NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jonathan Villar 2017 Outlook

parrothead

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leading off tonight! Got him in a trade for Bour yesterday, which was my birthday (he was the best birthday present I got btw) I've wanted him all year in at least one of my leagues and I really couldn't be more stoked to see him in the one hole to start the second half.

11 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

Leading off tonight! Got him in a trade for Bour yesterday, which was my birthday (he was the best birthday present I got btw) I've wanted him all year in at least one of my leagues and I really couldn't be more stoked to see him in the one hole to start the second half.

223/272 of his AB this year have come from the 1 hole and he was there before the break. 

2 hours ago, 6Kill said:

I think he'll be fine after the ASB but Bour has tremendous upside also... Hope it works out for you.

30 minutes ago, exm said:

I think he'll be fine after the ASB but Bour has tremendous upside also... Hope it works out for you.

Seriously. I can't give away Villar for a SP4 in my leagues. Bour would be an amazing haul. 

22 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

He was hitting .333 with a run when you posted this. I think scoring a run literally means he was involved. 

1-5 2K 1R. Team scored 9. 

What I think we're looking for is a change - this is the same. All I'm saying.

Not a single player on the team scored more than 1 run because 8 of the 9 runs came in one inning. The inning Villar was involved... You're try a bit to hard with this.

I think only 3 players got on base more than once(Santana, Pina, Thames) because of a small rally in the 5th. Otherwise the remaining 7 inning the Brewers bats were pretty silent.

Edited by Slatykamora

7 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

uninvolved the past 2 days- 3-8 with a run & 2 SBs. 

8 game hitting streak 2 game SB streak.

I had Villar in a Dynasty league and I was excited to keep him, but not super thrilled about drafting him in round 2-3.  All signs pointed to a pretty good drop in average which would lead to less everything else.  At some point this season, things kind of changed. I bought him in a points league for not a lot. A bad score in that league is a negative point total per day, and since I've gotten him, he hasn't had 1 negative day.

It's going to take a massive amount of big games to make his numbers similar to last year, so I think that boat has sank.  What there is here is some value SB and Runs at the MI position with a modest average. He's not as bad as his first half.