NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.J. Warren 2016-2017 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Original quote

" I think he’ll be out a matter of weeks; I don’t think it will be days but I don’t think it will be months. He’ll come back and play when he’s ready."

So I dunno where you got the idea that he will be out for months. Also the gm is no docotor and is just putting out estimates. "He things he will be out for weeks" not that he could actually miss weeks.

http://arizonasports.com/story/925222/suns-t-j-warren-out-indefinitely-with-head-injury/

have you not met swaggy yet?? this wild speculation happens once a week minimum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always sucks when teams refuse to divulge the true reason why players are sitting out. I think fans esp, the fans of their respective teams deserve to know what is happening to their players. Fans do use their money to pay and watch these guys play

8 hours ago, sya said:

It always sucks when teams refuse to divulge the true reason why players are sitting out. I think fans esp, the fans of their respective teams deserve to know what is happening to their players. Fans do use their money to pay and watch these guys play

Disagree 100%. How about a little privacy for someone? We are talking about someone's health. Everything shouldn't be public because you want it for fantasy purposes. You know that he's out for a while and he shouldn't have to tell you more.

13 hours ago, jehob said:

have you not met swaggy yet?? this wild speculation happens once a week minimum

to clarify I am still holding him in one of my 12 team leagues. but i am concerned about the fact that they ruled him out so quick for two weeks. since when do you rule someone out for two weeks for a concussion? unless its more serious. Usually its  dtd.

In the case of horford the dtd went to 10 days, but its not like they rule him out 2 weeks right off the bat.  Then there is the illness and hospital visit. Also coach pointed out that he will be ok. Sounds concerning to say the least. Maybe i am looking into this too much, but I feel there is more to it.  Hopefully he is ok.

But just be prepared for this to be a while

15 minutes ago, swaggyp said:

to clarify I am still holding him in one of my 12 team leagues. but i am concerned about the fact that they ruled him out so quick for two weeks. since when do you rule someone out for two weeks for a concussion? unless its more serious. Usually its  dtd.

In the case of horford the dtd went to 10 days, but its not like they rule him out 2 weeks right off the bat.  Then there is the illness and hospital visit. Also coach pointed out that he will be ok. Sounds concerning to say the least. Maybe i am looking into this too much, but I feel there is more to it.  Hopefully he is ok.

Just to play devils advocate here. Do you think maybe they ruled him out so quickly because they know that concussions are not to be messed with and looking at the Horford situation they can sort of gauge how long it might take?

Also what if its not a concussion, what if its like Viral Meningitis or something? For some reason that was my initial thought since they said he was sick then he went to the hospital, maybe it was an infection that spread and they are being cautious?

7 minutes ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

Just to play devils advocate here. Do you think maybe they ruled him out so quickly because they know that concussions are not to be messed with and looking at the Horford situation they can sort of gauge how long it might take?

Also what if its not a concussion, what if its like Viral Meningitis or something? For some reason that was my initial thought since they said he was sick then he went to the hospital, maybe it was an infection that spread and they are being cautious?

Vertigo

45 minutes ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

its posssible , however the lack of clarity on the owners leads me to believe its more.  maybe its not even a concussion. what if the tests revealed something else? who knows

3 hours ago, swaggyp said:

its posssible , however the lack of clarity on the owners leads me to believe its more.  maybe its not even a concussion. what if the tests revealed something else? who knows

I was thinking it was something medical as well i dont think they would hesitate to say he had a concussion

4 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

I was thinking it was something medical as well i dont think they would hesitate to say he had a concussion

i agree, just remember prepare for the worst. dont listen when they say 2 weeks. if you can flip now for comparable value, its a good idea

On 11/24/2016 at 9:00 AM, swaggyp said:

told u it was serious.  drop time  could be months 

5 hours ago, swaggyp said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“It’s tough but, in a couple weeks, I’ll be all right. … I’m still a little under the weather now but I should be fine as the days keep going.”

Still don't really get this couple of weeks thing but at least he's back at practice.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/11/25/phoenix-suns-tj-warren-expects-fine-couple-weeks/94440128/

Edited by gymchamp