NBC Sports Edge Forums

RB2/FLEX: Ivory, Duke, Dwayne

Spina

This is 16-T PPR

With the devastating Corey Coleman news I'm forced to move Michael Thomas from my Flex to the WR3 position. This along with my indecision at RB2 leaves two starting spots open...

QB: Cam Newton

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Will Fuller...crap!

WR: Michael Thomas

RB: David Johnson

RB: ..........................

TE: Julius Thomas

FX: ..........................

The candidates are Chris Ivory, Duke Johnson, and yes, I got a free boarding ticket on the Dwayne Washington train after his GL TD Week 1.

- As a Jets Fan and former owner of Ivory I thought he was great signing for Jacksonville -- was happy to have him sitting in my RB2/Flex spot. Then the mysterious illness took hold. How does he come back? What's his usage? With Yeldon looking below average does Ivory come back and get the majority of the snaps?

-Drafted Duke thinking he'd be a PPR monster with the chance of taking more carries from Crowell. That hasn't happened yet. With a rookie QB and going back home to Miami, I'm looking for Duke to be decent with lots of checkdowns.

-In a deep league I'm always looking for the littlest signs of potential -- when Dwayne got a GL TD Week 1 I made the move thinking he might be a decent bye-week-fill in with a lot more if Abdullah got hurt. Then Abdullah got hurt. Chooo-Chooooo!!

I also can Flex Jared Cook (opponent has Aaron Rodgers), Ted Ginn to form the combo with Cam, or Tavaris Cadet.

So who would you start??

WHIR

Give me Washington and....the other two are such crapshoots...

Duke.   Random fill in qb needs short options so you've got a chance there.

Ivory will likely need a GL plunge to be worthy...and that seems a long shot at best.

Stay away from Duke. It's really between Ivory and Washington. Both are in a situation where usage is a concern (well until Ivory comes back 100%), so I would go with upside and go Washington. I think he is good for at least 12 touches and a couple of goalline opportunities if you're lucky.

Archived