NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jean Segura 2017 Outlook

17 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/mlb/la-sp-baseball-notes-20170607-story.html

Doesn't it seem a little odd that they signed him to a 5 year, 70 million dollar extension a week after his injury? Especially since he's been on the DL multiple times this year. I think that's probably playing into him looking to come back as soon as possible.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/237071932/mariners-jean-segura-set-to-return-soon/

"I was very bullish in my statements that we could try to get him on the field here in Texas," Mariners manager Servais said prior to Saturday's game with the Rangers.

"Segura said he initially thought he broke the ankle when he slid awkwardly in the game against the Rockies at Safeco Field. He still feels soreness in the joint, but is eager to get back into action." "I'm pretty close," Segura said. "I'm moving well. I'm moving enough. I'm not 100 percent yet, but I'm moving well. By Monday, it should be even better because day by day it's feeling more comfortable and less sore."

"We're going to leave Segura and [Mitch] Haniger at the top," Servais said.

On the base paths:

2015: 33/43 (77% success rate)

2016 before hamstring injury (8 games): 3/3 (100%)

2016 after hamstring injury (35 games): 4/10 (40%) 

M's pretty much said they're not rebuilding by giving him that contract.

Just about every team in the AL has a shot at the wild card, so they wanna get him back in the lineup ASAP, even if he's not 100%.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I still think it's crazy that he's starting a rehab today after a high ankle sprain a couple weeks ago.

Maybe he'll hit 3 HRs and be back in the lineup tomorrow.

He is suppose 2 be back on Wednesday..

Jean Segura (ankle) is on track for activation from the disabled list on Wednesday or Thursday.
Segura will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Tacoma on Monday as their designated hitter before then playing shortstop Tuesday. He could be activated after that if he feels well, but it's possible he'll need an additional game before being activated Thursday. Either way, fantasy owners will be getting the shortstop back soon.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

what do his numbers this year come out to in 162 games?

112 runs, 17 la bombas, 81 ribeye steak samwhiches, 26 weed baggies, and a .343 average. 

SHIP THAT s--- ON OVA.

Edited by hangin n wangin
1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

112 runs, 17 la bombas, 81 ribeye steak samwhiches, 26 weed baggies, and a .343 average. 

SHIP THAT s--- ON OVA.

daaaamn thats a year and a half for some shortstops.

where would that rank him you think?

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

daaaamn thats a year and a half for some shortstops.

where would that rank him you think?

Top 15 overall fa sho

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

He's already top 10 and he's missed quite a few games this year. He would easily be top 5.

not talking about Shortstop, im talking about overall...

it's kind of funny how after villar and segura both did what they did last year, the draft market treated villar like the real deal and segura like he was probably more of a fluke

personally i believed in both more or less completely, but was a little more confident in segura if anything because of his high contact ability vs villar's strikeouts

people kind of overreacted to the park change

2 minutes ago, wily mo said:

it's kind of funny how after villar and segura both did what they did last year, the draft market treated villar like the real deal and segura like he was probably more of a fluke

personally i believed in both more or less completely, but was a little more confident in segura if anything because of his high contact ability vs villar's strikeouts

people kind of overreacted to the park change

i agree....and i still like seattles offense behind him.  not sure how many years cruz has left tho, but seattle has shown they will spend money.  traded for him in my keeper when he was on DL, and i couldnt be happier