NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jose Ramirez 2017 Outlook

jfazz23

Boy its good when you get something right (like waiting on him in the draft because you knew you're other league mates were too stupid to see his potential) but man does it suck when you are wrong (picking up Schwarber in the 4th round). 

Jose showed all the signs last year that he was going to breakout in a substantial way but the biggest thing that stood out to me was his low K rate. In my opinion that's one of the key clues that a kid is going to rake in the future especially at such a young age. 

Congrats on the starting the All Star game brah, you deserve it. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't compare players to start an argument or suggest any one player is better.  I just wanted to share, in order, who the top two players were over the last 30 days in a league that also counts OBP and SLG.

J-Ram: 30/9/19/3   .400/.439/.817

Judge: 30/11/24/1 .337/.477/.723

J-Ram OPS: 1.256

Judge OPS: 1.200

Edited by codyodea

8 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Kipnis/Brantley needs to take a page from Cody Allen, offer to swap batting positions with Ramirez like how Allen did with Miller with regards to pitching the 8th/9th innings.

Even the players on this team know their roles better than the manager.

Kipnis presumably out 3-4 weeks w/ a hamstring injury.  Anyone who follows Cleveland think JoRam might pickup 4 appearances at 2B in the meantime?  Suuuure would be nice for him to get 2B eligibility for next season.

Edited by ragrag

47 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Kipnis presumably out 3-4 weeks w/ a hamstring injury.  Anyone who follows Cleveland think JoRam might pickup 4 appearances at 2B in the meantime?  Suuuure would be nice for him to get 2B eligibility for next season.

I think it's possible, but their best replacement option is Erik Gonzalez and he plays 2nd base. They brought up Giovanni Urshela and he plays 3rd so it is entirely possible that Urshela plays 3rd and JRam plays 2nd 4 more times. Just depends who gets hot Gonzalez or Urshela (both right handed batters FWIW)

4 hours ago, ragrag said:

3 hours ago, StevoSupremo89 said:

I think it's possible, but their best replacement option is Erik Gonzalez and he plays 2nd base. They brought up Giovanni Urshela and he plays 3rd so it is entirely possible that Urshela plays 3rd and JRam plays 2nd 4 more times. Just depends who gets hot Gonzalez or Urshela (both right handed batters FWIW)

Urshela came in tonight and played 3B shifting JRam to 2B. That puts him at 17 now.

11 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Word is that Chisenhall suffered a calf injury.  CLE fans, what are the chances Gonzalez plays 2nd, Urshela 3rd and JoRam gets some starts for Chisenhall in RF?

I don't think the chances are very good. They have Almonte who was already in the rotation, plus Austin Jackson to take AB's. Guyer was just recently activated from the DL and generally hits very well against lefties. Robertson and Naquin are other options to bring up since they are on the 40 man roster. 

From a fantasy perspective, I hope that I am wrong, but I see too many options to replace Chisenhall with outfielders for Francona (or Brad Mills) to play Ramirez in the OF. 

Just found this on front page 

Tyler Naquin - OF -  Indians

Tyler Naquin has joined the Indians in Oakland.

He's expected to replace Lonnie Chisenhall, who is headed to the disabled list with a strained calf. Naquin has spent the last three months in the minors, hitting .309 over 123 at-bats for Triple-A Columbus. He's already had success at the major league level, hitting .296 for the Tribe last year while finishing third in AL Rookie of the Year voting. Naquin will share time in right field with Abraham Almonte and Brandon Guyer.

2 hours ago, ragrag said:

Word is that Chisenhall suffered a calf injury.  CLE fans, what are the chances Gonzalez plays 2nd, Urshela 3rd and JoRam gets some starts for Chisenhall in RF?

1 hour ago, StevoSupremo89 said:

I don't think the chances are very good. They have Almonte who was already in the rotation, plus Austin Jackson to take AB's. Guyer was just recently activated from the DL and generally hits very well against lefties. Robertson and Naquin are other options to bring up since they are on the 40 man roster. 

From a fantasy perspective, I hope that I am wrong, but I see too many options to replace Chisenhall with outfielders for Francona (or Brad Mills) to play Ramirez in the OF. 

So much for the OF eligibility for next season...

4 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

LOL@ top 5 2B. 

More like potential top 5 draft pick at this point.

I love J-Ram as much as the next guy but that is crazy talk, LOL.

Trout

Goldshmidt

Harper

Betts

Altuve

Blackmon

Correa

Arenado

Freeman

Votto

Judge

Machado

Springer

with Kershaw sprinkled in anywhere from 4-5 on.

Edited by Gryfter

just another example of someone not putting enough emphasis on a high floor and 5 cat player at a scarce position. 

JoRam doesn't need 40 bombs and 120 rbi 

a nice .300 20 20 100 100 type season with 2B eligibility at 25 years old will be enough to put him in the 1st round discussion. 

Edited by EmbargoLifted

6 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

just another example of someone not putting enough emphasis on a high floor and 5 cat player at a scarce position. 

JoRam doesn't need 40 bombs and 120 rbi 

a nice .300 20 20 100 100 type season with 2B eligibility at 25 years old will be enough to put him in the 1st round discussion. 

Nice to see him batting 5th to allow sub .550 OPS Branden Guyer to bat in the top 4. Such a shame. JoseRam is a stud. Bat your dang studs in the top half of the order.

Edited by hailtoyourvictor