NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Washington's upside this week.

With Zenner and Forsett being his only competition this week, I am fairly confident that this is his chance to breakout and become the three down back he is capable of becoming.

Washington Redskins are giving up 28 fantasy points per game to RB's in ppr. 19.33 are rushing points.

8 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Detroit Lions' Friday practice participation, period open to media: No Riddick, Levy, Ngata, Ebron, Corey Robinson,

@MikeOHaraNFL How's Washington looking?

@KHMakerD looks like he'll play.

Riddick's potential absence makes DWash a big-time person of interest.  Has the passing down chops to dominate the snaps in this juicy match-up.  

5 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

You could argue DWash is a better play this week (with Riddick absent) than Ty was.  On par with Jacquizz Rodgers, IMO.

Finally, a good week for previously marinating fliers.

I would be weary about locking him in until we hear that he'll get majority work / start / won't be limited, even if Riddick is out.

Dont want to be walking into a Zenner / Wash / Forsett party.

Edited by yahyahtrick

I own him on all my teams, but I wouldn't say a better play this week than Quizz.

Better talent and long term potential, for sure.

But still too many unknowns with DWash, quizz OTOH is undoubtedly getting a ton of carries this week against a God awful run defense, and 100% healthy.

Every time I've seen Zenner play, he's looked absolutely amazing. I'm not sure why the coaching staff seemed to want DWash to play over him earlier this year, and I'm not sure they still want that either.

I missed out on Zenner this week and just picked up DWash, and I just don't think we can possibly predict who's getting more work this week.

Washington will start, and look good, but not great. Maybe 12/55. Forsett will get passing downs and do nothing with them. Zenner will get a goal line TD.

Then we'll gather back here to surmise how awesome Washington could be if he was 100% and getting all the work. 

Then Riddick will return bringing us back to square one, just before a 4 week stretch that includes MIN twice and a bye, leaving us with zero clarity heading into week 13 @NO. 

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Washington will start, and look good, but not great. Maybe 12/55. Forsett will get passing downs and do nothing with them. Zenner will get a goal line TD.

Then we'll gather back here to surmise how awesome Washington could be if he was 100% and getting all the work. 

Then Riddick will return bringing us back to square one, just before a 4 week stretch that includes MIN twice and a bye, leaving us with zero clarity heading into week 13 @NO. 

HILLARIOUS !!!! And true!

7 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

So god damn true. Lmao

10 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

This makes me want to drop DWash right now lol 

12 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

let's not forget the kid has (had?) a tendency to put the ball on the carpet ... now, imagine that rears it's ugly head ??

24 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

let's not forget the kid has (had?) a tendency to put the ball on the carpet ... now, imagine that rears it's ugly head ??

Of course.

With under a minute left on the clock and nursing a two point lead, Washington will galiantly rip off his longest run of the  game, but will allow the ball to be stripped at mid-field while unnecessarily fighting for additional yardage, leading to a game losing field goal as time expires.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
5 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Of course.

With under a minute left on the clock and a two point lead, Washington will galiantly rip off his longest run of the  game, but will allow the ball to he stripped while unnecessarily fighting for additional yardage, leading to a game losing field goal as time expires.

freakin' epic extrapolation of the doomsday scenario - well played ?

1 hour ago, yahyahtrick said:

I would be weary about locking him in until we hear that he'll get majority work / start / won't be limited, even if Riddick is out.

Dont want to be walking into a Zenner / Wash / Forsett party.

"Weary" means tired.  The word you are looking for is "wary," meaning doubtful, approaching cautiously, suspicious and slow to trust.  Another word is "leery," or reluctant.  Definitely not "weary."

And while you will be holding back because you are wary, or leery, of starting Washington, some of us will be heading to the bank to collect that big bundle of cash, yards and touchdowns as our first payment on that RB1 savior we have acquired.

26 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

"Weary" means tired.  The word you are looking for is "wary," meaning doubtful, approaching cautiously, suspicious and slow to trust.  Another word is "leery," or reluctant.  Definitely not "weary."

And while you will be holding back because you are wary, or leery, of starting Washington, some of us will be heading to the bank to collect that big bundle of cash, yards and touchdowns as our first payment on that RB1 savior we have acquired.

Our resident grammar police strikes again. I try to correct / edit all mistakes but being on mobile 99% of the time I'm on here, auto correct can be a motha sometimes. 

Man, you really go hard for the WW lotto tickets you pick up. This time we both have the same guy, but once again, I'm not nearly as optimistic about him as you are.

My philosophy is, why load up with 2 or 3 RB4s for depth?  Grab 5-6 guys who could become RB1s if they hit, then sit back and watch the fireworks if one of them does...