NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adam Humphries 2016 Season Outlook

At 25 targets season-long, should be one of the most targeted WR/Flex guys on your waiver roster.   Does he have enough talent and rapport with Winston to be an Edelman/Welker type?  Or will his ceiling most weeks be 6/70?

Thanks in advance for anyone’s input.

I actually like him a lot. Have watched a decent amount of bucs just to watch Winston and Winston definitely looks for this guy. I think if VJax stays away in obscurity he's a pretty good add in most formats tbh. The only way I see him completely falling off is if we see a rebound by VJax, and at nearly 34 and with a history of injuries, I'm just not confident he isn't just "done." 

Noticed this guy is 25th in the league as far as targets go. Anything to see here? I am kind of getting the assumption he is a decent flex kinda guy in a ppr but not much except a bye week filler in standard. Although, I must say I really don't get a chance to watch the Bucs.

I like this guy I would compare him to Cole Beasley for Fantasy Purposes, he's 5'11'' 185.  But his stats might be a little inflated by the bucs volume of throwing at this point. I definitely think he is a descent floor of 6-8 in PPR. He is safer in the flex than a lot of RBBC RB's.

Standard leagues I would pass but PPR leagues he is definitely worth an add as a bench hold this week. An undrafted Clemson slot receiver on my WR needy team for $0? Why not. If TB can find continued slot usage for him vs. Denver then he might be useful as the poster said above, a Cole Beasley type with Edelman-Lite numbers on his best days like Week 3. He is worthless in TD-heavy leagues however since that will be Mike Evans and maybe even Cameron Brate's job.

Kind of have to agree. Not flashy, but a safe PPR floor. Cole Beasely is a great comparison. Nobody wants to own him, but sometimes out of necessity or because nothing else is better, you do. For Watkins or Josh Gordon owners looking to fill that empty slot, oh what a huge drop off in talent...

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Let me guess he's a scrappy high motor blue collar lunchpail type player? 

.... who understands the game well, runs crisp routes, high football IQ - will probably coach or be in the booth after playing days are done

Is he in your lineups for this weekend? Last week's dud can be chalked up that to Denver defense, think he will be back to his week 2 & 3 PPR stats at all. Looking at box scores, Carolinas defense is getting wrecked by WR1s, so will it just be a Mike Evans feast?

is this guy getting underestimated for some reason?

nobody claimed him. just got him for free. bucs #2 WR, HELLOOOOO

Is it because he's white? 

hes getting deep balls, screens, kick returns, slants everything in this game

he put up 2 duds.. one ws DENVER

Edited by WAGERKING