NBC Sports EDGE Forums

T.J. Warren 2016-2017 Season Outlook

joshoowah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if we're talking about team defense as has been mentioned DJ is still out there along with others. We're not talking about the Sixers here. He's leading the team in minutes with Booker that's all I care about. People in this thread s--- on the guy way too much lol

How inconsistent has he really been though? He was injured for a month. They worked him back in for his first two games back then he went off for four straight. He shot poorly vs Toronto and got benched vs Utah for whatever reason. Since his return if we exclude his first two games back his minutes have been there in all games but one (6 out of 7 games).

Before being injured how inconsistent was he? https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5325/gamelog/

I see 11 straight games of solid minutes and production. If we take out the injured games and the two games getting up to speed where is this inconsistent guy everyone is talking about? the guy who is supposedly in a timeshare with Tucker?! lol You guys are seriously all on crack.

Bottom line: If he gets minutes (which it's clear he's going to get) he will produce.

37 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

How inconsistent has he really been though? He was injured for a month. They worked him back in for his first two games back then he went off for four straight. He shot poorly vs Toronto and got benched vs Utah for whatever reason. Since his return if we exclude his first two games back his minutes have been there in all games but one (6 out of 7 games).

Before being injured how inconsistent was he? https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5325/gamelog/

I see 11 straight games of solid minutes and production. If we take out the injured games and the two games getting up to speed where is this inconsistent guy everyone is talking about? the guy who is supposedly in a timeshare with Tucker?! lol You guys are seriously all on crack.

Bottom line: If he gets minutes (which it's clear he's going to get) he will produce.

I mean, he put up 2 consecutive duds after showing that he's back in the mix.....so you can't really escape the fact that he's been inconsistent since returning. is it due to the injury? maybe. but facts are facts......hopefully, he produces ros, since I just picked him back up.

18 minutes ago, FBPro said:

What you mean by cleared waiver?

I dropped him after his first 2 games back (dec 17 and dec 19) where he was terrible....no one put in a waiver claim, meaning he cleared waivers. so I picked him up again.....

then dropped him again after his two recent duds (dec 29 and dec 31)...once again, no one claimed him, so I picked him back up today.

since returning, he's had 5 bad games and 4 good ones.....thats pretty much the definition of inconsistent. 

1 minute ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

I dropped him after his first 2 games back (dec 17 and dec 19) where he was terrible....no one put in a waiver claim, meaning he cleared waivers. so I picked him up again.....

then dropped him again after his two recent duds (dec 29 and dec 31)...once again, no one claimed him, so I picked him back up today.

since returning, he's had 5 bad games and 4 good ones.....thats pretty much the definition of inconsistent. 

oh i gotcha, yea the head injury ruined him

I think he is not 100% yet. His free throws are all over the place but he made 10 straight in SA. I think he is actually a good FT shooter when he gets rolling cause I have never seen bad FT shooters make 10 in a row. in almost all the games he gets 12-16 shots. Before this rough patch he was almost giving out the 1/1/1 too. The upside is pretty high.

I think I have to just close my eyes and play him starting tonight in my 8 cat roto. He's just gonna be one of those streaky players for a bit and I always get punished for trying to time that. Plus MIA with no Winslow and Whiteside should be good for him, even if it is a B2B.

10 hours ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

Lol The guy was on the shelf for a month! No team is gonna play a guy 30 minutes a game as soon as he comes back so I think it's fair to discount the first two games when he returned.

As for the two "duds" since showing he's back...he shot poorly vs Toronto but still gave us two steals and the minutes were there. I'm sorry man but you're allowed to shoot poorly every once in a while. Maybe we should all drop Devin Booker or Lavine types every time they go 3 for 12? 

Sitting the second half in the next game was worrisome but he was back in the starting lineup in that game and is still starting now. Look at the rest of his box scores for the ENTIRE season. Give the guy a break. 

Also, IsraeliPsycho, if we're gonna talk about consistency aren't you the guy who was touting dropping Warren and running to grab Muddiay not long ago? I see he's on your roster. That guy is the epitome of consistency right? ;)

Edited by gymchamp

11 hours ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

Mudiay

Covington

Rubio

Seems your goal is to only roster inconsistent players...

1 hour ago, gymchamp said:

Also, IsraeliPsycho, if we're gonna talk about consistency aren't you the guy who was touting dropping Warren and running to grab Muddiay not long ago? I see he's on your roster. That guy is the epitome of consistency right? ;)

9 minutes ago, crocp said:

Mudiay

Covington

Rubio

Seems your goal is to only roster inconsistent players...

gKQoO.gif

1 hour ago, gymchamp said:

Naah, mudiay's worse but he has a higher ceiling