NBC Sports Edge Forums

Serge Ibaka 2016-2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to prove he just doesn't give full effort out there usually.  For him to have the only solid game against his former team, it shows this is what he can potentially do if he actually gave maximum effort. And i am not talking about the 29 points which is crazy for him. I'd be happy with half those points but with similar boards and blocks which has more to do with effort. Shots hit or miss, but those things are about effort.

I really have no idea if this is a just a one-time thing and a sell-high situation or a wait and see situation where his value can go down and good trades wouldn't be possible...

Edited by magic32
1 hour ago, sylvanus said:

He was aggressive but they also ran plays for him. I'm especially impressed by the last shot where he put the ball on the floor. 

Ha. Just watched the highlight n confirmed the fluke game. Was more arse than class. Took the revenge game to finally put some effort the boards. Good game for you owners though. Congrats. 

4 hours ago, VelvetMerkin said:

Did he just the dagger to win possibly win the game? If so, that's how you revenge.

Beautiful move on Adams who's a terrific defender. Just shows how good this guy can be when he fully applies himself. 

Vogel probably gave this guy all the minutes he can handle for obvious reasons, but at least he took full advantage of it. Also, kudos to OKC fans for actually giving this guy a good ovation, because he was traded and didn't actually leave the team. I don't understand why some fans boo their former long time players when the team trades them (and not the player asking to be traded) esp when the player gave everything he had for the team

5 hours ago, Pirate said:

Ha. Just watched the highlight n confirmed the fluke game. Was more arse than class. Took the revenge game to finally put some effort the boards. Good game for you owners though. Congrats. 

He had 9 rebounds in his last game. The rebounds weren't because he was going against his former team (he'll occasionally have decent rebounding games), the points were. 

2 hours ago, Mad Luke said:

I have just traded his sorry a** yesterday, and he starts to ball NOW? FML

I mean, I still got his production from last night, but if this becomes a trend I'm on the wrong side of the trade.

Definitely should have waited until after he played his former team. 

I would wait one game and see what happens. Magic sucks under the old vooch offense and this was what Vogel hoped for. Both sides are interested in him having a good year since the Magic traded for him and Ibaka is on a contract year. I'd be surprised if he didn't improve at all from the lows he was at.

Besides you woul need a confirmation game to sell high probably.

11 hours ago, magic32 said:

This has to prove he just doesn't give full effort out there usually.  For him to have the only solid game against his former team, it shows this is what he can potentially do if he actually gave maximum effort. And i am not talking about the 29 points which is crazy for him. I'd be happy with half those points but with similar boards and blocks which has more to do with effort. Shots hit or miss, but those things are about effort.

I really have no idea if this is a just a one-time thing and a sell-high situation or a wait and see situation where his value can go down and good trades wouldn't be possible...

i was telling my buddy this same exact thing last night... I'd almost rather he never had a game this good because I 100% now know that his awful-ness has simply been a lack of effort and this one game is an outlier...

ibaka is officially a sucker to me

19 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

i was telling my buddy this same exact thing last night... I'd almost rather he never had a game this good because I 100% now know that his awful-ness has simply been a lack of effort and this one game is an outlier...

ibaka is officially a sucker to me

Glass half full: He hasn't been extended yet and now that he showed that he can actually carry a game on both ends, he needs to realize that he's under the spotlight performance-wise and needs to uphold a higher standard than what he's shown early on.

Plus he earns an additional 2.5m if he can get DPOY (not happening) and be 1st team defensive.