NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gary Harris 2016-2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Mike Malone said he's hoping he can get Gary Harris (foot) back "in the next week or so."

This quote comes after his first unit played some horrible defense, so it also suggests Malone really wants Harris back out there to help. Emmanuel Mudiay has also suggested how much Harris means. Y’all don’t understand. That man there makes my life so much easier." Mudiay said earlier this season. While he may not make it back next week, Harris is starting to make sense as a stash. His return would hurt Will Barton and Jamal Murray.

Good to know the team needs him just as much as my fantasy team needs him!
29 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Good to know the team needs him just as much as my fantasy team needs him!

Many people are saying that he was one of the best glue guys during the stretch run last year. Too bad he's out. Sad!

#HurryBack 

Edited by bkplayas
5 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Well they won't all be useful.  Depending on how good Murray becomes in a Microwave type role, we could be looking at the three of them eating each other's value, but I don't think it'll happen all that often.

Yeah, Murray is their future, so they may be thinking giving him quite a lot of minutes, so Harris could suffer from it. Quite hard decision for me: am I a beliver in decent Denver rotations for Harris or if I see bigger chances for a Bazemore revival in Atlanta. :)

15 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I don't know how to figure out denver's sg rotation. I still think harris would start, but his minutes my dip slightly since malone took a liking to murray. Hopefully the bulk of Murray's minutes would come from barton

And there is Nelson too. Playing quite well, could cut into SG minutes too.

4 minutes ago, pdids911 said:
On November 18, 2016 at 8:38 AM, scardz said:

yo, why the f--- did these idiots draft a SG when they have gary harris AND will barton?

Because he fell to them in the draft.  

36 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Damn, starting to regret not snatching him up from the waivers. 

Why? Hasnt shown anything yet and murray is coming up. Not to mention malones love affair with nelson.

Edited by deathrazor

I believe Harris' minutes will be safe when he comes back.  He helps space the floor and defends well which is important with the strong guards in the Western Conference.  Malone's rotations get more difficult to predict.  While he has a mandate to develop young players, he has to balance that with winning.  I can see Murray and Mudiay having their minutes dialed back a little.  In Mudiay's case, I believe coming off the bench might help him some.  I never quite understood the thinking of throwing a 19 year old PG with limited experience into big minutes as soon as he enters the NBA.  Nelson may end up with decent minutes at PG with a few minutes here and there at SG.  

3 hours ago, Kicker said:

yes,i had him last year really good glue guy,efficiency+steals .. always good minutes for denver rotations

He was very consistent and didn't hurt you anywhere. My fav pickup last year especially post Allstar. So underrated.