NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Washington 2016 Season Outlook

And the Lions running game is so consistent...its been awful all season long...and the Giants defense is such a cupcake...after all Dak and Zeek gashed 'em for 7 points last week...and Washington is so talented and experienced, that, yes, why not throw away your fantasy championship prospects on him?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Gryfter said:

People already forgot he was being touted as this year's 2015 David Johnson???

Yea I remember. I remember telling everyone that he was not going to be fantasy relevant and going back and forth for about 10 pages explaining why. Now is his only chance to be fantasy relevant now that Theo and Zenner are out of the picture.  

2 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

@TTRA1N sorry, not trying to get into a pissing contest, I just don't understand where the HR threat thing is coming from.  I've seen every snap he's played this year and yes he has good chunk play ability but he's not out here burning safeties.  He's definitely fast for his size but a good comp would be a poor-man's AP IMO

Maybe watch his preseason kickoff return for 96 yards? Home run threat isn't just your 40 time but also your burst. How quickly you push through a hole and that can be seen. 

And you say he doesn't have that HR threat ability but didn't Gurley have that last year with a bunch of huge plays? Now this year his longest run is 24 yards. 

And look at the teams Dwayne has faced. TEN/GB/CHI first three games who had really good dlines beginning of season. Then coming back from injury being limited a good amount; MIN twice JAX, CHI (whose def has been pretty solid lately and NO two weeks ago. He hasn't played any easy defenses yet and NYG won't be easy either.  

31 minutes ago, Ol Blues said:

And the Lions running game is so consistent...its been awful all season long...and the Giants defense is such a cupcake...after all Dak and Zeek gashed 'em for 7 points last week...and Washington is so talented and experienced, that, yes, why not throw away your fantasy championship prospects on him?

Because Dwayne might be getting 95% of the snaps in this offense next week. Just like how Farrow did last week. 

@boltup15 I referenced that kickoff return just a page ago, and I will say it again - it is that play alone that has people thinking he's a home run threat.  He's fast, but he's not any more a home run threat than 60-70% of NFL RBs

if the Lions are to pull this tough one out on the road, then this kid and Ebron are gonna need to have big games exploiting the weaknesses in the Jints defense ... a very tough task, but, to quote Rocco in GFII (in regards to kiling Hyman Roth): "difficult ... but not impossible"

and, fwiw, i think that if both Riddick and Zenner sit, then this kid's a better play than the likes of JHill and Muscle Hammy ?

gl to all, however ya play it ✌

19 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

@boltup15 I referenced that kickoff return just a page ago, and I will say it again - it is that play alone that has people thinking he's a home run threat.  He's fast, but he's not any more a home run threat than 60-70% of NFL RBs

No it's based off his size adjusted speed, his burst, and his college tape which is basically a highlight reel of him making huge plays.

However Dwayne is no Abdullah when it comes to skill. 

Edited by boltup15
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

well, this all but confirms Riddick will sit this Sunday ... no mention of ZZ 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/809798956070879232

Looks like riddick is highly doubtful and zenner is 50/50 imo

looks like people here are confident in Washington with both guys out but if zenner plays people will bench Washington ?

Fantasy points allowed to RB's by the Giants D in recent weeks (per Yahoo in a .5 PPR league): https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/381316/pointsagainst?pos=RB&season=2016&ntid=19

Week 14 (Dallas): 10.70

Week 13 (Pittsburgh): 21.70

Week 12 (Cleveland): 19.85

Week 11 (Chicago): 23.70

Week 10 (Cincinnati): 17.20

Week 9 (Philly): 28.70

9 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Except he isn't Le'veon Bell or Jordan Howard. Thats philly game was basically the one good game Ryan Matthews had this season. The Crowell TD was a cheap 1 yard plunge if I recall 

all this is in favor for Washington. we aren't expecting 20+, but a heavy volume 13 pointer if we play him. any TD with 20 touches ensures a solid game and he has as good a shot at a TD as any player off waivers (if Zenner is out, if Zenner plays I don't think I can play him)

I will forewarn that the Lions play-calling is IMO atrocious at the GL.  They will regularly come out in the shotgun with 3 WR from 1st and goal from the 5 or less.  It's mind boggling.

As much as I want to start Washington this week (with Moncrief out), I'd rather start JJ Nelson. Washington has had several games with double-digit touches and seems to get worse the more work he gets. Plus the Lions just don't seem committed to the run at all. Hope he gets something done this week for keeper purposes, but I can't put him in there, even in a 16-team league.

12 minutes ago, hines said:

all this is in favor for Washington. we aren't expecting 20+, but a heavy volume 13 pointer if we play him. any TD with 20 touches ensures a solid game and he has as good a shot at a TD as any player off waivers (if Zenner is out, if Zenner plays I don't think I can play him)

That was pretty much what I was getting at with posting the stats...

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Except he isn't Le'veon Bell or Jordan Howard. Thats philly game was basically the one good game Ryan Matthews had this season. The Crowell TD was a cheap 1 yard plunge if I recall 

I'll take cheap TD's 

Riddick doubtful; Zenner questionable. Its going to be so tough to bench a guy with 20 touch upside. I've seen nothing to believe Washington will take advantage of this opportunity all season though. Anybody want to talk me into it?

24 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

Riddick doubtful; Zenner questionable. Its going to be so tough to bench a guy with 20 touch upside. I've seen nothing to believe Washington will take advantage of this opportunity all season though. Anybody want to talk me into it?

I agree he's shown nothing during the season...all faith is based on college pre-season highlights and now opportunity with Stafford banged up he may get the most totes he's ever gotten. It'd be a christmas miracle if he capitalizes. So are we full of hope? 

Edited by hard1
18 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I agree he's shown nothing during the season...all faith is based on college pre-season highlights and now opportunity with Stafford banged up he may get the most totes he's ever gotten. It'd be a christmas miracle if he capitalizes. So our we full of hope? 

13 carries for 6 yards (that's not a typo) against the atrocious Jaguars. 16/64/0 against the Bears below average defense is his best performance of the year thus far. Sunday is December 18...too early for a Christmas miracle. Maybe if it was Week 16 (December 25), that might have swayed me. But for now, its JJ Nelson. But @hard1, please post any inspiring info you come across in the next 24-36 hours.

Edited by dabeesta17

I may pick him up to block my opponent from grabbing him.  He currently has Asiata starting with Gilli as his only other option on the bench.  With reports of AP playing this week, one would think Asiata's value takes somewhat of a hit.  Would that be Bush league??