NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many question marks. Lions view Riddick as their #1 RB. They don't run well, don't run often. Bad defense means air it out on offense. Also he has an injury that can linger. Basically it's hoping for a TD. Goodbye sweet prince!

Washington has value as the handcuff of a fragile RB who gets a lot of volume.

Washington MAY have value (tbd) as a 10-rush, 2-catch, goal line guy with great measurables on a potent offense.  Like Latavius Murray at this point (sorry to say, to Latavius owners), startable at spots in a flex... MAYBE.  TBD.

Whether his value as a handcuff and potential value as a bye-week fill in together make him rosterable is questionable.  14 teams with a deep bench absolutely.  I'm in a 12 team league with only 5 bench spots and need a breakout RB2, so am considering the stash.  It's not as if he's completely irrelevant, though.

Safe to say the Zenner experiment will be coming to a conclusion.  Would not be shocked if Zenner gets cut in the event of a Forsett signing.  Forsett then slides in as the backup to Riddick and to Washington.  

Either way, Washington needs to get on the practice field and back into the game sooner rather than later.

Lions signed RB Justin Forsett.

The Lions' banged-up backfield needs a body, and Forsett was the best out there. Forsett limped to a 3.16 YPC before getting cut by the Ravens, but brings dual-threat experience to a backfield missing Ameer Abdullah and dealing with a gimpy Theo Riddick and Dwayne Washington. Riddick will be fine for Week 6, but Washington is less certain. Forsett figures to see immediate touches against the Rams, but will be well off the fantasy radar. He's not worth an add in 12-team leagues.

Thoughts?

Oc

My initial thought is that they're preparing for Abdullah to be out all year, and Washington to be gimpy for another week or 2.  Hard to roll with only 2 active RBs, on any given Sunday, and only 3 all year, I think.  Probably pure depth signing.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Lions signed RB Justin Forsett.

The Lions' banged-up backfield needs a body, and Forsett was the best out there. Forsett limped to a 3.16 YPC before getting cut by the Ravens, but brings dual-threat experience to a backfield missing Ameer Abdullah and dealing with a gimpy Theo Riddick and Dwayne Washington. Riddick will be fine for Week 6, but Washington is less certain. Forsett figures to see immediate touches against the Rams, but will be well off the fantasy radar. He's not worth an add in 12-team leagues.

Thoughts?

Oc

If Rotoworld says he's not worth an add, now's the time to grab him.

by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
(1 hr ago) Washington (ankle) is expected to return for Sunday's game against the Rams, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports.

Washington didn't practice last week and was listed as doubtful on the final injury report, ultimately leaving Zach Zenner to share backfield duties with Theo Riddick. TheLions' recent decision to sign Justin Forsett apparently isn't a negative sign regarding Washington's health, which may suggest that Zenner is in danger of losing his roster spot within the next few weeks. In any case, Washington will likely return to a timeshare with Riddick, health permitting. The rookie's practice status will still be worth monitoring in the lead up to Sunday's game.

When was the last time Lions full feature RB was fantasy option? I don't count riddick because he is more of a ppr asset and not true rb. Both Oakland and Lions Washingtons are either injury troubled or in huge mess timeshare and no sight of any chances to break out.

21 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

When was the last time Lions full feature RB was fantasy option? I don't count riddick because he is more of a ppr asset and not true rb. Both Oakland and Lions Washingtons are either injury troubled or in huge mess timeshare and no sight of any chances to break out.

I think Dwayne Washington does indeed have a chance to break out...

His second game back from his injury (if he returns this week) is home vs Washington which may be the game to use as a measuring stick...

Then he gets the Jags at home a few weeks later which could be another good one....

And finally his December matchups could produce a string of nice games..

I am holding him to see if he returns this weekend and plays enough to trust his health, then the Redskins game could be the first payoff for owning him...

If he splits too much work while healthy for the skins game I will start to lose faith that he will be relied upon enough to be useful...

The Rb landscape in fantasy is the typical mess and anyone I think may come on strong is a hold for me until I'm convinced it just wont happen...

6 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Joquie bell and Bush I think 

I still like Dwash moving foward and will try to get him in a week or 2 if i can. I dont think forsett will take much away, but since Dwash doesn't get much to begin with. It would still hurt his value abit.

Like others, the spot was needed from passing up on a few to many players the past few weeks. Like him moving foward still, but had to drop. GL all who were able to hold

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed
1 hour ago, Dizzy said:

Idk if to drop him or not. This has become a really crowded situation. 

I mean, kinda. I guess it depends on how you view it...

To me, this changes the "who" Dwayne is up against more than the "how many." When Ameer Abdullah got injured, we had two names (Dwayne Washington and Zach Zenner) and most flocked to Zenner. I think Zenner's gonna kinda get bumped off with this one. Now it's Washington and Forsett, Forsett is being integrated into the offense and Washington is being post-injury reintegrated into the offense. I don't think both will get too many carries, so now you're picking your guy again between two names.

I will say, Forsett scares me more than Zenner. I have to believe that to at least some extent the Lions convinced Forsett of a shot at playing time... considering his comments after leaving the Ravens. Forsett's also a fairly talented running back... 3.2 YPC this year, but 4.8 YPC over 764 career carries. A very underrated career for a guy who's kinda thrown into the JAG bin now a days. 

I'm holding but he's definitely my first drop now.

1 hour ago, taobball said:

Forsett's also a fairly talented running back... 3.2 YPC this year, but 4.8 YPC over 764 career carries. A very underrated career for a guy who's kinda thrown into the JAG bin now a days. 

Age turns every player to JAG at some point...don't be afraid to let go of what he use to do...2014 was a long time ago by NFL standards. He averaged 3.2ypc in a much better situation for a RB

Is Dwayne a good receiver though since everyone talking about PPR style. It seems riddick maybe hurt and they signed foster.... that tells u all u need to know about Dwayne or at least his health currently.