NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

16 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Is Dwayne a good receiver though since everyone talking about PPR style. It seems riddick maybe hurt and they signed foster.... that tells u all u need to know about Dwayne or at least his health currently.

He played wr in college and converetd to rb so he should be 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/11/2016 at 2:26 PM, Onyx said:

by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
(1 hr ago) Washington (ankle) is expected to return for Sunday's game against the Rams, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports.

Washington didn't practice last week and was listed as doubtful on the final injury report, ultimately leaving Zach Zenner to share backfield duties with Theo Riddick. TheLions' recent decision to sign Justin Forsett apparently isn't a negative sign regarding Washington's health, which may suggest that Zenner is in danger of losing his roster spot within the next few weeks. In any case, Washington will likely return to a timeshare with Riddick, health permitting. The rookie's practice status will still be worth monitoring in the lead up to Sunday's game.

I don't see any reports. Just a tweet from Birkett yesterday saying Washington would be back. But he didn't practice today so not sure how accurate that is. Regardless I have to hold onto him because there's nothing else out there better. If he can get healthy, there's plenty of opportunity.

Frustrated by the missed practice from Washington and the Forsett signing, but holding fast.  I liked Dave Birkett's report, although they have been wrong about some Dwayne Washington stuff recently.

Theo Riddick missed practice on Wednesday, too.  Hopefully Washington will practice today.

1 minute ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

Forsett himself said he had multiple teams wanting to sign him but he chose the Lions because he wants to play. Take that for what it's worth. 

Maybe he just looked up at the Lions depth chart and was not too impressed.  If Kubiak wanted Forsett in Denver, Forsett would have been 3rd string at best.

8 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

Window of opportunity is unfortunately closing on this guy...he neeeds to do something soon

He may actually play this week!

I used a lot of cash on this guy and he got hurt the same week. I really need him to do well so I can flip him for someone else. My 16 team league is so needy for RB's its crazy. He will still be on my bench even if he does play this week. He was more of a depth guy or trade chip for me. 

Good news: Lions play in the early games on Sunday so we'll know what's going on with this situation. But if Riddick is out, Washington will have a pretty solid role. Forsett just got to Detroit five minutes ago. He's only handling 15+ touches if Washington AND Riddick can't play.

16 minutes ago, Pat Patriot said:

Boom!

19 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

RB Dwayne Washington back at open portion of Lions practice today. Still no Riddick, Warford, Levy, Ebron or Ngata

With no Theo potentially, I wonder if this means Forsett plays the Theo role and Washington plays the non-Theo role.

And I also wonder if with Theo out all are worthless and Stafford just slings it 50 times.

5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

With no Theo potentially, I wonder if this means Forsett plays the Theo role and Washington plays the non-Theo role.

And I also wonder if with Theo out all are worthless and Stafford just slings it 50 times.

yes and yes IMO

That being said, on the small chance Washington does really well he could run with the job from here on out (while Riddick still plays the role he had last year). Might be worth the stash just to see what happens this week.

kid still has a bum wheel of his own, no?  do we know if it was a full or a limited practice?

nonetheless, bank on Theo sitting, that's pretty much a certainty here - which means Zenner will be active (and healthiest of the 'familiar' RBs)

16 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I would think that's how it would play out, hopefully this is a coming out party for the Dwayne Train. I don't see Forsett being nearly as effective in the Theo role so maybe they would lean on Dwayne more.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

kid still has a bum wheel of his own, no?  do we know if it was a full or a limited practice?

nonetheless, bank on Theo sitting, that's pretty much a certainty here - which means Zenner will be active (and healthiest of the 'familiar' RBs)

My thoughts exactly. This is a watch and see game regardless of Washington's role/status this week; unless you absolutely need to start him. He had some nice preseason game film, but none of that has translated to the regular season as of yet, reasons notwithstanding. Right now he's still a 7th round NFL draft pick with a fantasy hype train. If Riddick is out and Washington is active and healthy, then this is his prove-it game. But I don't even know how healthy he is.

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Dwayne Washington (foot/ankle) returned to practice Friday, but Theo Riddick (ankle) was held out.

It marks Riddick's third straight missed practice, jeopardizing his Week 6 availability against the Rams. Washington and Justin Forsett would split the Lions' backfield if Riddick were held out. Washington didn't play in Week 5, then missed Wednesday and Thursday's practices. Even with Riddick in major question, Washington's role and effectiveness are up in the air.
4 minutes ago, Pat Patriot said:

Dwayne Washington (foot/ankle) returned to practice Friday, but Theo Riddick (ankle) was held out.

It marks Riddick's third straight missed practice, jeopardizing his Week 6 availability against the Rams. Washington and Justin Forsett would split the Lions' backfield if Riddick were held out. Washington didn't play in Week 5, then missed Wednesday and Thursday's practices. Even with Riddick in major question, Washington's role and effectiveness are up in the air.

yeah, caught that blurb an hour ago, but it still doesn't specify DTrain's participation level ... so still no clarity here -