Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

Did someone post this already:

 

 

The writer doesn't identify his source, but it appears that DWash does not believe he'll be out long, maybe not even this week.  

 

Still, he's a challenging hold given how uncertain his future is.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

How come the Rotoworld blurb says he didnt come back?

 

Wasn't watching.

6 hours ago, rasrar said:

Are people sure he came back?  Didn't watch the game, but haven't heard anything as such.

 

Haven't heard an update either.

Please see this

On 10/4/2016 at 1:57 AM, LeeVanCleef said:

I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens

 

 

Edited by LeeVanCleef
Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 4, 2016 at 1:57 AM, LeeVanCleef said:

I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens

 

still lol'ing at this post..especially the part that hes a rookie 7th round pick were making vids about 

Edited by WAGERKING
Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not this week.  Eagles have been tough to run on.  I am feeling a "Caldwell dials up 10 Riddick runs for -4 yards then gives up on the run" kind of game.  But for the rest of the season I prefer Washington over the other Lion backs and Howard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Another overhyped forum stiff 

Kind of tough to judge how good Washington is from a game where he got three carries for 12 yards, but the third carry is called back for holding and he injures his ankle and gets no more carries the rest of the game, although he does return to the game as hilariously demonstrated in this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

omg I have been watching it on silent all this time.  10x better with sound.

 

Hopefully we will see Washington at least get in some limited practices this week to make our decisions easier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

no 'street' talent signed yet is a very good sign - good thing Joique is with the Bears ...

Mike James signed to the practice squad on Monday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Mike James signed to the practice squad on Monday.

 

LOL!!!

 

He's got 1 great game in his career back in 2013...thats it.

Edited by Gryfter
Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't understand why ppl are even consider dropping him?!  would they drop a healthy Abdullah?!  he's pretty much in Abdullah's place, just had an unfortunate circumstance with the injury.  i'm sure he'll bounce back and provide good depth at RB

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Mike James signed to the practice squad on Monday.

I saw that but I am not sure how the practice squad works any more.  Seems like they are always changing the rules.  How difficult would it be to elevate a player from the practice squad onto the active 53?  When the Bears needed RB help, they signed Joique Bell but not to the practice squad... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

 

LOL!!!

 

He's got 1 great game in his career...thats it.

The concern is not that Mike James is good.  James is not.  The concern is that, by signing a street free agent running back, the Lions are signalling possible concern about Washington's health.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a lot of doubt a guy with sprained foot & ankle will finish a game. Ebron is a good example, they keep trotting him out, & he continues to leave games early. If you're  holding, the hope has to be he'll be a contributor in the 2nd half of the season, when hopefully he's feeling better.

Edited by Red Dog
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

 

LOL!!!

 

He's got 1 great game in his career back in 2013...thats it.

I think he was in a crowded backfield with the hammer/Bobby Rainey/Sims, and he had a few fumbles if I remember correctly. Besides, Lovie Smith was stubborn as a mule and I don't think he got the proper opportunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I saw that but I am not sure how the practice squad works any more.  Seems like they are always changing the rules.  How difficult would it be to elevate a player from the practice squad onto the active 53?  When the Bears needed RB help, they signed Joique Bell but not to the practice squad... 

He could very easy be active from the practice squad is my understanding. 

Dwayne Washington is still playing behind Theo and with an injury, it doesn't bode well for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The concern is not that Mike James is good.  James is not.  The concern is that, by signing a street free agent running back, the Lions are signalling possible concern about Washington's health.

 

Well no one is expecting Washington to play this week so he'll probably be "inactive". 

 

James is just another body.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

He could very easy be active from the practice squad is my understanding. 

Dwayne Washington is still playing behind Theo and with an injury, it doesn't bode well for him. 

I am MUCH more concerned about the injury than I am about Theo Riddick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

i don't understand why ppl are even consider dropping him?!  would they drop a healthy Abdullah?!  he's pretty much in Abdullah's place, just had an unfortunate circumstance with the injury.  i'm sure he'll bounce back and provide good depth at RB

 

He isn't Abdullah and he probably isn't any good. He plays for the Lions who barely run the ball as it is. He won't be getting 3rd down work with Riddick in the mix. He's not worth holding on to, the Lions are trash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

I am MUCH more concerned about the injury than I am about Theo Riddick.

Likewise because I can't hold a spot for 2 weeks on someone that hasn't proven anything. I need a reason to hold Washington's spot. 

I had to drop in a few leagues but hanging on in the deeper league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...