Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.J. Warren 2016-2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Kb2432786 said:

 

Tucker did play 36 minutes tonight and put up a horrible line in a loss to Minnesota, so that does bode well for Warren.

Yeah Tucker has earned his minutes with weak fantasy lines because he contributes in the real game. Has been since the Hornacek days.

 

Warren also historically ignites when he is given minutes. Anyone watch the game know what happened? They bringing him back slowly? Maybe a high risk buy low.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus this feed has been hilarious. Conspiracy theory and hysteria all bundled into one haha

Guys been out for like 16 games. Makes sense to hold for a bit longer if you can. The upside is way to high to drop if you're in any competitive league...

He will eventually get his feet back and minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Yeah Tucker has earned his minutes with weak fantasy lines because he contributes in the real game. Has been since the Hornacek days.

 

Warren also historically ignites when he is given minutes. Anyone watch the game know what happened? They bringing him back slowly? Maybe a high risk buy low.

I watched the whole thing. It was a close game so Warren wasn't ever going to see the court. Warren looked incredibly slow on offense and defense. Got himself defensively into some awful positions. He just can't compete right now, which I guess is to be expected with the long layoff. But with what I saw it's going to take quite awhile. Just super slow and poor defending overall. Hard to really get a great vibe with 9 minutes of play time, but he's super rusty.

 

PJ Tucker played some decent defense and that's why he played. Any close games in the near term I don't think Warren will be given many minutes unless he is hot.

 

The shots that I remember Warren missing were all layups or right around the rim. Lots of rust

Edited by VelvetMerkin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't want to turn this into the PJ tucker thread but he's pretty solid defensive wing. I feel like he's destined to get traded to the Clippers tho. He would be a good  fit for a lot of teams. 

 

And the frustrating thing with Warren is the total silence on what is actually going on. I still think he's a hold regardless but maybe reconsider in a week if still going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pj tucker is a scrappy player who gives it his all and always hustles defensively .. You box score reading stat geeks wouldn't know, but folks around the league actually value him as a player. I hope I'm wrong, but it's looking like a future time share at best .. I called it off top. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VelvetMerkin said:

Oh I'm dropping for sure. No one is going to pick him up in my league not until after the new year and I bet his numbers don't get anywhere near where he was at before the injury. If he does, it'll be around the ASB. I've got Gary Harris and Harkless on ww.

 

some of us can't have him sit active and not play. It's a waste. There are plenty of other options out there. TJ Warren isn't some god that you can keep active without starting.

 

How are Harris and Harkless even available in your league?! Are you in an 8 team league?

 

I have him in a 12 team deep bench league and a 10 team league and am definitely not even remotely considering dropping in either. Guys it's been two games! Come on!!!! haha

 

If Harris and Harkless are on the wire I guess you could drop for those guys. Honestly though I feel like if those two are available on the wire either the guys you're playing with are retarded or you're playing in an 8 teamer (or maybe a 4 teamer? lol jk) and if that's the case then there's not much point in posting or discussing on rotoworld at all. Just pick your all star team and then stream a spot if you need to from your wire that's obviously filled with ridiculous talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

 

How are Harris and Harkless even available in your league?! Are you in an 8 team league?

 

I have him in a 12 team deep bench league and a 10 team league and am definitely not even remotely considering dropping in either. Guys it's been two games! Come on!!!! haha

 

If Harris and Harkless are on the wire I guess you could drop for those guys. Honestly though I feel like if those two are available on the wire either the guys you're playing with are retarded or you're playing in an 8 teamer (or maybe a 4 teamer? lol jk) and if that's the case then there's not much point in posting or discussing on rotoworld at all. Just pick your all star team and then stream a spot if you need to from your wire that's obviously filled with ridiculous talent.

yeah we are all retarded. <_< Maybe you need to stop being such a piece

 

10 teamer but there was some major stashing with the IR spots. We allow two per team. Harkless was dropped by a team with Conley and someone else that I can't remember. Harris was never purchased in our draft. I don't know why but I left early so I don't know why. We're only allowed 2 moves a week so people hold for a long time. No matter the reasons this is about TJ Warren and not my league.

 

No one in this thread recently has said why Warren is undroppable. He only produces with shed loads of minutes and attempts and he's not getting them soon. Was getting a crazy amount of steals before the injury, which will certainly drop so that hurts his value. Doesn't make 3s and rebounds are ok but not great. No assists. Why is he such an elite player? FG, FT, Points and few turnovers? Honest question.

 

Also, I think with Bledsoe's confidence back the shots won't be there as much for Warren. He was averaging ~35 mpg before the game he was injured in. It's going to be a long time before those minutes are up to that level. My guess is that people just want to say that they found the ww pick up of the year.

Edited by VelvetMerkin
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, VelvetMerkin said:

yeah we are all retarded. <_< Maybe you need to stop and use your brain a little.

 

10 teamer but there was some major stashing with the IR spots. We allow two per team. Harkless was dropped by a team with Conley and someone else that I can't remember. Harris was never purchased in our draft. I don't know why but I left early so I don't know why. We're only allowed 2 moves a week so people hold for a long time. No matter the reasons this is about TJ Warren and not my league.

 

No one in this thread recently has said why Warren is undroppable. He only produces with shed loads of minutes and attempts and he's not getting them soon. Was getting a crazy amount of steals before the injury, which will certainly drop so that hurts his value. Doesn't make 3s and rebounds are ok but not great. No assists. Why is he such an elite player? FG, FT, Points and few turnovers? Also, I think with Bledsoe's confidence back the shots won't be there as much for Warren. He was averaging ~35 mpg before the game he was injured in. It's going to be a long time before those minutes are up to that level.

 

Prob shouldn't have used the retarded comment :D My bad. To me it just didn't make sense to have those guys on the wire in any league unless it's like 8 team or less given how well Harris finished the season last year, his defense that guarantees him minutes and fantasy friendly game as well as the way Harkless has been playing all season with the 1-1-1 on great percentages with ample pt. Those guys were drafted in my leagues or snapped up in the first couple weeks. With 2 IL spots which I also have in my 12 teamer you'd think that would have made it easier to stash those guys no? Anyway, maybe the 2 moves a week really affects things a lot I dunno. 

 

Good point on Bledsoe maybe affecting his usage and PJ prob does take away some minutes at least for the short term. I just think that the Suns will prioritize their young players and develop Warren. His steals prob go down a bit but I don't think it's unreasonable for him to average 1.3-1.5 which is pretty elite esp given the other stats he brings for a guy who was drafted as an end of bench guy or off the wire. Pts, fg, ft, steals, low turnover, decent rbs. Half a block and half a 3 are valuable as well. That's all pretty valuable and elite to me. As for the threes I feel like they'll go up if anything. He shot 40% last year and averaged the same amount in 10 less minutes. Right now he's at 30% from deep. That prob goes up a bit.

 

Obviously there are questions with his strange undisclosed injury. Given the uncertainty If you have Harris on the wire I'd prob run not walk to grab him. Lock for minutes, similar stats, good percentages etc. I just feel like most people don't have Harkless or Harris types on their wire and so the people crying DROP!!! lol after 2 games are being kind of silly.

Edited by gymchamp
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

Pj tucker is a scrappy player who gives it his all and always hustles defensively .. You box score reading stat geeks wouldn't know, but folks around the league actually value him as a player. I hope I'm wrong, but it's looking like a future time share at best .. I called it off top. 

Warren has improved immensely on defense... but you knew that right? Why would a team rebuilding like the Suns not give the bulk of the minutes to their talented youngsters? In less than a few weeks TJ will be starting and playing 30+ mins. Come back and flame me if it doesn't happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

Just dropped him with mudiay being available .. Warren may go back to beginning season form, but it's guna take a while and im not guna let a red hot mudiay get away while Suns struggle to figure it out, if they even do. 

??? you're really losing your forum cred. You've been speaking to swaggyp too much bruh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Warren has improved immensely on defense... but you knew that right? Why would a team rebuilding like the Suns not give the bulk of the minutes to their talented youngsters? In less than a few weeks TJ will be starting and playing 30+ mins. Come back and flame me if it doesn't happen.

 

 

Why are they starting Tyson chandler? Because they're trying to win .. Not to make the playoffs, but to build a winning culture .. If coach Watson believes 25 minutes of tucker gives him the best chance, then best believe he'll get 25 minutes .. I like warren and I think he may go back to 16 ppgish .. But right now, it looks like he's a ways away 

Edited by IsraeliPSYCHO
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROTY said:

??? you're really losing your forum cred. You've been speaking to swaggyp too much bruh.

 

 

Have u seen mudiay's lines since Jokic and chandler been starting? Hard to pass that up when warren might take a month to get back to form, and that's IF he even does .. 

 

U can have your forum cred, I don't have time to sit around and wait while heaters pass me by on the ww 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

 

 

Why are they starting Tyson chandler? Because they're trying to win .. Not to make the playoffs, but to build a winning culture .. If coach Watson believes 25 minutes of tucker gives him the best chance, then best believe he'll get 25 minutes .. I like tucker and I think he may go back to 16 ppgish .. But right now, it looks like he's a ways away 

Tyson is better than Len, thats why. Warren is a better fit as a starter. Hes an elite scorer who can create his own shot AND defend! It makes sense to have him playing with Tyson. Booker and Bledsoe taking all the O aint enough!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROTY said:

Tyson is better than Len, thats why. Warren is a better fit as a starter. Hes an elite scorer who can create his own shot AND defend! It makes sense to have him playing with Tyson. Booker and Bledsoe taking all the O aint enough!

 

 

Suns been playing better with tucker than with warren .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

 

 

Have u seen mudiay's lines since Jokic and chandler been starting? Hard to pass that up when warren might take a month to get back to form, and that's IF he even does .. 

 

U can have your forum cred, I don't have time to sit around and wait while heaters pass me by on the ww 

I see, but im not buying. Mudiay is still and inefficient turnover king with low IQ. Ill be surprised if he instantly turns it around ros.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Not everyone could be JJ Barea, I'd give Warren at least two more weeeks. 2 much upside too cut. 

 

Two weeks sounds about right. For owners who held him this long, it'd be foolish to drop him after just two games especially with the fact that his true injury was never disclosed. The Suns are going nowhere and they'll prioritize the developments of Booker, Warren and Chriss moving forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...