NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

Sometimes it's hard to tell how much irony is being used here in relation to actual fantasy relevance. Is this just like a fun hype train thing or does anyone think he has a real chance to make a difference? The Lions don't run the ball that much and Riddick is pretty similar to Abdullah. It doesn't feel like this team needs a big back. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets temper the expectations and remain calm rather than blow up the thread with 40+ pages of "so happy I was able to snag him this morning! Let the good times roll!"  We did it last year with Zenner and look where that got us.  Let Washington prove it on the field then we can come on here and rejoice.  Until then lets all take a deep breath and keep our fingers crossed.  

6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I like him but lets temper expectations here. The team does not run a lot, Riddick will get more snaps and is the passing down back. I can see many lines of 12-40 for Washington and a chance of a TD. He definitely needs to be scooped up though. Ya never do know.

They don't run much because they haven't had an effective runner in years which is why they draft a new RB almost every year. It's not like they want to be 32nd in rushing yards per game like last year with 83.4 or 24th in the league going for 88.9 like they were in 2014. 

10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Lions could bring Abdullah back later this year because of the ir rule changes, correct?

Yes they could literally bring him back next week under the new IR rule which doesn't require the designation to return anymore, it's now on team discretion 

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins
1 minute ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

They don't run much because they haven't had an effective runner in years which is why they draft a new RB almost every year. It's not like they want to be 32nd in rushing yards per game like last year with 83.4 or 24th going for 88.9 in 2014. 

Yes they could literally bring him back next week under the new IR rule which doesn't require the designation to return anymore, it's now on team discretion 

IR designated to return players are out until week 9 at the earliest, I believe.  That's why Dallas did not put Romo on I R., because they hope to have him back before that.

2 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

They don't run much because they haven't had an effective runner in years which is why they draft a new RB almost every year. It's not like they want to be 32nd in rushing yards per game like last year with 83.4 or 24th going for 88.9 in 2014. 

AA had a YPC of 5.6 this year.

So the earliest Abdullah could come back is week 11? And that's assuming he wasn't placed on season ending IR.

Hes gonna take the workhorse role. Riddick is a horrible runner. So with Dwayne, we're getting a 2 down back with goalline touches.

Here is the good news. Abdullah's value was lowered due to not getting the GL carries. This guy will now likely take Abdullah's early down between the 20s role and there really no reason he won't continue to get the goal line work.  Now you'd expect Theo to get a bump in work as well, meaning this guy won't get all of Abdullah's share, but the GL carries make up for it. 

Just now, jeffnsee said:

So the earliest Abdullah could come back is week 11? And that's assuming he wasn't placed on season ending IR.

Hes gonna take the workhorse role. Riddick is a horrible runner. So with Dwayne, we're getting a 2 down back with goalline touches.

On a pretty potent offense. WW gold with RB being a fantasy wasteland.

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

how adbullah's 10-12 touches per game are split up will be interesting ... i don't think riddick is built for much more than he's already getting

this year's david johnson ? 

Riddick, while a great niche back, is not an everydown back. If they increase his usage, he's going to get injured trying to run in between the tackles. That's also not his Forte. He is best in space, best used exactly the way they use him now.

The beauty of Washington is that as a former WR, he has the skills to replicate Riddick on the outside but he also has the physical components to run inside and get those yards that Riddick cannot do.

HYPE TRAIN FULL FORCE GO!

Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

8-12 touches is tough to trust. Worth an end of the bench stash but I'd be shocked if he stumbles into fantasy relevance. 

Prepare to be shocked...shocked I say.