NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

I'm actually on board with Washington's talent and ability, I just don't trust Caldwell and Co. to give him bell cow carries after an injury.

From what we know currently, he hasn't even practiced in full yet. Plus Caldwell always seemed to have a soft spot for Zenner.

Edited by yahyahtrick
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the matchup is right this week, I will need to see it from Dwayne before I deploy him into my lineup.  I lost Shady and Lacy this week, but I'm gonna put my faith in Booker ahead of Dwayne.  I think the possibility of Zenner stealing a majority of the touches is too great to risk it.  I think the talent is there, but I don't think he will take over this back field in his first week back from injury.  

Here is how this very well could play out:

1. D wash is picked up and due to the uncertainty of the splits is placed on the fantasy manager's bench.

2. D Wash has a great game and is the "fantasy darling"

3. Roddick returns next week  You start D Wash and get a terrible game  as dumb coaching institutes a 4 way committee severely caping D Wash's upside.

4. You are forced to waive him due to bye week needs.

Sound familiar?

Too many mouths to feed in this backfield

Poor local reporting provides little to no info on the coaches intention

D Wash still has not practiced fully and shown any actual performance in a "real" game

Edited by mar1kle
2 hours ago, yahyahtrick said:

I'm actually on board with Washington's talent and ability, I just don't trust Caldwell and Co. to give him bell cow carries after an injury.

From what we know currently, he hasn't even practiced in full yet. Plus Caldwell always seemed to have a soft spot for Zenner.

He wasn't even a bell cow in college, why is he suddenly at a higher level?

4 minutes ago, omgwtfmate said:

Another factor to consider long-term is whether Ameer Abdullah returns in time for fantasy playoffs. Lions and Caldwell are deliberately opaque about injuries too so it is impossible to decipher. 

Abdullah is almost certainly out for the year.  But I hate Roger's new rule this year that a team can put a guy on I.R. and not announce whether they are designated to return or not.  That gives coaches like Caldwell, Fox and Belichick, who love to jerk us around with vague injury info, even more tools to keep us in the dark.

This is the Redskins we're talking about folks.  There are only a few run Ds that are worse.  If DWash can get rolling early (very feasible), maybe Zenner and Forsett remain spectators.  More to the point, if there is destined to be some big plays from the Detroit backfield in this game, are you betting they come from Zenner or Forsett?   Not me.

Is DWash still a bit of a long shot?  Sure.  If healthy though, these are the best circumstances yet for a breakout.

I'm still stashing him in some deeper leagues, but there is no way I'll roll the dice this week. This backfield is too murky and I need Dwayne to have a complete game before I trust him even as a desperation flex play.

39 minutes ago, Naboo said:

I'm still stashing him in some deeper leagues, but there is no way I'll roll the dice this week. This backfield is too murky and I need Dwayne to have a complete game before I trust him even as a desperation flex play.

That's fair.  The limited in practice thing has me concerned.

I don't know that I would start him this week but this could be a great preemptive pickup in case he does well against that terrible run d and earns a bigger role going forward. 

On 10/19/2016 at 8:40 AM, TraderJoe said:

is it in the cards this week?  Washington, the rookie out of Washington going against Washington?

Its cool seeing the Washington Huskies 7-0. Can't remember them being relevant since the Mark Brunell days.

Decided to drop Knile for him since I have to drop someone for a kicker at some point tomorrow anyway - I think there's a chance that he shows well tomorrow. I know Yahoo projections are whatever, but Yahoo has him at 10.05 points in my 0.5 ppr league.

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:
MINOR

“#Lions won't get back RB Dwayne Washington (ankle) today vs. the #Redskins, I'm told. He'll need a little more time to get right.”

Makes sense.  That limited practice thing...

Dwayne "Muscle Guinea Pig" Washington may watch B.Rabbit-Zenner run away with lead back doodies in the D if he doesn't drag his legs into a game soon...

Martin, Gordon, and Dwayne all Thiiiiiiis close to returning only to be bench bound once again on my team...

Fantasy is a hell of a drug.....