Jose Ramirez 2017 Outlook

jfazz23

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Steelers0087 said:

He is a great player.

Lindor is very good too....but i think Jose Ram can finish close to, or above Lindor this year.  Lindor has REALLY impressed me though

Edited by jfazz23

36 minutes ago, Djop20 said:

Any thoughts on the lack of steals? 

Do you think he will hit 20 SB again this year?

a little bit, has he been caught stealing yet?  im wondering why francona doesnt hit him and lindor 1st and 2nd TBH.  i know Carlos santana is usually a good OBP guy, but i think right now santana is better suited for the 5 hole.  im wondering if he got bumped up would he steal more?  it seems like the logical move until kipnis gets back.  thats gonna be a good lineup when he does.  plus that pitching staff and the bullpen...indians might be AL favorite if they stay healthy TBH

1 hour ago, 33legend said:

I'll be following the Lindor vs. Ramirez matchup.  Right now, their fantasy production has been close to identical so far.

Ya'll called me crazy when I said this 2 offseasons ago.

Jose is a beast one of the best eyes in the game.  Is developing power at a rate I didn't think possible.  His LD% is through the roof just under 30% yet he's elevating the ball more than ever.  This guy is just a beast of a hitter.

6 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Ya'll called me crazy when I said this 2 offseasons ago.

Jose is a beast one of the best eyes in the game.  Is developing power at a rate I didn't think possible.  His LD% is through the roof just under 30% yet he's elevating the ball more than ever.  This guy is just a beast of a hitter.

think he hits 20 homers this year?

34 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

This guy got some crazy swag about him. I love watching him trot around the bases after he hits a homer. Hope he's not bumped down to 6th in the order once Kipnis comes back. Have to assume Kip leads off and hopefully .200ish hitting Carlos Santana is bumped to the 6th spot. 

Yeah, that is tough. I have Santana, so I hope he doesn't drop down, but I am not sure what you do. Ramirez may be their best hitter right now. Brantley is definitely back, so he is going nowhere.

They like Santana leading off, and he is much better than he is playing right now. Also, I am not sure it matters. That lineup is fully stacked.

10 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

There were many with a man crush on this guy to start the season, but @taobball is the reason I own this stud in a lot of leagues. Thanks, sir. 

Same here, 100% shares in him, the Kipnis injury and him adding 2b was just icing on the top, I took him last pick in the 6th round at the 6/7 turn in a $100 yahoo league(3 of & 2 util) and spent $18 on him in a $200 espn league(1ci, 1mi, 3 of & 1 util)

1 hour ago, MugsyBogues said:

There were many with a man crush on this guy to start the season, but @taobball is the reason I own this stud in a lot of leagues. Thanks, sir. 

Ditto that, Props to Taobball.

I reached for him early during my draft because of his preseason write-ups.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The one that got away.

The combination of batting average, HRs, SBs and multi position eligibility seems 2nd-round-pick esque.

I mean, he is on a huge power binge that I don't expect to continue. I'm not worried about the lack of SB, but it would be a concern a month or two from now. I would say closer to late third, but compared to his ADP, complete steal.

There we go, 1st SB today.

I don't want to Jinx it, but his walk rate is also way up.  Of course it doesn't hurt that the Indians bottom half is relatively putrid, compared to their stellar top 5.  

I don't wish injury on others, but if..Michael Brantley..if he does get injured..JR goes to the Number 3 spot probably and the fun really begins.

So, Kipnis is coming back. What does this mean?

Currently

Santana-Lindor-Brantley-E5-Ramirez-Chisenhall-Diaz-Almote-Perez

That top 5 is legit.

Santana - He led off for a lot of last year. Most likely candidate to shift, and has been struggling...but I think they keep the trust in him.

Lindor - Nope, not moving.

Brantley - Showing that he is back. When he is out they throw Guyer in here which is stupid, but Maybe Kipnis goes here? If not, move Ramirez up and Kipnis 5th?

E5 - Going nowhere.

Ramirez - HOT HOT HOT no way he gets bumped down.

Most likely candidate is Kipnis leading off and Santana going 6th. Which is huge for Ramirez's run totals. This lineup is going to be incredible.

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Tito has stated how he loves J Ram protecting Encarnacion. Glad he kept him in the 5 spot. I think eventually if Santana continues to struggle with average he swaps with Kipnis.

Awwww yessss. I heard that too. Honestly, that bums me out, because I think a 1-2-3 of J-Ram-Lindor-Brantley would be incredible and Santana would do a fine job of protecting E5. However, this is huge for Ramirez. Having a legitimate hitter behind him can only help. Huge year in store for him.