NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jose Ramirez 2017 Outlook

jfazz23

2016 was a breakout year for Jose.  He was 23 years old most of the year and hit 312, 84 runs, 11hr, 76rbi, 22 SB, and a 825 OPS

which numbers, if any, will he improve on in 2017???  is this his peak?  or is he still rising as a 24 year old?

what position eligibility will he have next year?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Trader Mac said:

Not sure who your other keepers are, but I would think Ramirez would be a must-keeper in 2017.

Ramirez will and should have an ADP around 150 IMHO with upside.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2016 at 10:37 AM, BigPapi44 said:

Guys, does he qualify for "MI" only in Yahoo for 2017?  He exceeded 10 games combined at both 2B/SS, not sure how it works or if he will only be 3B/OF.  Thanks.

I would guess it is based at being either eligible at SS and/or eligible at 2B but not a combo.  As in you have to be eligible at a real middle infield position to qualify as a MI. 

Not 100% sure to say that given I don't play in leagues with MI's.  But I seriously doubt they have some special "MI flag" that pops up in their software when it would be easier to go by an actual position eligibility. 

Remember there is a core software and all the bells and whistles stuff like made up positions like MI and CI have to be derived from that software somehow.  Also remember that Yahoo standard (base) leagues which is what you see in a private league too until/unless the commish starts changing options are all 9 positions plus 2 utility slots for hitters.  There are no MI or CI slots except in those private leagues that add them thus they would be considered bells and whistles territory.

(Question?  If you look at the Yahoo player eligibility page the chart in my leagues doesn't have a pathway to MI or CI and how many games needed to same.  Does it appear on leagues that have MI and CI?).

So again my guess is the basis is being eligible at one of those two positions (SS/2B).  If not both.  If not then not.  He started 3 games each at SS and 2B so didn't start at any position for 5 games.

He "appeared" at SS in 5 games and "appeared" at 2B in 9 games which doesn't meet the 10 game "appearances" alternative.  So I'd say he will only get 3B/OF going into next year.

Amd if a CI is used in a league his 3B eligibility could translate into that position as well I guess.

• 2 months later...

I'd actually prefer people give me the next Jose Ramirez (NL only preferably). His 2016 thread was started mid-April and didn't get 5 posts until May. I searched the Deep Sleepers thread last year and nobody mentioned him. (Do I get credit for Drury & Duvall?)

But yeah, he's still not getting enough love. Even if you believe in the roller coaster of Babip (230 in 2015 vs 330 in 2016) to bring the average down despite very good contact and BB/K skillz and maybe not quite 78 rbi from the middle of that lineup again (just due to maybe bleh luck in opportunities), he's still a top 100 player imo.

But again, find me the next Jose Ramirez coming into 2017 hidden with a suppressed Babip, multi positional and yet to carve out 350+ PAs. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, taobball said:

Same. I can't believe some people think Lindor is top 20 and Ramirez isn't top 100. 

Where would you say he has more value, 3b or OF??

edit: btw, did my 2nd yahoo mock and just grabbed him 136th.  got him 120 something earlier today

Edited by jfazz23

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

Where would you say he has more value, 3b or OF??

edit: btw, did my 2nd yahoo mock and just grabbed him 136th.  got him 120 something earlier today

Ugh, Jose Ramirez is going to be the guy I get in 3 leagues, and in 3 leagues I will pass on him because I think I can wait a round, but I just can't fathom not picking him even if its' in every league at the end of the top 100. 

As per the question it obviously depends. No CI 5 OF? OF. CI 3 OF? May be a bit closer. I think most of the time he ends up in my OF in a 5 OF, but that's not really something I'm giving a tone of thought to. 

4 hours ago, bbythepier said:

I'd actually prefer people give me the next Jose Ramirez (NL only preferably). His 2016 thread was started mid-April and didn't get 5 posts until May. I searched the Deep Sleepers thread last year and nobody mentioned him. (Do I get credit for Drury & Duvall?)

But yeah, he's still not getting enough love. Even if you believe in the roller coaster of Babip (230 in 2015 vs 330 in 2016) to bring the average down despite very good contact and BB/K skillz and maybe not quite 78 rbi from the middle of that lineup again (just due to maybe bleh luck in opportunities), he's still a top 100 player imo.

But again, find me the next Jose Ramirez coming into 2017 hidden with a suppressed Babip, multi positional and yet to carve out 350+ PAs. Thanks in advance.

This guy only meets 2 of your 3 criterias ... Jose Peraza.  Dependent upon Brandon Phillips trade or injuries at 2B, SS or CF.

Multi-positional and less than 350 ABs.  However, his BA disqualifies him from your request.

Nevertheless he should provide solid value 

Another guy that only meets 2 of your 3 is Orlando Arcia of the suppressed BABIP and less than 350 ABs.  However he lacks mutil-positional.

Like his chances to be a productive MI at a very cheap cost.

Edited by jb_power

1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

Said it last year and I'll say it again this year.... Kid can rake.  Vastly under rated still.  Just monitor the difference in ADP between Jose Ramirez and Francisco Lindor.... It's insane.

I went into my first Yahoo mock and I just kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and I was like... f---. 

7 minutes ago, taobball said:

I went into my first Yahoo mock and I just kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and I was like... f---. 

hes going crazy late in yahoo mocks right? like 120-150.  Lets be quiet so it stays that way