NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giancarlo Stanton 2017 Outlook

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Hope the Marlins build around him with new ownership. If you don't keep a guy like that you might as well fold 

Have a feeling this ownership will come right in and make hay ala the Dodgers when current owners purchased from McCourt.  Marlins have some nice pieces.  This team isn't that far off.  Fernandez death was really devastating on short term.  Losing a cheap cost controlled bonafide #1 starter in this pitching climate cannot be overcome on the immediate.  Will be interesting to see what kind of moves Jeter and Co. make.

9 minutes ago, Magoo said:

wow

Completely in awe, just when we were going to start talking about Judge as the better masher, Stanton puts on a rocket show. I'm still surprised when he hits one out, he has the skill to be the best player of all time. I mean man he's already at 251-52? With 10 more years in his prime? No doubt in my mind.

Edited by austinrbreeden
On 8/13/2017 at 7:31 PM, MJDrocks said:

I remember when I thought Judge was better than Stanton for a brief period.  Crazy how things have changed so dramatically in a month.

I never thought that. As great as Judge was playing it was still just half a season.

Edited by Evincar