NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eric Bledsoe 2016-2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mackdonald said:

so happy i traded my crowder and mudiay for this guy

I just did the opposite.  Sold (relatively) high and got what I thought was a good return.  My line of thinking is that it's barely 20 games into the season and Bledsoe is already spending IMO significant portions of games as a spectator and sitting on the 3pt line as TJ Warren and Booker get big bumps in usage and dominate the ball (Booker especially).  I don't think it's coincidence that since TJ Warren has sat out the last couple of games Bledsoe has reasserted himself.  

I think as the season goes on and Phoenix start to drop out of the playoff picture Phoenix will continue to want to hand the ball over to Warren and Booker to let them go to work and develop.  After having watched a fair few of Phoenix's games this season I'm confident Bledsoe's averages are going to be down on last season.  How much of a hit they'll take I'm not sure, overall they're not too bad now but the inconsistency from Warren or Booker getting hot on any given night is frustrating.

6 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I just did the opposite.  Sold (relatively) high and got what I thought was a good return.  My line of thinking is that it's barely 20 games into the season and Bledsoe is already spending IMO significant portions of games as a spectator and sitting on the 3pt line as TJ Warren and Booker get big bumps in usage and dominate the ball (Booker especially).  I don't think it's coincidence that since TJ Warren has sat out the last couple of games Bledsoe has reasserted himself.  

I think as the season goes on and Phoenix start to drop out of the playoff picture Phoenix will continue to want to hand the ball over to Warren and Booker to let them go to work and develop.  After having watched a fair few of Phoenix's games this season I'm confident Bledsoe's averages are going to be down on last season.  How much of a hit they'll take I'm not sure, overall they're not too bad now but the inconsistency from Warren or Booker getting hot on any given night is frustrating.

That's a very good point. 

Bledsoe is their franchise player. It's hard to imagine he will not continue to be their no. 1 option. 

Bledose has has some sluggish games before the big one against the sixers but he's put up pretty decent numbers with TJ warren around. 

12 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

Beast. He's really turned it up over the last 5 games.

Edit: Just noticed this streak coincides with TJ Warren going down. Sell high before TJ comes back?

No .. He's too good not to post a minimum of 3rd round value if he stays healthy .. I said minimum, cuz his ceiling is Top 15

2 hours ago, LuSamSiam said:

Beast. He's really turned it up over the last 5 games.

Edit: Just noticed this streak coincides with TJ Warren going down. Sell high before TJ comes back?

Last 5 Games:  Putting up 20.4 shots/game and averaging 6.6 assists

Before that, he was putting up 11.5 shots/game and 4.8 dimes.  He's been shooting at roughly the same clip over the last five games (though much better from three-point range). 

TJ Warren was putting up almost 17 shots/game before he got hurt.  That is a lot of shots that have been freed up, and Bledsoe and Knight have been obvious beneficiaries.  The 1-4 record against terrible competition isn't going to provide much justification for continuing with the Bledsoe-centric offense once Warren returns. 

When Warren comes back, Bledsoe's shots are at least going back down to 14 or so.  Probably more around 12-13.   What worries me more so are the assists.  With Warren, not only is he not getting the shots, he just doesn't have the ball in his hands as much.  He's made up for a little of that with career high rebounding numbers but how long does he keep that up? 

If the defensive numbers continue to return to what you expect from Bledsoe (as they have over the last several games), I'm sure we'll see a significant improvement from Bledsoe and he'll be better than he was before Warren's injury but worse than previous seasons.  He's just not going to get the shots that he did in previous seasons (and certainly not like he is now). 

Edited by BrotherMouzone