NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gary Harris 2016-2017 Season Outlook

Partially torn muscle, 4-6 weeks out

Will Yahoo put an inj tag and how much it usually takes for them to put it. 

I really expected a nice solid season from him, got him pretty much at the end of the draft. I hope he doesn't miss too much time. Who will benefit the most? Barton?

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 weeks out means 2 weeks into the regular season right - and this is the worst case scenario?

I expect him to be fully recovered by the tail end of November. 

Any chance of having Murray or Barton overtake him as the starting SG? Ala Draymond Green over David Lee a few years ago?

23 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

6 weeks out means 2 weeks into the regular season right - and this is the worst case scenario?

Any chance of having Murray or Barton overtake him as the starting SG? Ala Draymond Green over David Lee a few years ago?

Nope. Harris is their best combo of shooting and defense (one of best guards on defense last season), and hes added playmaking this summer. Murray is viewed as a pg/combo guard and Barton is a benchplayer.

47 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

I actually think this is a good thing for people who want to draft Harris. He'll slip by a round or 2 because the regulars in your draft won't see him, and you'll only have to compete with the hardcore guys who already know his value despite him not being present in preseason.

That being said, I still temper my expectations a little bit on how well he does this year - I don't expect some monster lines. That team is loaded all around with a lot of guys who want to score, I think you'll get distributed stats across the entire team, and it's not a great thing in terms of fantasy, but works to round out your team once you have your main guys since Harris is decent everywhere and doesn't hurt you anywhere (like Avery Bradley). 

7 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

Nah, like PuzzBeterson said: Harris is their best two-way SG. I really like Barton's skill-set, but he's a prototypical spark plug; he doesn't offer enough on the defensive end, and he needs the ball in his hands a lot (and is therefore perfectly suited running the 2nd unit). 

19 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I actually think this is a good thing for people who want to draft Harris. He'll slip by a round or 2 because the regulars in your draft won't see him, and you'll only have to compete with the hardcore guys who already know his value despite him not being present in preseason.

That being said, I still temper my expectations a little bit on how well he does this year - I don't expect some monster lines. That team is loaded all around with a lot of guys who want to score, I think you'll get distributed stats across the entire team, and it's not a great thing in terms of fantasy, but works to round out your team once you have your main guys since Harris is decent everywhere and doesn't hurt you anywhere (like Avery Bradley). 

Preach, I already have drafted him (90-ish range) and looking forward to owning him the whole year. He looks good to go for the opener also, so the worry of having Barton or Murray taking his minutes seem nullified as well. 

Expecting a clean line from him this year. In his ADP range, KCP is his main competition. While KCP probably will have more minutes, he will also have more ugly % games with it. He also hasn't shown that he can stroke the three consistently. My money will be on Harris finishing the year ranked higher than KCP. 

Someone happened to drop him in my league and I was able to get him by dropping Matt Barnes. It's interesting that razzball ranked harris at 160 while Barnes at 103. Hopefully we are all making the right judgement here in this chat group including myself! 

Edited by lpycharles

I love razzaball but they usually have one huge hit (draymond) and one huge miss (McCollum). I expect this year that Nurkic will be their hit and Harris will be their miss. For what it's worth, their two main guys (JB and Slim) are vastly apart on Harris and regularly debate him

15 hours ago, Slickthenick said:

I love razzaball but they usually have one huge hit (draymond) and one huge miss (McCollum). I expect this year that Nurkic will be their hit and Harris will be their miss. For what it's worth, their two main guys (JB and Slim) are vastly apart on Harris and regularly debate him

razzball is quite drastic in their rankings, somehow i prefer elite fantasy basketball. i created my punt assist team based on their suggestions. 

• 2 weeks later...

According to coach Michael Malone, Gary Harris (groin) could play in the season opener.

Wow. Malone said that Harris is way ahead of schedule which contradicts a report by the Denver Post on Thursday. Malone added that he has a "real chance" to play in the opener, so this should improve his draft stock. Harris has mid-round upside and will be the starter at SG when healthy, so take advantage of his discounted price while you still can.

That would be awesome.