NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

11 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Abdullah week 1 - 62% of snaps. 12 carries 62 yards. 5 receptions 57 yards and a TD. 

Dwayne Washington will not be putting up those numbers. 

Even with 62% of the snaps he only had 12 carries. This team doesn't run. This reminds me of Terrance West Dontrelle Inman who was an easy avoid. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

who wants a freak athlete in a good offense eligible at a wasteland of a position in fantasy football? everyone. great PPR counter point by the way. 

That's a naive way to think of Washington. 

The freak althlete smokescreen blinds fantasy owners daily. 

Until Riddick goes down good luck projecting goal line carries and production for Washington. 

26 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Abdullah week 1 - 62% of snaps. 12 carries 62 yards. 5 receptions 57 yards and a TD. 

Dwayne Washington will not be putting up those numbers. 

Even with 62% of the snaps he only had 12 carries. This team doesn't run. This reminds me of Terrance West who was an easy avoid. 

Any RB can put up those #s against IND...literally the worst LBs in the league (and as a Giants fan, that's saying something). 

DWash IMO is a high-upside stash for now. His floor is low, but ceiling is higher than any other DET RB on the roster. 

15 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

@lolcopter except I never picked up Inman... or Williams... 

That Inman thing is going to stick with you for a while my friend.  Profound comment on your judgment I'm afraid.

Back to Washington, we don't need to project that he will get goal-line carries, because he is already getting them and has been for the entire season thus far.

30 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

The range of outcomes for Dwayne Washington on a week to week basis has such a wide spread. Why would you want a guy reliant on TD's for production... he's like Jeremy Hill just plays a lower percentage of snaps on a team that runs less. 

agreed.  good luck starting a guy that is goal line or bust week to week.  my thoughts would change drastically if washington will catch passes.  Just a 3-25 line avg a week catching even would go a very long way.  We shall see. 

I do know that he had great hands in college.  And that is why I am holding.  If they are going to treat him like a less glorified jeremy hill , then at least in ppr it's not startable.

54 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Probably has something to do with Abdullah not getting GL carries while DWash has already locked down that role. 

yea i wouldnt dare start him this week unless I was desperate, but man he fits the bill of a guy who could shoulder a big load and has made explosive plays, albeit in preseason..great upside stash imo

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

he's either latavius murray or david johnson  ... looking forward to finding out

[i'll gladly take either considering the price]

I was about to say i would be thrilled with LM!

M

3 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

this is fairly comparable level of competition he'll face this week ...

I remember preseason in the Alshon jeffrey thread where people were trying to argue the Bears had a top 15 defense and that would be the reason for Alshon regression....

Dwayne does that home run potential. He's the new Antone Smith. 

3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

... you'll settle for Ezekiel Elliott's numbers?  

Now that CMike is actually panning out, the forum needs another backup RB with off the charts athletic ability to get ultra excited about and make ridiculously over-exaggerated predictions. The non-Zeke Cowboys rushing less TDs is much more attainable and realistic (11 for 59)