Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jonathan Villar 2017 Outlook


parrothead
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

Keep him in the lineup CC, please lord.

It's ridiculous at this point. He has shown clear signs of 2016 during the past couple weeks. He needs to be leading off if this team wants to make a late run, w/o Villar leading off and performing, I just don't see it happening. PLAY HIM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, goldbaby11 said:

It's ridiculous at this point. He has shown clear signs of 2016 during the past couple weeks. He needs to be leading off if this team wants to make a late run, w/o Villar leading off and performing, I just don't see it happening. PLAY HIM. 

This is the epitome of wanting to guy to play to benefit your fantasy team and not being able to see the reality of the situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

This is the epitome of wanting to guy to play to benefit your fantasy team and not being able to see the reality of the situation. 

Yeah you're right. He's not hitting 316/350/447 in August or anything with 3 SBs in 38ABs. What reality are you living in?

Last two weeks. 333AVG

 

You think Thames is a solid lead off hitter? he's the only acceptable lead off hitter on the team. Think then speak. 

 

 

Edited by goldbaby11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, goldbaby11 said:

Yeah you're right. He's not hitting 316/350/447 in August or anything with 3 SBs in 38ABs. What reality are you living in?

Last two weeks. 333AVG

 

You think Thames is a solid lead off hitter? he's the only acceptable lead off hitter on the team. Think then speak. 

 

 

Yea, those 38 AB's are nice. How about the other 319? Guy is poop on a stick and everyone seems to know it except you.

 

Aside from his horrendous slash line, he's also a bad defender and makes mental mistakes quite often, which also don't show up on the fantasy stat sheet, but believe me, the coach sees it.

Edited by hangin n wangin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

Yea, those 38 AB's are nice. How about the other .319? Guy is poop on a stick and everyone seems to know it except you.

Yeah those 38 ABs are nice and I believe they are a sign of what is to come. Nice being able to pick up Villar in early August and be able to use him at SS and he hits .316 with a homer and 3 SBs in only 38abs. Sorry you missed out on that. But if you're the brewers and Villar starts showing signs of 2016, you play him and I believe they will more consistently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, goldbaby11 said:

Yeah those 38 ABs are nice and I believe they are a sign of what is to come. Nice being able to pick up Villar in early August and be able to use him at SS and he hits .316 with a homer and 3 SBs in only 38abs. Sorry you missed out on that. But if you're the brewers and Villar starts showing signs of 2016, you play him and I believe they will more consistently. 

I didn't miss out on s---. I have Jean segura and Dee Gordon, but thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Yea, those 38 AB's are nice. How about the other 319? Guy is poop on a stick and everyone seems to know it except you.

Villar has three hits over his last 6 at-bats and has a 100% success rate on stolen bases during that time! This is a clear hall-of-famer if he can keep that up. I'd assume he was doing great before that but can't be bothered to look it up...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I didn't miss out on s---. I have Jean segura and Dee Gordon, but thank you.

.260/341/370 Jean Segura in August with double the Abs meaning more SBs. PLAY HIM BREWERS

Edited by goldbaby11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Villar has three hits over his last 6 at-bats and has a 100% success rate on stolen bases during that time! This is a clear hall-of-famer if he can keep that up. I'd assume he was doing great before that but can't be bothered to look it up...

what are you talking about

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, goldbaby11 said:

Well I am making the argument that VIllar has turned a corner. It could happen even in August. 

Since August 1st:

Villar: 40PA/38AB, 2 doubles, 1HR, 5R, 3RBI, 3SB, 5%BB/25%K, .407BABIP, .316/.350/.447

Most guys have ~80+PA in August.

Your logic here says that Kevan Smith (40PA in August) has turned a corner is a straight up beast: 4 doubles, 2HR, 4R, 9RBI, 7.5%BB/15%K, .379BABIP, .351, .400, .622

Edited by BlueJaysIn2030
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Since August 1st:

Villar: 40PA/38AB, 2 doubles, 1HR, 5R, 3RBI, 3SB, 5%BB/25%K, .407BABIP, .316/.350/.447

Most guys have ~80+PA in August. Kevan Smith has had 40PA in August and done better, so by your logic he should be a masher and is turning a corner. 

I didn't realize that Kevan Smith went 285/369/457 with 19 homers and 62 Sbs in 2016 leading off for the brewers as a 25y/o. 

 

The August numbers are similar to 2016, he's only 26. What I'm arguing is that his upside is very high and his August may indicate that he has turned a corner and that the brewers better hope he did otherwise they're not catching the cubs. simple

 

you and everyone else have completely missed the point. what i just explained is unarguable.

Edited by goldbaby11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, goldbaby11 said:

I didn't realize that Kevan Smith went 285/369/457 with 19 homers and 62 Sbs in 2016 leading off for the brewers as a 25y/o. 

 

The August numbers are similar to 2016, he's only 26. What I'm arguing is that his upside is very high and his August may indicate that he has turned a corner and that the brewers better hope he did otherwise they're not catching the cubs. simple

 

you and everyone else have completely missed the point. what i just explained is unarguable.

I'm with you Goldbaby. I still have faith he can turn the corner and wouldn't be surprised if he wound up a top 50 player ROS IF he continues to get at bats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, goldbaby11 said:

I didn't realize that Kevan Smith went 285/369/457 with 19 homers and 62 Sbs in 2016 leading off for the brewers as a 25y/o. 

 

The August numbers are similar to 2016, he's only 26. What I'm arguing is that his upside is very high and his August may indicate that he has turned a corner and that the brewers better hope he did otherwise they're not catching the cubs. simple

 

you and everyone else have completely missed the point. what i just explained is unarguable.

I'd agree with that point, which is why I've held him all this time in a dynasty. However, he's going to have to do it more before I believe that he's turned a corner; 38 August AB's is a miniscule sample size. I also think it's unlikely he sees regular at-bats for the rest of the season, let alone at the leadoff spot. His baserunning (despite the speed) is not great, his defense is poor, and he's scuffled at the plate most of the year. I hope you're right but I just don't see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, goldbaby11 said:

Yeah you're right. He's not hitting 316/350/447 in August or anything with 3 SBs in 38ABs. What reality are you living in?

Last two weeks. 333AVG

 

You think Thames is a solid lead off hitter? he's the only acceptable lead off hitter on the team. Think then speak. 

 

 

What reality am I living in? You literally said the Brewers can't make a playoff run if they don't start Villar hahaha... then cite 38 AB's.... SMH.

 

You are blinded by your own fantasy ambitions if you think the Brewers have to start Villar to make the playoffs... you realize the Brewers are 40-41 when Villar starts and 25-20 when he doesn't start, right?

Edited by StevieStats
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

What reality am I living in? You literally said the Brewers can't make a playoff run if they don't start Villar hahaha... then cite 38 AB's.... SMH.

 

You are blinded by your own fantasy ambitions if you think the Brewers have to start Villar to make the playoffs... you realize the Brewers are 40-41 when Villar starts and 25-20 when he doesn't start, right?

Wow...you really cannot grasp this whatsoever,  you're speculating hard, and you're dead wrong. Read this closely...

 

His August numbers are similar to 2016, he's only 26. What I'm arguing is that his upside is very high and his August MAY indicate that he has turned a corner and that the brewers better hope he did otherwise they're not catching the cubs.

 

Fantasy ambitions?? Read it again. I couldn't be any more reasonable. 

 

Are you sure you can read? It's called an opinion, and you've made yours clear too. Your posts are very dumb and they indicate that you're not grasping the concept of an opinion.  And no i don't think the Brewers can catch the Cubs w/o a true lead off hitter.

 

the proper response would have been "you may be right, but I think you're wrong because..." but i can tell that you're somewhat of a clown and have a hard time articulating yourself correctly. 

Edited by goldbaby11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Guys, please dial back the bickering a bit.  Once you've gotten to the point where you're asking the other person if they can read, your chances of having a productive discussion are approaching zero.  Either agree to disagree now, or find a way to talk about Villar's performance that isn't skirting the line of accusing someone of bad faith or being illiterate.]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...