NBC Sports Edge Forums

Charles Clay 2016 Season Outlook

Br0kenB

He came through for me last week. The matchup is nice and he's been more involved in the offense over the last two weeks. 

You could do a whole lot worse at the TE position. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm convinced that the Bills don't trust Tyrod from a mental aspect of his position and therefore want to keep everything simple for him. Hand the ball off most of the time and throw quick short passes the rest with an occasional air out pass to keep the defenses honest and to see if they could strike quickly. Thus, SAMMY and Woods become practically irrelevant while guys like Clay get bumped up a bit.  This formula seems to be the formula the Bills want to apply whenever they can. 

I am a huge dolphins fan and can tell you with confidence that they struggle mightily vs te and slot receivers. I think clay should have a bit of extra juice in the tank considering he is playing his many old teammates with his confidence high from last week. I also have both the texans te rostered but think clay has the higher ceiling. I also think the Ravens provided a great blueprint to eviscerate Miamis secondary but the Jets didn't have the personell to even try and pull it off. I think the bills will run the ball, get shut down, and try to win in the middle of the field. Can't say I'm starting him with a ton of confidence but I think he is better than any other streaming option in 12 plus leagues

36 minutes ago, Bacon Bits said:

I am a huge dolphins fan and can tell you with confidence that they struggle mightily vs te and slot receivers. I think clay should have a bit of extra juice in the tank considering he is playing his many old teammates with his confidence high from last week. I also have both the texans te rostered but think clay has the higher ceiling. I also think the Ravens provided a great blueprint to eviscerate Miamis secondary but the Jets didn't have the personell to even try and pull it off. I think the bills will run the ball, get shut down, and try to win in the middle of the field. Can't say I'm starting him with a ton of confidence but I think he is better than any other streaming option in 12 plus leagues

Why do you think Miami will shut down the run?

37 minutes ago, biggquis said:

Why do you think Miami will shut down the run?

Miami has a killer defensive line that can shut down a run game. They have played well recently, and have the season on the line, so that is what i expect them to do. Last time they played shady was banged up, and tyrod was their leading rusher. I could be wrong, but i fully expect miami to hold the bills under 3.5 ypc

7 minutes ago, Bacon Bits said:

Miami has a killer defensive line that can shut down a run game. They have played decently well recently. 

I gotta agree with @biggquis, Miami has been getting torched lately on the ground. Bilal Powell and a gimpy Forte averaged 5.3 YPC last week. They've given up 100+ rushing yards every week from Week 11 on. 

And these weren't elite running teams - SF, BAL, LA. McCoy and the Bills run game is light years better than any of those teams. 

1 minute ago, handyandy86 said:

I gotta agree with @biggquis, Miami has been getting torched lately on the ground. Bilal Powell and a gimpy Forte averaged 5.3 YPC last week. They've given up 100+ rushing yards every week from Week 11 on. 

And these weren't elite running teams - SF, BAL, LA. McCoy and the Bills run game is light years better than any of those teams. 

I wish i would have looked up stats before i posted. I am just going from what i see. They just had two of the four starters make the pro bowl. I will stick to my prediction. Guess we will see who is wrong saturday.

13 minutes ago, Bacon Bits said:

I wish i would have looked up stats before i posted. I am just going from what i see. They just had two of the four starters make the pro bowl. I will stick to my prediction. Guess we will see who is wrong saturday.

FWIW, I hope you're right...facing McCoy in one of my title games. 

On 12/21/2016 at 9:52 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh .... his ceiling is about as high as a crawlspace - if you're looking for a play that can go BOOM, try the kid Burton in Philly - Jints are atrocious vs TEs, and he's been getting volume, even with Ertz -

I am wondering did you start Burton?

On 12/21/2016 at 10:06 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fair enough ... but if i were told right now that one of them will go for 20 pts this coming week, i'd bet my last red cent on it being Burton - 

Clay's a very safe play in ppr, not questioning that ... but it's 'chip week, and i want more bang for my buck than a 4/33/0 stat line - gl to you all trotting out Charles of Clay ✌??

On 12/21/2016 at 10:09 AM, handyandy86 said:

Well Clay just went for 20 pts in PPR last week, and Burton has never sniffed 20, is coming off a 2-receptions-for-2-yards game, and is playing a good NYG defense.  Woof.

48 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I am wondering did you start Burton?

nope.

but, man ... that kid was triple covered all night - GMen gave a TON of respect to him - things that don't show up in the boxscore, ya know?  Burton was key to that offenses success last night, as he drew all the coverage - Dallas oughtta be buying this cat a new Lamborghini for Christmas ?

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

nope.

but, man ... that kid was triple covered all night - GMen gave a TON of respect to him - things that don't show up in the boxscore, ya know?  Burton was key to that offenses success last night, as he drew all the coverage - Dallas oughtta be buying this cat a new Lamborghini for Christmas ?

Triple coverage!  Hmmmm. Is this your way to practice using hyperboles?  Just curious, why would they triple cover Burton and not Ertz? 

10 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Triple coverage!  Hmmmm. Is this your way to practice using hyperboles?  Just curious, why would they triple cover Burton and not Ertz? 

Ertz is a schlub/plodder ... a volume needy, TD dependent putz - the Doug Martin of TEs, if you will ...

Burton is a gazelle out there, a hybrid of Gronk/Winslow/Francis ... kid is a weapon ?

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Ertz is a schlub/plodder ... a volume needy, TD dependent putz - the Doug Martin of TEs, if you will ...

Burton is a gazelle out there, a hybrid of Gronk/Winslow/Francis ... kid is a weapon ?

Lol.  Nice rebuttal rev.  Now I see why you are a pastor. 

Archived