NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

hard1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, free_hernandez said:

To get this thread back on topic, what if Stafford who is on fire, drops 3 or 4 td on the first half, they'll probably run the ball a lot on the second half.

They should.. Also, anyone heard anything about Abdullah's availability ROS, I have seen conflicting reports?

29 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

They should.. Also, anyone heard anything about Abdullah's availability ROS, I have seen conflicting reports?

Most reliable reporting has it that Abdullah will not be back on the field in 2016.

10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Most reliable reporting has it that Abdullah will not be back on the field in 2016.

Thanks, I think DW could be a real good fantasy asset. He sure looks like a guy that will be more than capable from the highlights I have seen

Alright Ladies and Gentlefolk, this thread has been way off topic today. This discussion can surely proceed without the use of derogatory terminology and the off topic discussions that it creates. Lets keep this discussion focused on Mr. Washington. Thank you good people of the RW forums.

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

My predictions:

If the game is close (and/or Lions are up) - 16 Carries, 64 Yards, 1 TD.

If Lions are playing from behind - 12 Carries, 50 Yards, 0-1 TD.

so in other words, a TD dependent low end RB2 / high end RB3

5 hours ago, Jaden374 said:

so in other words, a TD dependent low end RB2 / high end RB3

Given most expect the Lions not to be playing from behind in this, I'd argue that the prediction of 64 yards 1td makes him a solid RB2. A high end RB2 in standard. Hopefully he can add in perhaps 2 receptions and some receiving yards for PPR purposes. That said, I do agree that if somehow the Bears run up the score, it could be the Theo Riddick show while Washington stares at a Jonathan Stewart-like fantasy line. 

19 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Given most expect the Lions not to be playing from behind in this, I'd argue that the prediction of 64 yards 1td makes him a solid RB2. A high end RB2 in standard. Hopefully he can add in perhaps 2 receptions and some receiving yards for PPR purposes. That said, I do agree that if somehow the Bears run up the score, it could be the Theo Riddick show while Washington stares at a Jonathan Stewart-like fantasy line. 

Most expect the Lions to be playing from behind? I think you have your signals crossed.

Lions are steady 3 point favorites on the road.

Given most expect the Lions not to be playing from behind in this

22 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Most expect the Lions to be playing from behind? I think you have your signals crossed.

Lions are steady 3 point favorites on the road.

thats not what he said bro.

18 hours ago, boltup15 said:

The one thing I love about this thread is everyone was doubting Abdullah being a big factor (except me) and now we have an RB come in who is not even close to as talented as Abdullah and playing less snaps but he has 'RB1 upside' and is a 'solid RB2'. 

Probably has something to do with Abdullah not getting GL carries while DWash has already locked down that role. 

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Probably has something to do with Abdullah not getting GL carries while DWash has already locked down that role. 

imo,  basing fantasy value of an RB (specifically  in a ppr league)  on GL carries is such a risky and off-putting strategy for me - especially when the team isn't known to constantly ground control / pound the rock such as SF or LA. 

It's like for example ....in ppr - -   Lacy has the GL carries.  Awesome.  Isn't it great how Lacy handles the majority of GL carries in green bay?  No, it really isn't

2 minutes ago, Jaden374 said:

imo,  basing fantasy value of an RB (specifically  in a ppr league)  on GL carries is such a risky and off-putting strategy for me - especially when the team isn't known to constantly ground control / pound the rock such as SF or LA. 

It's like for example ....in ppr - -   Lacy has the GL carries.  Awesome.  Isn't it great how Lacy handles the majority of GL carries in green bay?  No, it really isn't

GL carries are a big deal, even in PPR. Because of them DWash's ceiling is higher than Abdullah's...especially if Riddick keeps getting less than 2 ypc. 

15 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

You got one part of that wrong.  Dwayne had the goal-line role in game 1 of the regular season.  It's more accurate to say Washington kept his initial role and is on his way to adding Abdullah's.

3 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

GL carries are a big deal, even in PPR. Because of them DWash's ceiling is higher than Abdullah's...especially if Riddick keeps getting less than 2 ypc. 

Abdullah week 1 - 62% of snaps. 12 carries 62 yards. 5 receptions 57 yards and a TD. 

Dwayne Washington will not be putting up those numbers. 

Even with 62% of the snaps he only had 12 carries. This team doesn't run. This reminds me of Terrance West who was an easy avoid. 

The range of outcomes for Dwayne Washington on a week to week basis has such a wide spread. Why would you want a guy reliant on TD's for production... he's like Jeremy Hill just plays a lower percentage of snaps on a team that runs less. 

9 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Abdullah week 1 - 62% of snaps. 12 carries 62 yards. 5 receptions 57 yards and a TD. 

Dwayne Washington will not be putting up those numbers. 

Even with 62% of the snaps he only had 12 carries. This team doesn't run. This reminds me of Terrance West who was an easy avoid. 

No one knows exactly how Washington will do this week against the Bears.  I'll settle for Ezekiel Elliott's numbers from last week v. Chicago.  Without the vultured 1 yard TD run, though.