Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.J. Warren 2016-2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, taenggg said:

 

there is always a chance this doesn't happen when earl watson is calling the shots

 

I doubt it. They're one of the worst teams in the league with a deep draft coming up, and he's 23 years old. Smart money says big minutes down the stretch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He should get minutes going forward but Earl Watson has been shown that he'll play the hot hand. 

 

The strange part to me is the game when where tj, I think scored 4 points,  played big minutes even though he wasn't hot. The rw blurb said that tj was in for defense but today tucker was used when the game was tight and wasnt hit so I think rw is wrong. Just gotta hope he gets and stays hot.

Edited by RedactedFart
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any competitive H2H league usually comes down to the last game on the last day. 

So some duds from a stud does mean it's tj hurting his wins. 

Just saying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balirun said:

Any competitive H2H league usually comes down to the last game on the last day. 

So some duds from a stud does mean it's tj hurting his wins. 

Just saying. 

 

Duds from studs is somehow TJ hurting his chance at a win and not the studs themselves for not producing? What kind of logic is this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody think Bledsoe, Devin Booker, and TJ Warren can't all co-exist/do well for fantasy purposes at the same time, at least with this system and coach?  

  

I'm yet to go back and have a look through the game logs but I feel like at the start of the season when TJ was breaking out it was usually either him and Booker OR Bledsoe having big games.  Then Bledsoe starting calling his own number more and Booker starting going through a slump.  Then TJ got hurt, Tucker came back and now it's Bledsoe and/or Booker dominating the ball with Warren left out.  None of these guys are pass first players (including Bledsoe) and Booker and Warren especially are blackholes, especially Warren (or he was when he was on that tear before his head injury).  

  

I don't think Bledsoe is going anywhere and neither is Booker, and with the way Watson is coaching Booker i.e. Booker shoot = good I'm not sure if Warren will be a consistent producer.  I mean I hope he comes good as I own him in several leagues but I have my doubts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

 

Duds from studs is somehow TJ hurting his chance at a win and not the studs themselves for not producing? What kind of logic is this.

Tj is the Stud producing duds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Anybody think Bledsoe, Devin Booker, and TJ Warren can't all co-exist/do well for fantasy purposes at the same time, at least with this system and coach?  

  

I'm yet to go back and have a look through the game logs but I feel like at the start of the season when TJ was breaking out it was usually either him and Booker OR Bledsoe having big games.  Then Bledsoe starting calling his own number more and Booker starting going through a slump.  Then TJ got hurt, Tucker came back and now it's Bledsoe and/or Booker dominating the ball with Warren left out.  None of these guys are pass first players (including Bledsoe) and Booker and Warren especially are blackholes, especially Warren (or he was when he was on that tear before his head injury).  

  

I don't think Bledsoe is going anywhere and neither is Booker, and with the way Watson is coaching Booker i.e. Booker shoot = good I'm not sure if Warren will be a consistent producer.  I mean I hope he comes good as I own him in several leagues but I have my doubts.

Good analysis. Fair analysis. I will say though, 3 scorers can co-exist though and get plenty of buckets, even with black hole type players, the Wolves are a great example of this. 

Personally im struggling to hold with the way my league is set out (as stated above). Hes a great scorer that doesnt hurt you but he sure does lack in a lot of areas. If he could avg either 6 boards or 1.8 triples or 2.5 dimes id be more inclined to hold on for dear life. Right now hes just not doing it for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

 

If TJ is singehandedly losing your matchups, something must be wrong with your team. Just saying. 

 

It was me playing vs very productive guys, rest of my team performed well (even tho Kawhi and Conley missed matches) and on the last night I needed Warren to get at least 10 points and then he goes in minus two matches in row. That's why I'm losing because of him.

Edited by n3xu5
Link to post
Share on other sites

idk how you can call someone who averages 14.8 points/0.8 3PM/4.8 REB/0.8 AST/1.4 STL/0.4 BLK on 44% shooting a stud.....just an average player to me, i do get that he has a promising future but he is not a stud yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, n3xu5 said:

 

It was me playing vs very productive guys, rest of my team performed well (even tho Kawhi and Conley missed matches) and on the last night I needed Warren to get at least 10 points and then he goes in minus two matches in row. That's why I'm losing because of him.

who says matches these days!??:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tucker isn't having an effect on him. The coaching is. Warren doesn't do 1 on 1's as you can see he regularly passes the ball away in that situation.

 

They just have to get as a team, he's always cutting to the basket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Balirun said:

Tj is the Stud producing duds. 

You got him either last round or from the waiver wire.

 

Again, if his underperforming coincides with you losing match-ups, there is something else wrong with your early round draftees.

Edited by Gamecubesupreme
Link to post
Share on other sites

I figure he finds some form again soon - he's such an efficient midrange shooter so even at this season's higher volumes I'd be surprised if his FG didn't trend up to the .480-.490 range when he gets his legs back under him more, and with that will come trust/minutes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow is huge for me if I am going to keep Warren. As I mentioned before I hate the international games and Phoenix plays twice in Mexico City. That's my situation and I'm fighting for my playoff life, but if I could stand to hold for awhile I would. He's going to be a rollercoaster, but he should get a big run

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...