Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

as said in the Deandre Wash thread. Abort here as well i say.  Didn't practice at all until limited today + coming off Knee and foot issues previously. No thanks.  I'd run far far away from this Lions RB situation this week. I do think this guys' worth a stash though to see if he can get right

 

Respectfully disagree.  Situations are pretty different.  Also I don't recall any knee injuries?  Dwayne came back into the game after he hurt his ankle/foot, so it is not a serious or structural thing.  He had a get-recovered week last week.  Even if he's not 100%, a sore foot should not limit his effectiveness very much.  He's the early down rumbler with pass catching ability.  Justin Forsett is nothing more than a depth signing when they saw how awful Zenner was.  Washington will get every chance to prove himself this week and he has physical talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, suckmyforte said:

Washington is banged up. Forsett said he wants the carries and thats why he came to the Lions. I can see him getting the bulk here with Dwash with limited carries

 

Worth the stash but Forsett for this week

you would have to either have balls of steel or pure desperation to roll out Forsett but I'm sure in the FF world there is a need for every player somehow.

 

I can't imagine how dumbed down that offense would have to get for him to get the bulk of the carries

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlakeP42 said:

you would have to either have balls of steel or pure desperation to roll out Forsett but I'm sure in the FF world there is a need for every player somehow.

 

I can't imagine how dumbed down that offense would have to get for him to get the bulk of the carries

 

Its not that hard to pick up an offense as a running back compared to WR. Look at Rodgers when he replaced sims

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

Respectfully disagree.  Situations are pretty different.  Also I don't recall any knee injuries?  Dwayne came back into the game after he hurt his ankle/foot, so it is not a serious or structural thing.  He had a get-recovered week last week.  Even if he's not 100%, a sore foot should not limit his effectiveness very much.  He's the early down rumbler with pass catching ability.  Justin Forsett is nothing more than a depth signing when they saw how awful Zenner was.  Washington will get every chance to prove himself this week and he has physical talent.

good correction and i had it wrong, i thought i read knee and foot.  It was ankle and foot.  I guess thats a bit better :D

 

Good points on Washington, but it still doesn't give me any sort of confidence heading into Sunday to start him in any league unless its a desperate 12 team or 14 team roster.  He didn't practice all week until limited today correct?  I just haven't seen nearly enough from this kid to put my trust in it

 

Would you flex him? RB2?  How much are you willing to risk on him this week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, suckmyforte said:

 

Its not that hard to pick up an offense as a running back compared to WR. Look at Rodgers when he replaced sims

Rogers was previously familiar with the coach and the scheme. Slightly different 

 

Hey, if you want to start Forsett this week go for it. Its just my opinion that i don't recommend it, thats all

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

Rogers was previously familiar with the coach and the scheme. Slightly different 

 

Hey, if you want to start Forsett this week go for it. Its just my opinion that i don't recommend it, thats all

 

Desperate times man. I got Forset and Dwash as my only options

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, suckmyforte said:

 

Desperate times man. I got Forset and Dwash as my only options

then you got to shoot for the stars brother and good luck.   This time of year with bye's and injuries i understand.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

good correction and i had it wrong, i thought i read knee and foot.  It was ankle and foot.  I guess thats a bit better :D

 

Good points on Washington, but it still doesn't give me any sort of confidence heading into Sunday to start him in any league unless its a desperate 12 team or 14 team roster.  He didn't practice all week until limited today correct?  I just haven't seen nearly enough from this kid to put my trust in it

 

Would you flex him? RB2?  How much are you willing to risk on him this week?

 

I'm not starting him.  I don't know how much play he will get.  Maybe his foot is still sore and they will limit his touches.

 

Or maybe his foot is fine, and he gets 15-20 touches and looks impressive (especially running the ball).  Then he'll have played himself into a more prominent role moving forward.  Same reason I stashed DeAndre Washington last week -- he's a rookie with great ability and finally got his opportunity.  DeAndre didn't take advantage of the opportunity, so I dropped him.  Now Dwayne has opportunity.  Pick up and stash a guy before he breaks out, or else you'll miss out.  Just another cheap lotto ticket IMO.

 

The fact that Dwayne was back in the CHI game after he got hurt makes me feel better about his workload this week.  Can't be a serious injury.  If it was turf toe or a high ankle sprain and he was being rushed back early, I'd be very pessimistic about his ability to breakout with a big performance.  But I'm guessing he's healthy.  I know he's talented.  TBD if he gets the opportunity, and cashes it in.  Worth a look -- RB is valuable in this offense despite the perception.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

I'm not starting him.  I don't know how much play he will get.  Maybe his foot is still sore and they will limit his touches.

 

Or maybe his foot is fine, and he gets 15-20 touches and looks impressive (especially running the ball).  Then he'll have played himself into a more prominent role moving forward.  Same reason I stashed DeAndre Washington last week -- he's a rookie with great ability and finally got his opportunity.  DeAndre didn't take advantage of the opportunity, so I dropped him.  Now Dwayne has opportunity.  Pick up and stash a guy before he breaks out, or else you'll miss out.  Just another cheap lotto ticket IMO.

 

The fact that Dwayne was back in the CHI game after he got hurt makes me feel better about his workload this week.  Can't be a serious injury.  If it was turf toe or a high ankle sprain and he was being rushed back early, I'd be very pessimistic about his ability to breakout with a big performance.  But I'm guessing he's healthy.  I know he's talented.  TBD if he gets the opportunity, and cashes it in.  Worth a look -- RB is valuable in this offense despite the perception.

i agree i think he's worth  holding or stashing as a wait and see.  My "abort" was for guys thinking of rolling this guy out this week.  His lack of practice participation all week is concerning i think.  I thought your abort comment towards Deandre was talking about this week as well with Murray out.  I think both Dwayne and Deandre are worth holding, but both for me seem like a risky start 

 

 I'd have to wait and see what Dwyane looks like this week before i insert him in my roster unless I'm really desperate for an RB that might get some touches or GL work.   I have Dwayne on my bench in three leagues so I'm with ya here. I just don't recommend running him out there in line ups this week unless you honestly have to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

guy is a bye week drop on both my 12 man waivers.  .all I want to know is he the stash detroit rb  to own going forward?

 

Let us know when you find the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Mike James on practice squad. If C D Wash cant go, or they are concerned, they would bring him up...no movement.

 

C D Wash is a go for now.

 

ftfy

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ozark said:

Riddick DNP all week...Lions sign Forsett, he could be looking at a high ankle sprain. General Washington could have serious bell cow volume if he shows well.

 

I am worried it is a high ankle sprain, so I moved Riddick to my IR spot now that he is marked Out on Yahoo and picked up Washington. Not starting him but definitely insurance if Riddick is out multiple weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't underestimate Forsett! The way this Lions offense is set up, they will use him more often than you think. Basically he's a perfect fit for them. He is a good pass protector and excellent receiver, but lacks the power to run between the tackles. Very similar to Riddick. A smart veteran who has been in all kind of systems, he will pick it up quickly.

 

If you trust the Lions OL to dominate a possibly depleted Rams DL, fire up D-Wash. If you think it will be a game where Stafford chucks it 40+ times, fire up Forsett.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Don't underestimate Forsett! The way this Lions offense is set up, they will use him more often than you think. Basically he's a perfect fit for them. He is a good pass protector and excellent receiver, but lacks the power to run between the tackles. Very similar to Riddick. A smart veteran who has been in all kind of systems, he will pick it up quickly.

 

If you trust the Lions OL to dominate a possibly depleted Rams DL, fire up D-Wash. If you think it will be a game where Stafford chucks it 40+ times, fire up Forsett.

I think it was a smart depth signing, however I don't expect him to contribute like riddick. he might be a COP back, but if he couldn't make it in a trestman/mornhinweg offense, I dont see him juicing it up in a cooter offense. Lions need a run game, washington should deliver

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...