NBC Sports Edge Forums

16-T PPR Draft: Thomas D. Johnson

Spina

If you clicked this you're probably asking, "Who the hell is Thomas D. Johnson??"

You'll see in a second....

Let me know what you think? My strengths/weaknesses...whatever....wasn't feeling it at all when I left the draft.

It's grown on me.

3rd Pick of 16 (PPR): David Johnson

QB: Cam Newton

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Corey Coleman

WR: Michael Thomas

RB: David Johnson

RB: Duke Johnson, Jr.

TE: Julius Thomas

FX: Chris Ivory

D: NY Jets

Bench: Will Fuller, Braxton Miller, Ted Ginn, Jr., Jared Cook, Chris Johnson, Tyler Gaffney, Khiry Robinson

- David Johnson was the easy pick for me at 3 in a PPR -- like everyone else, think he's about to have a monster.

- Was praying Demaryius Thomas made it all the way back to me in the 2nd as the 17th(!) WR off the board -- he's criminally undervalued coming off a "bad year" with 105 receptions and over 1300yds. The QB situation in Denver was awful later year too. He'll put up his numbers. Probably better.

- Aaron Rodgers was my pick on the turn in the 3rd but was taken right before me -- "settled" for Cam Newton. Initially was disappointed but it's grown on me. He'll be fun to watch and root for. I refuse to Dab though.

- In PPR I'm a believer in the breakout of Duke Johnson -- he'll catch 60-70 balls, with increased carries and a chance to be the true featured back in Cleveland. As my RB2 in a PPR I was happy to have him.

- Loved Julius Thomas' value this year -- think he gets back to, or close to the 10 TD-level this year. That offense should be pretty good.

- Being a season-ticket-holder for the Jets and an obvious homer, I had to have Chris Ivory for what his value was -- love watching his bruising style. He'll score a ton of TDs and will prove to be a steal. As my Flex in a 16-Team? Sign me up.

- I have four rookies and Ted Ginn, Jr. fighting for my WR2/WR3 spots: Corey Coleman, Michael Thomas, Will Fuller, Braxton Miller  

- Liked the upside and change of scenery for Jared Cook - think he finally reaches his potential with the likes of Aaron Rodgers

- Chris Johnson - DJ handcuff

- Tyler Gaffney - looked good splitting 1st-Team reps. He's a wait and see. Any backs in 16-T with a chance is worth a flier.

- Khiry Robinson - last pick, first to go but could get goaline looks for the Jets.

Would love to hear what you think? 

Keep in my 16-Team Leagues are a different kinda beast -- be critical, but keep that in mind.

(in no way did I plan on all the Johnson's/Thomas')

....and yes, I know I have two Jaguars and two Browns in my line-up. Not good BUT i think those players produce.

Curious to hear opinions on my rookie WRs....

WHIR

Im not a firm believer in Duke Johnson this season for as long as RG3 is healthy. So having him as your RB2 in a PPR worries me. Would much rather have a guy like Charles Sims. I probably would have waited on QB and took a WR there. I like the Thomas and sort of like Coleman, but starting one of them week 1 is very concerning IMO. I would look for a trade partner to grab a solid WR. Maybe try to trade Cam for a WR2 and lower end QB. Thanks for the help on mine

For a 16 team league that is actually very strong. I think your WR group might need a little help though after DT. Honestly, I could consider trading Cam to upgrade your WR. You could probably still get a lot for him and you can find a decent replacement.

Thanks for the input, but if I wanted a WR2 instead of the NFL MVP I would have drafted one there -- in a 16-T there will be holes...feel I filled them best I could with young, upside guys. 

How would you rank:

- Corey Coleman

- Michael Thomas

- Will Fuller

- Ted Ginn - missed out on Funchess and wanted a combo with Cam -- still starting in the two-wr-sets. Wont happen again but he did have 10 TDs

- Braxton Miller (starting in the slot, Brock seems to love him)

- Michael Thomas

- Will Fuller

-- Corey Coleman

- Braxton Miller (starting in the slot, Brock seems to love him)

-Ted Ginn 

i dont like ginn at all lol , with benjamin back hes gonna take a huge hit in his production. coleman , im not to sure about, i know hes was having problems with his route running ( just like cpatt) , so im not sold on him. i like fuller and thomas , with thomas just edging fuller , since he has the better QB.

12 hours ago, Spina said:

If you clicked this you're probably asking, "Who the hell is Thomas D. Johnson??"

You'll see in a second....

Let me know what you think? My strengths/weaknesses...whatever....wasn't feeling it at all when I left the draft.

It's grown on me.

3rd Pick of 16 (PPR): David Johnson

QB: Cam Newton

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Corey Coleman

WR: Michael Thomas

RB: David Johnson

RB: Duke Johnson, Jr.

TE: Julius Thomas

FX: Chris Ivory

D: NY Jets

Bench: Will Fuller, Braxton Miller, Ted Ginn, Jr., Jared Cook, Chris Johnson, Tyler Gaffney, Khiry Robinson

- David Johnson was the easy pick for me at 3 in a PPR -- like everyone else, think he's about to have a monster.

- Was praying Demaryius Thomas made it all the way back to me in the 2nd as the 17th(!) WR off the board -- he's criminally undervalued coming off a "bad year" with 105 receptions and over 1300yds. The QB situation in Denver was awful later year too. He'll put up his numbers. Probably better.

- Aaron Rodgers was my pick on the turn in the 3rd but was taken right before me -- "settled" for Cam Newton. Initially was disappointed but it's grown on me. He'll be fun to watch and root for. I refuse to Dab though.

- In PPR I'm a believer in the breakout of Duke Johnson -- he'll catch 60-70 balls, with increased carries and a chance to be the true featured back in Cleveland. As my RB2 in a PPR I was happy to have him.

- Loved Julius Thomas' value this year -- think he gets back to, or close to the 10 TD-level this year. That offense should be pretty good.

- Being a season-ticket-holder for the Jets and an obvious homer, I had to have Chris Ivory for what his value was -- love watching his bruising style. He'll score a ton of TDs and will prove to be a steal. As my Flex in a 16-Team? Sign me up.

- I have four rookies and Ted Ginn, Jr. fighting for my WR2/WR3 spots: Corey Coleman, Michael Thomas, Will Fuller, Braxton Miller  

- Liked the upside and change of scenery for Jared Cook - think he finally reaches his potential with the likes of Aaron Rodgers

- Chris Johnson - DJ handcuff

- Tyler Gaffney - looked good splitting 1st-Team reps. He's a wait and see. Any backs in 16-T with a chance is worth a flier.

- Khiry Robinson - last pick, first to go but could get goaline looks for the Jets.

Would love to hear what you think? 

Keep in my 16-Team Leagues are a different kinda beast -- be critical, but keep that in mind.

(in no way did I plan on all the Johnson's/Thomas')

The thing that would scare me most about your team is how many rookie WR's you're counting on cause you're pretty thin with veteran WR's but it's not a bad team at all for a 16 team league and i knew what the Thomas D Johnson was gonna be before i saw it. Out of all those rookie WR's you have i think W.Fuller could put up some decent rookie numbers this year with Brockweiler throwing the ball in Houston.

Thanks for mine

I'm not crazy about Ginn either but I got him late after missing out on Funchess, he's startin over Funchess in two-wr-sets and I wanted a piece of the Cam Combo. But yea...late, bench combo i use as a bye week fill in maybe.

Either way, thanks for the responses -- along with the rookie WRs, I'd like to hear thoughts on the team as a whole. Rate it for a 16-Teamer.

Leave a link and I'll respond to yours!

In a 16 team league that looks pretty strong. I'm not a huge Duke Johnson believer, but in PPR I don't think he's a terrible option. Obviously WR is a decent sized question mark after Demaryius, but again, with 16 teams in the league you're gonna have holes. If even one of those rookies puts up a big year it relieves a lot of pressure. Based on the circumstances I'd say you did pretty well. Thanks for the help on mine!

haha yea,  Thomas D. Johnson...

With 16-T leagues there is no way to avoid being thin in a certain area -- you must go with the unknown and hopefully hit on something to cover those holes. Young, upside guys help with that. Counting on a couple of them to get enough targets to produce decent numbers -- expect those targets for Coleman, Thomas and Fuller, along with Braxton in the slot in a bye-week pinch. 

Archived