NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BrokeLoser said:

I've decided that anyone starting this guy this week must push their balls around in a wheelbarrow.

Just call me Randy then...

imgres.jpg

I'm in a deep league with limited options though -- other leagues clearly a wait and see approach. 

Edited by Spina

I'm down big after Thursday night's stinker.  I need to roll the dice on a potential 40+ yard TD run.  Dwayne's the man I am going with in the flex.  Rams are missing a lot of guys...

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I'm down big after Thursday night's stinker.  I need to roll the dice on a potential 40+ yard TD run.  Dwayne's the man I am going with in the flex.  Rams are missing a lot of guys...

There really only missing only a cornerback so far. Three other defensive lineman were limited on Friday so check the inactive list.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

There really only missing only a cornerback so far. Three other defensive lineman were limited on Friday so check the inactive list.

Hopefully they sit, even if they don't, they won't be 100%...but then again neither will D-Wash. Shoot out between Stafford and Keenum should be a real doozy!

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

zenner is Zenner, Theo is hurt, Forsett sucks ... if he was healthy I think this guy would be a "must add" by a lot more people

Yeah, I agree. I am considering going without a Jordan Reed replacement to keep Dwayne on the roster. He will have time to heal up and you really want a guy line this to take over the reigns by week 8 or 9 or after his bye.

On NFL.com, Forsett has 9,248 recent adds and is now just under 60% owned.  Dwayne train is sitting at 1.7% owned with 1,384 recent adds. 

Could this many people be wrong?  :ph34r:

*adds Dwayne Washington for 2nd time this season*

3 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

On NFL.com, Forsett has 9,248 recent adds and is now just under 60% owned.  Dwayne train is sitting at 1.7% owned with 1,384 recent adds. 

I'm sure that would definitely skew the opposite way had DTrain got in more than just one limited practice on his bum wheel

???

forsett may be the better week 6 add, washington is the back to own going forward

forsett is garbage and the only reason washington isn't getting any more hype is recency bias ... he's still the freak athlete that fared pretty well vs a dominant defense before going down. he's on the way back ... long term, the add is washington and i don't think thats even debatable. 

Bum wheels have a habit of going flat. Forsett is being added because he will be the feature RB this week for Detroit. He'll play the Riddick role (albeit smaller) and Washington will spell him for a blow.

Washington is still trying to learn the nuances of the game, and is still very raw. Agree he's a better long term add than Forsett.

Edited by Red Dog

I'm rooting for D-Wash to impress this week. It's a huge opportunity with Riddick out and not doing very well in terms of rushing. If D-Wash shows he can pound it against the Rams, Riddick will go back to what he does best, which is catching passes. Win-Win. Both would be great weekly flex options with RB2 upside.

20 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Bum wheels have a habit of going flat. Forsett is being added because he will be the feature RB this week for Detroit. He'll play the Riddick role (albeit smaller) and Washington will spell him for a blow.

Washington is still trying to learn the nuances of the game, and is still very raw. Agree he's a better long term add than Forsett.

Referring to Forsett as "the feature back" is a bit of a stretch. He most certainly will not be "featured", and the Riddick role is not one that can be learned in one week. He's a desperation substitute for Detroit. They'll be happy if he can provide some semblance of a running game, and that's only if Washington can't go. If Washington can play, Forsett will be used to give him a breather and catch a couple passes.

The most likely scenario is that neither Washington or Forsett will likely do much as Stafford throws 50 times.

1 minute ago, TTRA1N said:

Have they named the starter yet?

This is Detroit.  Let's see if Dwayne Washington is even active this week first.  It seems unlikely that Detroit will ever name a "starter."

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

Thanks.  Now we know what percentage of people playing on NFL.com are novices (60%) and what percentage are sharps (1.7%).  Seems just about right.

Bottomline no matter how you try and slice it and dress it up:

Forsett 2014 (breakout year): 5.4 yards/carry

Forsett 2015: 4.2 yards/carry

Forsett 2016: 3.2 yards/carry and cut by the Ravens

He also just turned 31. A healthy, active Washington will get a decent workload, but its the HEALTHY part that is concerning and unknown.

Owned Abdullah and now own washington. I do not own forsett. 

I honestly dont understand this over the top hype at all. Washington is pretty talented player, i can agree with that. But the lions are absolutely idiotic. They'll give forsett more touches than washington this week.

25 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Thanks.  Now we know what percentage of people playing on NFL.com are novices (60%) and what percentage are sharps (1.7%).  Seems just about right.

Thats what I was getting at.

Also I'm assuming his ownership is propped up by inactive leagues where he was never dropped despite being cut by the Ravens.