NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jose Ramirez 2017 Outlook

jfazz23

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.337/.394/.614 with 6 HR, 19 RBI, 11 R and 2 SB in just 22 games. Currently 26th overall on the Yahoo player rater. Absolute beast.

He's hit out of the 5 spot in every game, behind EE and in front of Kipnis now that he's back from the DL. Should continue to get plenty of pitches to hit especially if EE and/or Kipnis get going themselves. Runs scored and steals might not be as high as we thought but will still be good enough to help. However, I can see 20 HR and 100 RBI being realistic at this point and that would more than make up for the other counting stats. The AVG is going to stay above .300 as well.

He is hitting .500 (18/36) at home this year so far too.

29 minutes ago, b0nfire said:

He should be in the 3 hole instead of a scrub named Brandon Guyer....

Michael Brantley (who is off to a good start himself) usually hits third. He just sat yesterday due to the pitching matchup/routine maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 11:26 AM, jb_power said:

I don't like it as a Ramirez owner but I think he gets bumped down to 6th.

Personally I'd have him at leadoff or 2nd but alas I don't fill out the Indians lineup card.

That's what I thought Francona would do.  Don't like it and don't agree with it but it is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ragrag said:

If this guy didn't have 2B/3B/OF eligibility I'd have already cut him.  He's been useless for a while now.  

I did. Didn't want to for the same exact reason but he won't hit no matter how many positions he can play. I just couldn't take the boredom anymore. But I'll keep an eye on him in case he returns from wherever he's been hiding.

25 minutes ago, Redbird said:

I did. Didn't want to for the same exact reason but he won't hit no matter how many positions he can play. I just couldn't take the boredom anymore. But I'll keep an eye on him in case he returns from wherever he's been hiding.

He's good. The first month wasn't a fluke. I think this is more of a benching situation than dropping.

33 minutes ago, mtblock said:

He's good. The first month wasn't a fluke. I think this is more of a benching situation than dropping.

If he had a longer track record I'd have kept him. Because I keep a big pitching staff and have Longoria and Pujols also struggling (but with their track records I have to keep them) I cut him. But if he shows signs of life I'll grab him and hope for the best.

The thing I'm worried about is the fall-off in steals.  He's only 2-for-5 on attempts this year, which is the kind of start that can get your manager putting the red light on.  I think the bat will come around -- it won't be as hot as April, but it'll be serviceable at 2B/MI -- but without the steals, he falls into Just Another Guy territory.