NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

hard1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torn on dropping him...can't blame him last week due to injury...but have to wonder how the split will be going forward.  Plus DET had NO run game last week.  I don't know.  High hopes but I have a feeling he is going to turn into a flex play at best

11 minutes ago, joey0480 said:

Torn on dropping him...can't blame him last week due to injury...but have to wonder how the split will be going forward.  Plus DET had NO run game last week.  I don't know.  High hopes but I have a feeling he is going to turn into a flex play at best

Yes but a possible trade chip later in once he gets healthy. There will be other injuries to rbs. 

desperately wishing we hear news tonight, but looking unlikely now.

Couple guys I want to add off waivers, so might have to pull the "drop the kicker" move for now. And then hold off till the end of the week before making a further decision.

21 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Bad idea to drop. I mentioned that if you hold and he comes back to do well, you could at least trade 

It's fine to drop this guy depending on league size and roster make-up. He's totally unproven, and may not play this week. If you have short benches in a 12-team league most people are dealing with bye weeks and stuff, so I'd be really surprised if he's claimed. Wait for news and pick him up as a FA if you're really turned on by Washington and play in a 10-12 team league. If you're in a deeper one, then yeah maybe stash. Would depend on who is available. 

Edited by LongBalls

1 hour ago, roguebagel said:

(Standard league) I'm holding him and every RB with potential for to be a starter and carry the workload. I'd much rather be in a position to roll 3 starting RBs in a given week than try to guess who my 3rd best WR is...who the heck knows week to week.

Why do people keep suggesting this?  I know this is the hype train, but you guys are ridiculous.  The train is so long you guys at the end can't even see the engine at the front or where you are going.

This guy doesn't have special measureables, so I don't get the love there.

This guy isn't a crazy power back despite his size, so I don't get the love there.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/no-good-option-at-running-back-for-washington-huskies/

The Washington Huskies released their Week 1 depth chart, with both Dwayne Washington and Lavon Coleman listed as starting running backs.

Last season the Huskies used a rotation at running back with four running backs totaling over 100 snaps. Most expected Dwayne Washington to be in the lead role this season on his own, however, that may not be the best option for the Huskies. Dwayne Washington graded as the 217th (out of 227) running backs in 2014, partly due to producing only 2.2 yards after contact — in the bottom half for running backs with 25 percent of the carries.

This guy didn't do much in college, so i don't even know what there is to love there.

This guy hasn't done much at the NFL level, so I'm not sure where the hype is coming from.  If he had a 100 yard game and two TD's I get it.

Have you guys seen him play?  Have you seen him in college?  People act like right now he still won't split carries with Riddick, and if he doesn't, I guarantee Zenner gets in the mix because he has done nothing to warrant the keys to the car with zero competition.

Then people say he can be a starter and carry the workload.  Do you know how many times he had 20 or more carries in college?  ZERO!  Do you know how many times he had 15 or more carries in college?  TWICE!  In fact, in college, he only got 10 or more carries in 13 out of 28 games he played.  LESS THAN HALF!  He had 10 carries in 3 out of 8 games in 2013, 9 out of 12 in 2014, 1 out of 8 in 2015.  His final year he got phased out before injury.  He had 100 yards rushing 4 times in his career.  He only started to be used in the passing game his last year and caught 25 that year, 41 for his entire college career.

Now this doesn't mean you shouldn't own him, because hey, he is getting the carries right now and the goal line work.   I've seen him compared to David Johnson (because he was a WR and 40 time), AP (looks similar), Latavius Murray (reasonable comp, but Washington would be the poor man version of Murray), to Le'Veon Bell (????).

Again, he should be rostered and who knows whats the future holds, but at least realize the hype is blind faith and opportunity.

I don't disagree with you at all. It is completely 100% blind faith, but opportunity is the key word here. All I'm looking for are guys that have a realistic expectation to touch the ball 15-20 times a game when they play, because I like to play a low risk strategy. Every one of these guys with a real potential for this opportunity should be owned, and by pure statistical chance I will start some of them over the course of the year. 

I'm less concerned with his college output because I trust the system that got him to the NFL as a #2 RB is not completely off target here, even if it is the Lions. That #2 and "expert consensus" is my proxy for your research, however poor. My main concern is I don't think anyone could run effectively for the Lions because they suck so bad on the line

Dwayne Washington has run much better behind the exact same line compared to Theo Riddick.  Riddick has predictably been totally abysmal as a between the tackles runner his whole career, but especially the last two games.  Now it may be true that the Detroit CS is one of the very most incompetent in the game, so they just might try to give Riddick 10-15 early down carries against the Eagles again this week.  If Riddick averages more than two yards per carry, I will actually be surprised.  Even Caldwell will probably have to see the light with one more Riddick faceplant and lost game.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Read the thread people.  Read the thread.

I just can't comprehend how some people think this works.

So many threads, people barge in and announce their question and leave when the information they seek has already been discussed within the past 24 hours. I wonder if they even come back to see if their question gets answered. 

Edited by Trifecta