NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dynasty - Schroder/Vonleh v Dieng/Porter

LuSamSiam

Dieng & Porter for me. They're the better players for fantasy right now, but also the safer bets for the future as you already know what you're going to get (more or less).

Schroder can be useful for some teams, but to become a better player than Dieng overall he'll either require a solid bump in FG% or will need to add more 3s/steals to his game. Vonleh I'm not sure he will ever become a viable fantasy player; I mean he could, but everything is still uncertain with this guy.

I know in my dynasty league, the Schroeder owner just turned down my offer of Dieng. That one really is team need, but I like the chance on getting a star (or MCW, I guess, if he flames out). I like Dieng, don't get me wrong, but there are cheap bigs each year who could at least fake his numberish.

Porter is better than Vonlah, but Oubre is lying in wait. That's a guy to move (Porter) while people think he's a solid starter and young and promising. He's a scud: looks dangerous from afar, but not at all when you get close range.

1 hour ago, Johnny Tuttle said:

I know in my dynasty league, the Schroeder owner just turned down my offer of Dieng. That one really is team need, but I like the chance on getting a star (or MCW, I guess, if he flames out). I like Dieng, don't get me wrong, but there are cheap bigs each year who could at least fake his numberish.

Porter is better than Vonlah, but Oubre is lying in wait. That's a guy to move (Porter) while people think he's a solid starter and young and promising. He's a scud: looks dangerous from afar, but not at all when you get close range.

Those were my thoughts exactly on Otto Porter and why I included him. As far as Dieng, I don't see him being a starter down the line in his career even though he's a great fantasy asset when he gets minutes; I see him eventually as the first big off the bench for a team. That's why I'm trying to move him now for some value, and I think Schroder can become a top PG in the league. Do you agree about Dieng or do you see him remaining a starter for the majority of his career?

I agree with you: I think he's a sell high. The only issue is that is we're too far ahead of the curve. Only the heads are seeing him as a super valuable asset this year, let alone looking to get out from him.

I'm putting feelers out for him now, including exactly Schroeder, but I'm getting no's now. I'm trying to elevate his value in my league a bit by my asks, but I'm being wary not to make it sound like I'm desperate to get out from him. I figure I have until the trading deadline anyway: he'll produce this year, and Thibs rides starters.

Archived