NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.J. Warren 2016-2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, bangbang said:

Is he going to be must-own if PJ is traded for something other than a SF? If so, do you guys think he'll be back to his pre-injury value?

He should get 30+ min each night if no one else comes in to challenge those minutes. Wont go back to pre-injury value. That was insane value. He will flirt with it on some occassions but hes damn inconsistent. Hopefully with the increased minutes though he gets it going almost as good 

2 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Him or Wilson Chandler in s a 10 teamer?

try asking that question in here:

Assistant Coach Help Forum

This forum is for all questions regarding your particular team and/or league settings. Such questions include but not limited to, "Do I make this trade?", "Who do I start?", "Who do I pickup?", "Who should I keep?" and "Rate my team".

Warren easily looking at 35min a night now, and we saw what he could do with those type of minutes (top 40). Don't see how isn't a must add in any league.

edit: check out the PHO depth chart. They don't even have a dedicated backup at SF (granted they have PFs that can play SF, but still...). Warren should see as many minutes as he can handle

Edited by hlee145
13 minutes ago, hlee145 said:

Warren easily looking at 35min a night now, and we saw what he could do with those type of minutes (top 40). Don't see how isn't a must add in any league.

edit: check out the PHO depth chart. They don't even have a dedicated backup at SF (granted they have PFs that can play SF, but still...). Warren should see as many minutes as he can handle

wasn't he playing 30mins? how 5 more mins going to make that much a difference

8 minutes ago, -M- said:

wasn't he playing 30mins? how 5 more mins going to make that much a difference

He wasn't getting 30 consistently since the head injury. Also, he was getting pulled in games in favor of PJ for defensive reasons, which was probably also effecting his confidence. There is not PJ left to pull him for. Could be wishful thinking on my part, but I scooped him hoping he can return to pre head injury form. We shall see...

I watched part of this game and granted I was watching Bledsoe because I own him, but I can't say anything bad about Warren. I still don't know why he can't get the beginning of the year numbers again, but I don't see it happening. All that said he looked good and a nice pick up. Why not take a flyer on a guy that should get plenty of run with ceiling that is way higher than he's recently shown?

T.J. Warren was solid in his first game of the year sans P.J. Tucker, scoring 17 points on 8-of-14 shooting to go with eight boards, two assists, two steals and one turnover over 38 minutes. Warren should have no trouble logging minutes in the high-30s moving forward, so he has a great chance of returning to that top-50 guy he was during the first couple months of the season. Make sure he’s not on your waiver wire.

I'm in a 10 teamer and when I found out about the news that Tucker was getting the old bye bye from PHX, I immediately scooped Warren. Granted, this was about a week before the deadline and everyone in my league looked at me like I was high. Now whose laughing....lol in all seriousness though, warren's really only competing with bledsoe and booker for touches. Some of you should read this too...

Brandon Knight was a DNP-CD on Friday.

With the Suns wanting to get a look at Tyler Ulis, Knight just won't have any opportunity unless Eric Bledsoe or Devin Booker miss a game. Drop him. 

• I understand Knight does not play the 3, but if they were that high on Knight, wouldn't they slide Booker to the 3 to incorporate Knight and give him minutes? The obvious answer here is no, or they woudlve. Maybe this doesnt stick but if hes only competing with minutes from the likes of Jared Dudley (lol) I see no reason why he doesnt get at least 30 min/game ROS. And if he does that, hes capable of averaging what he did last night. Bledsoe is a good facilitator, hes not mini-lebron for nothin..I'm high on TJ rest-of-year, I see it that some nights he might take a backseat to let bledsoe/booker eat but he will have his chances too. 

suns GM Ryan McDonough also said they want to give more way to the youth movement...

Tyson Chandler was a DNP-CD on Friday against the Bulls.
On Arizona Sports radio today, general manager Ryan McDonough hinted that the team talked to Chandler to make sure it was OK that his role would diminish with the youth movement. McDonough called Chandler "phenomenal" about accepting the change, and added they would've considered trading him if Chandler wasn't OK with that. He probably won't rest every game, but there's no doubt this won't be the last time he is out of the lineup going forward. He's a drop candidate due to the incoming DNPs. 

Now I'm aware he plays Center, but its obviously clear McDonough wants to get an extended look at his top 3 younger guys (Bledsoe, Booker, Warren) and I bet Marquesse Chriss and Len start with them for the remainder of the season as this looks like the "core" for the next handful of years, mind as well see what u have in a lost season so u can reload (if need be in any way) for next year