NBC Sports Edge Forums

Prefer any of these backup RBs? (WHIR)

Bandito

My starting lineup is rock solid (sig).  From there, I got the necessary handcuffs for Ingram and Hyde.  Took a flyer on Kelley in Wash.  The following backs went undrafted:

Forsett, CThompson, Spiller, JFerguson, CWest, Smallwood, Payne, Drake

Do any of them stand out as either better now than what I have, or better projects to stash?

Leave your link!

I think you're fine to stay as you have it.

If you'd like to get cute, you could pickup Forsett and let Draughn go. Draughn looked pretty bad last year when Hyde was out. Forsett's at least starting (though he'll probably be in a messy 3 RBBC anyways).

Other FAs of moderate interest include Vincent Jackson and Steve Smith.  And all the rookie QBs, though I don't know how soon I'd have to reach.

I'm not sold on Draughn providing much value if Hyde went down. So I'd consider ditching him for Forsett for speculation purposes. Sounds like Forsett is getting a decent role back in that BAL committee.

I'm leery of cutting Draughn for the simple fact that I did NOT own him last year when Hyde went down, and if I had, I would have won the whole stupid thing instead of getting beat in Round 1.  So it was a costly lesson learned about handcuffing.  I was thinking about dropping Coates.  But everyone thinks I should hold on to him?

Thanks for your post.  I do like Forsett in a PPR; not sure he is all the way back though - if so BAL took a risk.  You can't handcuff all the RBs but I would hang on to Draughn he's the backup; 49ers re-signed RB DuJuan Harris today.  Wonder if that has anything to do with how Hyde is doing in concussion protocol or if they aren't sure he can stay healthy.  Good Luck!

4 minutes ago, batman1427 said:

Thanks for your post.  I do like Forsett in a PPR; not sure he is all the way back though - if so BAL took a risk.  You can't handcuff all the RBs but I would hang on to Draughn he's the backup; 49ers re-signed RB DuJuan Harris today.  Wonder if that has anything to do with how Hyde is doing in concussion protocol or if they aren't sure he can stay healthy.  Good Luck!

Did not see the Harris news.  Thanks for the heads up!

Archived