NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gary Harris 2016-2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Is he a poor mans Lavine? Well minus the points but added FG% and Steals.

He doesn't have the athleticism of LaVine, but he's a good shooter and can defend. Probably higher FG% due to taking less shots than LaVine IMO, but his shots will be mostly jumpers instead of close to the basket. I own him and LaVine in my 14 team dynasty.

More like a poor man's Devin Booker IMO.

Edited by cltubbs
19 minutes ago, cltubbs said:

More like a poor man's Devin Booker IMO.

Is he anything like Booker at all?

You guys grasping for comparisons here. He is the quintessential 3-and-D guy. That's why Malone loves him. I think he will find touches harder to come by this year though. Gallo, Nurkic, Chandler, Mudiay, Barton and Murray are all scorers. He'll be handy but if they all stay fit I think his ceiling is what he did after the all star; floor what he did before the all-star.

On 10/11/2016 at 8:34 AM, lpycharles said:

Someone happened to drop him in my league and I was able to get him by dropping Matt Barnes. It's interesting that razzball ranked harris at 160 while Barnes at 103. Hopefully we are all making the right judgement here in this chat group including myself! 

Bro. Someone just dropped him, and I was able to pick him up by dropping Matt Barnes too loll. I don't know if I made the right decision, but I really like this Harris kid. 

I think he's one of those guys whose average for the season would make him more useful in roto than in h2h.  He's going to have hot and cold streaks which is perfect for streaming in standard 12 man h2h.  My concern about him which I've expressed in the Wilson chandler thread is that he may be the odd man out on the rotation.  I may be wrong but I see Barton and chandler ahead of him on the depth chart.

26 minutes ago, c_dog said:

I think he's one of those guys whose average for the season would make him more useful in roto than in h2h.  He's going to have hot and cold streaks which is perfect for streaming in standard 12 man h2h.  My concern about him which I've expressed in the Wilson chandler thread is that he may be the odd man out on the rotation.  I may be wrong but I see Barton and chandler ahead of him on the depth chart.

Yeah. You dead wrong. Their starting SG and the guy they view as a central piece of their future, is not out of the rotation. Stop posting bull****. 

22 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Yeah. You dead wrong. Their starting SG and the guy they view as a central piece of their future, is not out of the rotation. Stop posting bull****. 

It's a speculation that could be wrong.  I understand he's younger but watching him play he's behind Barton in terms of talent level, and behind Chandler in skill level. I've avoided both Harris and Chandler in my drafts.  The logjam situation should be enough to make most people stay away, even if you don't think there's a talent/skill gap.

Barton on the other hand has definitely shown ability to be effective in limited minutes, whether he starts or not.

34 minutes ago, c_dog said:

It's a speculation that could be wrong.  I understand he's younger but watching him play he's behind Barton in terms of talent level, and behind Chandler in skill level. I've avoided both Harris and Chandler in my drafts.  The logjam situation should be enough to make most people stay away, even if you don't think there's a talent/skill gap.

Barton on the other hand has definitely shown ability to be effective in limited minutes, whether he starts or not.

No he's not. Harris is one of the most talented players on that team. Barton is, and will be, a career backup. But go ahead and go all over the same story we've seen last year again. Barton will back up SG, Chandler will back up SG, unless Denver trades players.

3 hours ago, MONEY BALL said:

It seems like a few people forgot how good of a player Wilson Chandler is when he's healthy.

Wilson Chandler was one of my favorite Knicks ever. Always seemed to be in the right place, at the right time. Was tough and physical on both sides of the ball. Him, plus Murray & Barton (who I view as an energy bench player), plus Nurkic playing more (less chances to kick Gallo to PF with the bigs the Nuggets can rotate), will make it very tough for Harris to match his 32 mpg from last year.

That said, Harris is absolutely a big part of the Nuggets present and future. He showed tremendous growth last year, consistently shooting the ball at a high % and playing rock solid defense. I expect him to still get around 1.5 3PM and 1.5 spg for the season, with points in the low-teens and solid %'s. Can't see him dipping too much below 30 mins, as he is probably the best SG on the Nuggets, despite the competition around him. 

5 hours ago, PuzzBeterson said:

This. And in a starting line-up that features Mudiay, Gallo, Jokic and Nurkic you don't need another ball dominant player. Gary Harris is an extremely solid 2-way player and a great fit for Denver's starting 5. 

Barton is a great player; I really like his game and he'll see plenty of 4th quarter minutes, but I agree with PuzzBeterson that he's a career back up (unless he'd play on the Nets or Sixers maybe, I mean someone has to score right?). He's a prototypical spark plug. He's Denver's Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams.

6 hours ago, c_dog said:

He started ahead of Barton and played 32 mpg last year, with the coaching staff raving about his improvement all season long. Now Chandler returns and he may be out of the rotation? What are you smoking?

On 10/26/2016 at 2:11 PM, Jake the snake said:

Is he anything like Booker at all?

You guys grasping for comparisons here. He is the quintessential 3-and-D guy. That's why Malone loves him. I think he will find touches harder to come by this year though. Gallo, Nurkic, Chandler, Mudiay, Barton and Murray are all scorers. He'll be handy but if they all stay fit I think his ceiling is what he did after the all star; floor what he did before the all-star.

He is more valuable than bookers empty point stat lines are in fantasy. 

14 pts 1.5 stls 1.5 3s. money in the bank 3 and D guy. let everyone sleep on him it's all good

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

He is more valuable than bookers empty point stat lines are in fantasy. 

14 pts 1.5 stls 1.5 3s. money in the bank 3 and D guy. let everyone sleep on him it's all good

Agree, although booker could go bonkers. 

I think Harris' scoring will be more like 12pts per game though. Still a handy glue guy

3 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Agree, although booker could go bonkers. 

I think Harris' scoring will be more like 12pts per game though. Still a handy glue guy

Malone wants Harris to take 3-4 more shots than he did last year. 

6 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Malone wants Harris to take 3-4 more shots than he did last year. 

How can he when Gallo missed most of the season (including Harris' post all star hot run), Nurk was on heavy minutes limits, Barton is still going to be the 6th man spark plug, Mudiay is going to take some...unless they run a crazy tempo I can't see how? I like this kid. Great work ethic and strong defender. He'll get mins, but I am just struggling to see him explode in terms of scoring which puts a cap on his upside