Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

What a turn of events, from a strong showing against GB (if you don't think 10 for 38 against them in practically his debut was a success you likely haven't seen what they've done to every other back) and disastrous timing on an injury, to ANOTHER shot at seizing the early down workhorse role (no Riddick 10 rushes for 1 ypc before he gets his chance to get meaningful work). Do people forget Forsett is turning 31 today? Happy birthday Justin! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot say one way or another about Forsett. What I will say is if Dwayne is healthy enough to play that the ball is in his court. Now if he can slam dunk it like jordan howard is doing we'll have something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

All the hype for this guy when Riddick was healthy. None now with Riddick out? He was suppose to be this years DJ lol. DO you guys really think Bum a $$ Forsett just comes in and produces? 

 

Nobody really knows how healthy Washington is though. He only practiced once this week and it wasn't even full participation from what I understand. He has to be active AND healthy to be a decent start this week. I know Forsett is a veteran and the RB position is apparently "easier" to learn, but a Forsett breakout or even productive game seem unlikely. He didn't produce much for the Ravens; 31 carries and doesn't even have 100 yards on the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dabeesta17 said:

 

Nobody really knows how healthy Washington is though. He only practiced once this week and it wasn't even full participation from what I understand. He has to be active AND healthy to be a decent start this week. I know Forsett is a veteran and the RB position is apparently "easier" to learn, but a Forsett breakout or even productive game seem unlikely. He didn't produce much for the Ravens; 31 carries and doesn't even have 100 yards on the season.

Right. Forsett is still available in my league and I have zero interest. Forsett done!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Even if he gets the start this week. What's his long term value with riddick and forsett still there in the mix? 

Long term value? Well if he can take the job and run with it a starter for another three years while Riddick does what he does best 3rd down guy while giving washington an additional breather once in awhile. ..Forsett just depth....while we say what a beast he is...if he can't run away with the job then waiver wire fodder...we never speak of again...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

All the hype for this guy when Riddick was healthy. None now with Riddick out? He was suppose to be this years DJ lol. DO you guys really think Bum a $$ Forsett just comes in and produces? 

There's really no reason to think or speculate. Just pick him up and see what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yanksman said:

There's really no reason to think or speculate. Just pick him up and see what happens.

 

Well if you're weighing dropping someone of similar value there's all the reason in the world to think or speculate. I doubt many are in the practice of having random junk on their roster they can just cast aside on a lark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

 

Well if you're weighing dropping someone of similar value there's all the reason in the world to think or speculate. I doubt many are in the practice of having random junk on their roster they can just cast aside on a lark.

I doubt most people's rosters don't have one or two players they have no issues dropping. If your roster is so stacked then I agree but no business being in this thread then. He is clearly just a speculative add now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I doubt most people's rosters don't have one or two players they have no issues dropping. If your roster is so stacked then I agree but no business being in this thread then. He is clearly just a speculative add now.

 

Just doing my due diligence - one of my favorite parts of the game ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to believe a player who was signed three days ago will get significant snap over a guy who has been with the team since the summer.  Also Washington is young, fast and agile, while Forsett is demonstrably broke down.  Giddyup!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

Its tempting but last week a TV doctor said he believed Washington would be out multiple weeks with a high-ankle sprain. The fact he couldn't practice fully this week means he stays on benches.

 

 

 

agreed that the kid's a very dodgy option this week ... would not wanna chance it

 

that being said, as a Theo owner in multiple leagues, gotta say i'm quite concerned about Riddick's injury - to be declared out on Friday/Forsett signing - no bueno.

 

DTrain gotta be scooped and stashed, but no way in hell started

 

Image result for my 2 cents

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scooped and stashed...that's the only way to play it this week.  Seems like this will be his shot.  I just can't bank on coaches to simply hand the rock to a guy they just signed.  No way he's up to speed on the playbook.  Cmon Dwash...take it and run with away with the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites

More shocking things have happened, but I gotta think washington gets a couple runs this week forsett may get some too...just want washingtons carries to be longer and better....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hard1 said:

More shocking things have happened, but I gotta think washington gets a couple runs this week forsett may get some too...just want washingtons carries to be longer and better....

And into the endzone!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...