Sixto Sanchez (RHP-MIA)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and  

Just noticed the ESPN+ (non Klaw edition) has him ranked #20 in a strictly for 2020 fantasy prospects list, had this to say: "In terms of personal preference, no player has risen higher in my eye

• 3 weeks later...

After that dynamite 1st AA start, it has been a bit of a struggle...but not awful or anything (esp considering the pitching layoff he's had) here's last 3 starts:

4.2 IP 11H 3ER 1BB 2K

5IP 7H 3ER 0BB 6K

5.2 IP 7H 3ER 1BB 4K

Maybe getting BABIP'd hard or some questionable defense behind him, hard to say but stuff reports seem to indicate he's healthy and all...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:58 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

His latest start on Sat night: 7IP 7H 2R 0BB 9K, continues to keep the ball on the ground an awful lot...

I was there and his FB was 98-100 all night on the field's read out.

His slider was his out pitch and more effective though. FB still a little straighter than you would like.

When Sixto went to FB in predicable counts, their better hitters (Lewin Diaz and Alex Kiriloff) jumped all over it and hit against the RF wall.

Edited by Byebyebalboni
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

He's now had 3 great outings in a row after that clunker on July 2nd.  What is a realistic ETA on this kid?  I'd have to think next season there's a good possibility of a call up or maybe even a good ST showing keeps him up, no? 

5 minutes ago, cizastro said:

He's now had 3 great outings in a row after that clunker on July 2nd.  What is a realistic ETA on this kid?  I'd have to think next season there's a good possibility of a call up or maybe even a good ST showing keeps him up, no? 

Yes next June/July if everything continues to dev as it is looking like.

7 hours ago, cizastro said:

I think we need to wait and see how many innings he accumulates this year before making a call about next year. I see zero chance he breaks camp with the club.

The Marlins are loaded with pitching. I think we need to see how Edward Cabrera finishes the year. If Cabrera pushes ahead of Sixto down the stretch he is probably the first in line next year and that gives the fish an excuse to keep Sixto down. Gallen was held back for a very long time. It is going to be hard for Sixto/EdCab to break through next season if everyone is healthy in that rotation. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I wonder if the timelines to the bigs just shortened up (maybe only slightly) for Sixto and Edward??

I think they are both on the timeline that Gallen was on this year. Without clearing Gallen (and no injuries) it was going to be tough to get both up next year. They just need to force the issue next season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another gem last night.  6 ip 3 h 1 bb 6 k 1 er

Through his last 5 starts he has a

.60 era 

.70 whip

5bb

30 ip

something has clicked here.  Wondering if it’s the development of a pitch or if he stopped tinkering with certain things.  Since the trade he has been lights out though, so maybe he just needed the change of scenery to get going

Edited by BackyardBaseball
44 minutes ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Another gem last night.  6 ip 3 h 1 bb 6 k 1 er

Through his last 5 starts he has a

.60 era 

.70 whip

5bb

30 ip

something has clicked here.  Wondering if it’s the development of a pitch or if he stopped tinkering with certain things.  Since the trade he has been lights out though, so maybe he just needed the change of scenery to get going

I think it is just health. 

7 hours ago, Welcome To My House said:

He was traded from the Phillies to the marlins in Feb of this year.

I knew that. The wording of the other post was confusing. The poster was quoting the numbers on Sixtos last 5 games and then insinuated that a change of scenery was the reason for this success.

• 4 months later...

Just noticed the ESPN+ (non Klaw edition) has him ranked #20 in a strictly for 2020 fantasy prospects list, had this to say:

"In terms of personal preference, no player has risen higher in my eyes more than Sanchez over the last 12 months. The same concerns I had before remain: he lacks size and he had a shoulder concerns in previous years. The size is not changing, but after 114 successful innings, he looks healthy and strong enough to carry more workload than I previously thought. Sanchez handled a promotion to Double-A in stride. He struck out 97 batters in 103 innings while allowing just 21 walks. He also surrendered just five home runs. He has a top-shelf fastball that approaches the century mark with a curveball that flashes out-pitch potential. The changeup also shows flickers of greatness. He has some of the best control in the minors and projects for above-average command. While I don't think he'll be the rotation's workhorse, I think he will be a very good piece of it and may not need much time in Triple-A to get there."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...