NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

hard1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Spicoli56 said:

LOL at people in here using his injury as an excuse. This guy sucks and was ridiculously overhyped in this thread for no reason. He never had the clear staring gig, he never even had anything resembling a productive fantasy day. It was just pure speculation and people were plugging him in to their lineup like blind men trying to hit a bullseye. 

Wow, great analysis. Can I get a copy of your newsletter? I can't believe you can make such definitive statements for a guy that had 2 carries and 1 catch before getting injured. Thanks you for your worthwhile contribution to this thread. 

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

So between washington and howard, i guess washington was the wrong choice?

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

The guy got hurt. Was this thread supposed to predict that?

Even a healthy Washington would not have outproduced Howard. He is a three down workhorse that will have the job for the next 4-5 weeks. Washington at best was splitting the job with Riddick.

Missed out on Howard because I was too stingy with the dollars, this guy was the consolation prize. I'll know for next time. Never can bid too aggressively for a bellcow back.

Any news about this guy? In a walking boot? Any beat reporters have anything to say after the game?

1 hour ago, leesanity7 said:

@burninglegs Being a Lions fan, what do you think about this situation? Droppable now right?

I don't want to get off this train...

My point of view is that there isn't enough clarity to make a call one way or another based on his performance. He had 2 rushing attempts and 1 catch this week. Too small a sample size to make any call one way or another. However, he did get injured so if one is looking for a reason to cut him so that they could go after another WW add, I could understand that. 

But too early to say Washington stinks based on his week 4 performance. It is definitely possible that he isn't good, but we don't have enough data to say that for sure. It is also possible that he is good, however we don't have enough data to say that for sure either. If his injury is serious, drop him. If it is minor and nothing else is interesting on the WW, keep him and see what he does in the upcoming weeks. Maybe he doesn't do anything, but one thing is for sure; Riddick is not a between the tackles RB. As a result, either Washington or Zenner or some other RB (if they sign someone not currently on the team) could very well take over that role. Riddick just isn't that guy. 

Gameplan:

- If minor (<=2 week) ankle twist, hold

- If med (3,4 week) ankle sprain, then: Hold in 14, Drop in 12 depending on waiver depth and team situation, Drop in 10 man

- If major (4+ week) high ankle sprain, drop everywhere.

The potential from situation and talent is still there.  

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

He hadn't done anything before you picked him up, either.  But there's a reason you picked him up, right?

Yeah, I picked him up to see if he could do "somethinnnnng" against a weak defense, but I was wrong, so he goes back to where he belongs.

That's what you do in fantasy football, you pick up a player to see what they got, you don't wait until afterwards, otherwise, you may not get him. 

1 minute ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Yeah, I picked him up to see if he could do "somethinnnnng" against a weak defense, but I was wrong, so he goes back to where he belongs.

That's what you do in fantasy football, you pick up a player to see what they got, you don't wait until afterwards, otherwise, you may not get him. 

But he got hurt so you never got the opportunity to see if he could do anything.

It really depends on the length of the injury.  If he's out just one week, you should still wait and see if he can do "somethinnng".  I guess that depends on your waiver and bench situation.

I will decide whether to drop after the Lions give us some info about the injury.  Or if anyone else sees a story, tweet, or update, hopefully they will link it here.

Obviously the fact that he left the game and did not return is a bad sign.  Did anyone see the mechanism of the injury?

Edited by SharkSwimmer

With the big bye weeks coming up, it's going to be hard to hold him if there isn't positive news prior to waiver processing.  I really like this player but lottery tickets are the second thing to be dropped (after JAGs, of course) when the bye week shuffle begins and we need to reach for backup QBs, second TEs, etc.

The good news: He's coming off a nothing stat line so if you drop him he may still be available to you later in the week for a song.