• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, herschel said:

not much to see here.  how has he been recently?  considering making a trade for him....

Same boat here, need a SS with CO out and may end up keeping him long term. Looks like he's slumping some since the ASB, but he hit .300 in July with 4 steals. Just has had a lot of singles with a few doubles mixed in lately. Kind of odd that he has 4 homeruns at home and only 2 on the road, yet he's slugging around .460 on the road and .415 at home. His batted ball profile looks pretty similar to what it was last year but he's hitting the ball to center a fair amount more than last year, so he may just be hitting his flyballs to the deep part of the park, hence the lack of taters. Really wish he'd have ended up in a hitters park, but he's still been pretty solid at short. 100r/15hr/70ribs/25 steals and a 300 avg 800+ OPS is definitely not going to hurt you at short.

3 minutes ago, KrunK said:

Same boat here, need a SS with CO out and may end up keeping him long term. Looks like he's slumping some since the ASB, but he hit .300 in July with 4 steals. Just has had a lot of singles with a few doubles mixed in lately. Kind of odd that he has 4 homeruns at home and only 2 on the road, yet he's slugging around .460 on the road and .415 at home. His batted ball profile looks pretty similar to what it was last year but he's hitting the ball to center a fair amount more than last year, so he may just be hitting his flyballs to the deep part of the park, hence the lack of taters. Really wish he'd have ended up in a hitters park, but he's still been pretty solid at short. 100r/15hr/70ribs/25 steals and a 300 avg 800+ OPS is definitely not going to hurt you at short.

I've owned him all year and this is a great synopsis.  He is certainly not going to hurt you at SS because he has a very safe floor.  He isn't really standing out like last season due to the lack of power so far but maybe he can finish strong again.  Last year he hit twice as many HR's post ASB then he did pre ASB in 60 less AB's.  He is honestly appears to be on the same exact pace.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, borindia said:

WTH is up with him?  Is he hurt?  AVG approaching sub-300 territory.

Still time to pick it up. Are we really complaining about him dropping below sub .300?

True, he hasn't been amazing since he came back from the initial hamstring. But he's not killing you at SS.

Just looks like a normal slump to me.  I used it as an opportunity to buy low in dynasty.  ESPN has him as the #8 SS even having missed almost a month to injury.  It's hard to deal for that kind of talent at a scarce position in keeper/dynasty formats.

It's been about a week since I had the urge to go into panic mode regarding Jean the hitting machine... problem is there is nobody available that has is upside and I'm fairly confident he can still turn it around.  Giving him until Saturday before he hits the pine on my squad and then I'll stream for as long as necessary

8 hours ago, High&Inside said:

For those thinking about dropping. 

Jorge polanco and his 28% ownership says hello.

Its the time of the year where getting caught in past production can cost you in the playoffs. Polanco is en fuego.

Completely thinking the same thing. Polanco was just dropped by a team in my league andnim considering making the swap. Playoffs start next week and as much as I love Segura it's the time of year to ride the hot hand.

Undroppable in my CBS H2H league. I've appealed twice now and got the same response. Too much value for the rest of the season. Really could use the roster spot fighting for a playoff spot with one week to go in two leagues.