NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington practicing, especially if in full, and Riddick not practicing would be about the perfect scenario for today.  Tomorrow is another day.

Washington's limited practice didn't do the trick for the Lions CS last week.  I think Dwayne needs to record a full practice or two before Caldwell will let him play this Sunday.

Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com believes Dwayne Washington (ankle) will "get a nice workload" if Theo Riddick (ankle) sits again this week.

Both Riddick and Washington were out last week, but Washington is expected back after getting in a limited practice Wednesday. Riddick was not able to practice. Justin Forsett should start to take on a bigger role as he becomes more comfortable in the offense, and Zach Zenner showed enough last week to retain some snaps as well. This is shaping up as a situation to avoid if possible.

1da.jpg
2 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

What is the consensus thus far? Waiver fodder or pick up?

Trying to determine if my underperforming starting RB in a crowded backfield should be dropped for this lottery ticket.

I picked him back up for the third time as an end of bench guy since there's still potential there. But not starting until I see it. Right now he's just hype.

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

Dwayne Washington (ankle) will "get a nice workload" if Theo Riddick (ankle) sits again this week.

This is shaping up as a situation to avoid if possible.

Xmf2oquRCJvI4.gif

Dwayne Washington (ankle) will "get a nice workload" if Theo Riddick (ankle) sits again this week.

This is shaping up as a situation to avoid if possible.

34 minutes ago, b_23 said:

Xmf2oquRCJvI4.gif

Please note, the part about "situation to avoid" is the rotoworld spin. Which means it is literally meaningless.

Prolific offense? Check

#1 back on IR and de-facto #1 still not practicing? Check

Offense that uses the RB in passing game. Former WR. Check.

I've added him in every league and have more faith in him than a lot of these WW fools gold players.

16 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Any news today?

Sounds like good news from local reporters but no official word.

" Eric Ebron, Theo Riddick, Haloti Ngata and DeAndre Levy missed another Detroit Lions practice on Friday, and all four starters are expected to miss Sunday's game against Washington.... But the good news is while Riddick won't play Sunday, Washington should after practicing all week"

"With Zach Zenner and Justin Forsett the only other tailbacks healthy, Washington figures to see a lot of action in his return. "

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/10/lions_rb_dwayne_washington_exp.html

Edited by lakerforlife42