NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dontrelle Inman 2016 Season Outlook

burninglegs

Hmm this guy is intriguing if he's going to be heavily targeted but if he gets matched up against McCourty he may not do well. According to PFF McCourty hasn't given up a TD all year. I think Inman is JAG and I want him going against the other teams #2 or #3 DB. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Benjamin will be out.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Travis Benjamin has been diagnosed with a Grade 2 sprained PCL.
No surgery is needed, but Benjamin needs rest and rehab. He didn't practice Wednesday and has been battling the knee for a couple weeks. Tyler Lockett played through a sprained PCL earlier this season and saw his effectiveness go in the gutter. If he plays, Benjamin is hard to trust as a WR3. Nov 2 - 3:59 PM

23 hours ago, owenmills said:

Hmm this guy is intriguing if he's going to be heavily targeted but if he gets matched up against McCourty he may not do well. According to PFF McCourty hasn't given up a TD all year. I think Inman is JAG and I want him going against the other teams #2 or #3 DB. 

I hear you but i dunno....if henry, benjamin, williams are out...that just leaves inman and gates as the viable targets.  If you need a WR3 PPR or WR4, it seems like a solid low floor play to me.  

Edited by Jaden374

Funny how the reporting ebbs and flows. Very underreported option for this week and a top waiver add yet he was basically not touted anywhere. Meanwhile we've known about TBenjamin's injury, Tyrell's in-game injury and LP, and then comparable target numbers between Inman and Tyrell the last few games.

Sure, it's a crapshoot. But in a considerable bye week, Inman should be a solid start.

Looking like Benjamin may be a game-time call and Williams will play yet, probably be hobbled a bit being covered mostly if not surely Mr.Jason McCourty and he's actually a decent corner. I think Inman will be a factor this game and will probably see 7-10 looks this game and I expect him to produce. Putting him at my flex with confidence, especially with a bunch of my players (alshon, lamar miller) out.

27 minutes ago, mdbomb said:

Anyone plugging this guy in this week with Benjamin probably out?  Targets have been increasing last 3 weeks from 6 to 7 to 9, which tied him for the team lead with Gates.  Question is how does Miami cover the TE?

I'm not plugging him in because I have better options, but I'd be confident doing it with Benjamin out if I was in a pinch. Inman has good chemistry with Rivers and can produce when he has the opportunities, which I think he will this week against a pedestrian Miami pass D regardless.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

This is a must own guy. Who is left on the Chargers? It's just him and Benjamin. Dude should see double digit targets from here on out and a weekly 100/1 threat, especially considering the nice schedule Chargers have left.

What's the latest on TWill?