NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

No way he'said playing this week. More like out for an extended period if not the season. Waiting to see if he's put on IR. Regardless his usefulness as a 2016 FF asset seems to be about nil.

Edited by Red Dog
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

No way he'said playing this week. More like out for an extended period if not the season. Waiting to see if he'said put on IR. Regardless his usefulness as a 2016 FF asset is about nil.

He has a sprained foot and ankle. He might not play this Sunday as he hopes but no clue why you are bringing up that he could be out the whole season.

10 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Did you see that play where he got stuffed?  I got league pass.  I can create a gif of the play if you need to see it and understand that's not really a logical argument.

Body of work speaks much louder than ONE individual play both FOR and AGAINST 2 different players.  It seems to me moreso like building a case for one player out of Fan Love and trying to discredit another out of Fan Hate.

Body of work shows that ZZ ran for 45 (FORTY-FIVE) TDs in his final 2 years in college.

D Wash - 13.

I realize how I came off sounds a bit "snarky" and maybe even douche baggish, it's not really my intention however and I hope you don't take offense.  This is just my opinion on the situation.

No I don't take offense to your thoughtful analysis.  The example I gave may not have been the most scientific but you challenged me to provide one and I wanted to give some response.

I am not excited about Detroit's RB situation in general, as the team seems to be going through a general melt-down, but I am excited about Dwayne because he looks like he can break off some big runs and possibly help the Lions and my fantasy team.  Zenner has been around long enough by now to prove he is nothing special as far as I can see.

8 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Did you see that play where he got stuffed?  I got league pass.  I can create a gif of the play if you need to see it and understand that's not really a logical argument.

Body of work speaks much louder than ONE individual play both FOR and AGAINST 2 different players.  It seems to me moreso like building a case for one player out of Fan Love and trying to discredit another out of Fan Hate.

Body of work shows that ZZ ran for 45 (FORTY-FIVE) TDs in his final 2 years in college.

D Wash - 13.

I realize how I came off sounds a bit "snarky" and maybe even douche baggish, it's not really my intention however and I hope you don't take offense.  This is just my opinion on the situation.

I'm sorry, but Zach Zenner scoring 45 touchdowns in his final two seasons at South Dakota State really carries no weight in this 2016-2017 NFL fantasy league. 

Furthermore, you boast about having League Pass and seeing these carries for yourself when you watched the game, yet you JUST posted about the Lions potentially bringing in Joique Bell as a potential signing this week...yet Joique Bell was signed by the Bears last week, and got a decent amount of playing time and several carries in the very game you claim to have watched so closely...

Can't really blame us for questioning your insight on the subject. 

I am sorry, but I'm with several others on this board in thinking that you sometimes just like typing long-winded responses for the effect of being more knowledgeable than you actually are, when in reality, you're in the same boat is most of us experienced fantasy players are. 

But he was in the game at the end so the injury is quite obviously not all that serious.  We will have Wednesday practice in the books before I have to make any decision, but I am sure leaning towards a "hold."

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But he was in the game at the end so the injury is quite obviously not all that serious.  We will have Wednesday practice in the books before I have to make any decision, but I am sure leaning towards a "hold."

He did come back into the game? Are we sure?

When was the last time a player with a sprained foot didn't miss any games?

I don'the recall one. I can recall many players coming back into a game after an injury, only to miss subsequent  games afterwards.

12 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

I'm sorry, but Zach Zenner scoring 45 touchdowns in his final two seasons at South Dakota State really carries no weight in this 2016-2017 NFL fantasy league. 

Furthermore, you boast about having League Pass and seeing these carries for yourself when you watched the game, yet you JUST posted about the Lions potentially bringing in Joique Bell as a potential signing this week...yet Joique Bell was signed by the Bears last week, and got a decent amount of playing time and several carries in the very game you claim to have watched so closely...

Can't really blame us for questioning your insight on the subject. 

I am sorry, but I'm with several others on this board in thinking that you sometimes just like typing long-winded responses for the effect of being more knowledgeable than you actually are, when in reality, you're in the same boat is most of us experienced fantasy players are. 

I haven't watched the game yet.  I have league pass which means I can go back and watch the game and create a gif of a specific play.  I never once said I saw the complete game in question.  After Shark posted what he posted I went back and watched that play real quick though.  3 defenders on him 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage and he was hit the second he received the football.  He did well just to avoid a fumble.  Do you want to see the gif also I can create?

I did not know Joique Bell was a bear, so that would eliminate Bell from being the one that takes Zenner's job (muddling Zenner's job) assuming DW is out, but you can apply the Joique Bell scenario to other free agents out there.  

You are one of my trolls.  You come at me consistently but you can not beat me.  I make long winded responses about my opinions on the situation because I believe real analysis is more than a photo shopped picture of a person's face on the front of a train.  You seem to find me in every thread I go but I fail to see any predictions you make, mainly just trolling of mine.  I also put caveats like, "this is my opinion", "I've been wrong before", I don't try to fight people, I try to educate myself actually.  When I make statements trolls come at me (you know this as you are one), sometimes they educate me and show me I am wrong, I get better for that.  Other times they merely just be trolling and I defend myself.  Nonetheless, Go write up a meaningful analysis on a player you believe or don't believe in, maybe if I stumble upon you I will give you some feedback.  I won't go searching for you though, only weirdos do that.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
27 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

No way he'said playing this week. More like out for an extended period if not the season. Waiting to see if he's put on IR. Regardless his usefulness as a 2016 FF asset seems to be about nil.

Did you see the part where he was back in at the end of the game?

Dwayne Washington is dealing with a sprained foot and ankle.

The Detroit Free Press says the Lions remain "hopeful" Washington "won't miss any time," but he never returned after suffering the injuries in the second quarter against the Bears and seems unlikely to play this week. Beat writer Dave Birkett says Washington was "limping noticeably" in the locker room following Sunday's loss. The Lions may have to make a move at running back soon. They did sign ex-Bucs RB Mike James to the practice squad on Monday.

Oct 3 - 4:38 PM

Yet there is video of him playing at the end of the game in the link above.  But then he was limping noticeably.

Not sure what to make of this.

I think for me, I'm not all that excited about the Detroit RB situation.  Pass first offense, the line doesn't seem to be generating much movement, the staff enamored with Riddick...

Debating whether or not to drop for Bobby Rainey before tonight's game.

2 minutes ago, CallMeBDB said:

thanks BDB, not sure what to do. I definitely need a RB to materialize, and thought about dropping DW for Darkwa since i can since i didn't start DW yesterday. If i knew it was a multi week injury I wouldn't hesistate, but after seeing that he did come back i think i will hold.

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yet there is video of him playing at the end of the game in the link above.  But then he was limping noticeably.

Not sure what to make of this.

I think for me, I'm not all that excited about the Detroit RB situation.  Pass first offense, the line doesn't seem to be generating much movement, the staff enamored with Riddick...

Debating whether or not to drop for Bobby Rainey before tonight's game.

Cool, what about Darkwa, guessing you are in PPR or Darwka isn't available in your league?

20 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

When was the last time a player with a sprained foot didn't miss any games?

I don'the recall one. I can recall many players coming back into a game after an injury, only to miss subsequent  games afterwards.

I wasn't denying that he could miss time. I was clearly responding to this part of your post: " No way he'said playing this week. More like out for an extended period if not the season.Where are you getting he could miss the rest of the season?

Who are you going to believe, the Detroit Free Press who says Washington never came back in the game, or your lyin' eyes when you watch the clip of No. 36 Dwayne Washington in the game on Detroit's final offensive play?

My advice is: If you have the depth, and can afford to stash him, take a wait and see approach with him on your bench. He still has some appeal as a lotto ticket. If you have a losing record or are affected by bye weeks drop him. I doubt someone will pick him up at this point.

Personally, I will have to let him go so I can pickup Moncrief who was just dropped. 

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Who are you going to believe, the Detroit Free Press who says Washington never came back in the game, or your lyin' eyes when you watch the clip of No. 36 Dwayne Washington in the game on Detroit's final offensive play?

I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens