NBC Sports Edge Forums

Charles Clay 2016 Season Outlook

Br0kenB

Clay is a great streaming option in ppr leagues - he's a guarantee to get you at least 4-5 catches and 40-60 yards, giving him an excellent fantasy floor at a very erratic position- and who knows? He always has potential for more considering how thin the Bills are at receiver. Definitely someone to consider, tight ends are a crapshoot ,but at least you know what you're getting with Clay. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's between clay, Henry and maybe griffin.  I just hate that he's had 2 solid games because I feel it's time for his dud, but maybe someone has more insight on how the gameflow has been working.  

@ESquared I believe it was made a good point in another thread that weather conditions favor Clay. In Buffalo, cold, potentially wet, windy, and Miami has an ok pass rush, so it all points to shorter passes. Also Miami is in the bottom half of the league in defending TEs. 

I like Clay a bit more than the other WW options just because he's been getting good volume the last couple weeks. Guys like Henry or James will need a TD to put up decent numbers, but if Clay gets targets he has a pretty safe PPR floor. 

6 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

@ESquared I believe it was made a good point in another thread that weather conditions favor Clay. In Buffalo, cold, potentially wet, windy, and Miami has an ok pass rush, so it all points to shorter passes. Also Miami is in the bottom half of the league in defending TEs. 

I like Clay a bit more than the other WW options just because he's been getting good volume the last couple weeks. Guys like Henry or James will need a TD to put up decent numbers, but if Clay gets targets he has a pretty safe PPR floor. 

That's sort of what I overall been leaning as clay is the only TE, whereas Henry definitely needs a td to really be significant.  That might be the overall determination for me so we will see. 

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh .... his ceiling is about as high as a crawlspace - if you're looking for a play that can go BOOM, try the kid Burton in Philly - Jints are atrocious vs TEs, and he's been getting volume, even with Ertz -

To risky in championship game, I mean guys like clay like said above have no TE competition, ertz is still the primary in Philly and that's just to big a risk in a championship game.  I'd bank on clay getting 5 to 8 before Burton all day every day 

4 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

To risky in championship game, I mean guys like clay like said above have no TE competition, ertz is still the primary in Philly and that's just to big a risk in a championship game.  I'd bank on clay getting 5 to 8 before Burton all day every day 

fair enough ... but if i were told right now that one of them will go for 20 pts this coming week, i'd bet my last red cent on it being Burton - 

Clay's a very safe play in ppr, not questioning that ... but it's 'chip week, and i want more bang for my buck than a 4/33/0 stat line - gl to you all trotting out Charles of Clay ✌??

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fair enough ... but if i were told right now that one of them will go for 20 pts this coming week, i'd bet my last red cent on it being Burton - 

Clay's a very safe play in ppr, not questioning that ... but it's 'chip week, and i want more bang for my buck than a 4/33/0 stat line - gl to you all trotting out Charles of Clay ✌??

Well Clay just went for 20 pts in PPR last week, and Burton has never sniffed 20, is coming off a 2-receptions-for-2-yards game, and is playing a good NYG defense.  Woof.

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh .... his ceiling is about as high as a crawlspace - if you're looking for a play that can go BOOM, try the kid Burton in Philly - Jints are atrocious vs TEs, and he's been getting volume, even with Ertz -

playing Trey Burton is suicidal

5 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Well Clay just went for 20 pts in PPR last week, and Burton has never sniffed 20, is coming off a 2-receptions-for-2-yards game, and is playing a good NYG defense.  Woof.

good, yes ... but would still prolly cede 15 pts to you if you suited up at TE 

and, sorry i don't play in leagues that give me points for how my guys did last week

GL FELLAS

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

and, sorry i don't play in leagues that give me points for how my guys did last week

GL FELLAS

you don't?

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

GL FELLAS

Is your opponent this week in this thread and you're somehow trying to troll him into playing Burton?  

Burton is a second fiddle TE on his own team, and only played 22 offensive snaps last week (25%), so the idea of playing him in anything less than a 20 team league is laughable.  If you have some prediction that Burton goes off this week that's a CSB, but no need to crud up the Clay thread with baseless hopes for Trey Burton.

4 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Is your opponent this week in this thread and you're somehow trying to troll him into playing Burton?  

Burton is a second fiddle TE on his own team, and only played 22 offensive snaps last week (25%), so the idea of playing him in anything less than a 20 team league is laughable.  If you have some prediction that Burton goes off this week that's a CSB, but no need to crud up the Clay thread with baseless hopes for Trey Burton.

I didn't 'crud' it, sluggo ... I simply stated I thought Burton was a higher ceiling play, and I stand by that assertion ... ?

it was you Clay White Knights gettin' yer panties in a twist that 'crudded' it 

?

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I didn't 'crud' it, sluggo ... I simply stated I thought Burton was a higher ceiling play, and I stand by that assertion ... ?

it was you Clay White Knights gettin' yer panties in a twist that 'crudded' it 

?

I crudd'it up and I ain't a Clay "white knight" ...  Don't believe in Clay one bit also I don't believe in Burton

if I had to choose between Clay or Burton --- hands down Clay is the winner

Who the heck is Burton? Clearly I don't watch the Iggles because I always thought he was a WR. 

Clay, Henry, Burton... I think whomever plays TE for the Texans is a safer floor and won't get you a bagel to cost you the 'ship.

20 hours ago, hagen910 said:

deciding between clay, griffin, vernon davis.  if cj fiedorwi whatever is out i'm going griffin in ppr.   6 for 69 from savage last week.  I don't trust anything in buffalo that is thrown

You bring up a great point.  Don't trust any Bills player not named McCoy. They have let me down all year long. 

Archived