brockpapersizer

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

reminds me of max scherzer ... anyone who gives up after all this time is gonna miss out. 

lol, that's quite a stretch.

"That mediocre pitcher reminds me of Nolan Ryan"

Edited by Roto4500

1 minute ago, rdf8585 said:

4 hits and 4 ER before even recording an out today against Boston.

Starting to wonder if he's pitching hurt.... brutal start to the season.

Or maybe he's just overrated trash, I'm thinking the latter.

2 minutes ago, quietj said:

Or maybe he's just overrated trash, I'm thinking the latter.

I don't see the hype and he's throwing his only dominate pitch, the splitter far less in favor of his slider which is a cement mixer that's getting bombed all over the yard.  If he's going to ditch the splitter he's a JAG IMO.  That's the pitch that sets him apart, but seemingly a lot of guys are ditching that pitch.  If he becomes fastball - slider 90+% of time he will profile as a 4.25+ era guy with likely a s*** whip given his inability to throw strikes consistently.  

18 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I don't see the hype and he's throwing his only dominate pitch, the splitter far less in favor of his slider which is a cement mixer that's getting bombed all over the yard.  If he's going to ditch the splitter he's a JAG IMO.  That's the pitch that sets him apart, but seemingly a lot of guys are ditching that pitch.  If he becomes fastball - slider 90+% of time he will profile as a 4.25+ era guy with likely a s*** whip given his inability to throw strikes consistently.  

But why are pitchers ditching it, injury concerns? I thought the slider was just as taxing as the split. Schilling pitched forever using it.

10 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

No way you can start him @NYY later this week. All we can do is hope he gets straightened out and is not injured.

I wouldn't start him against my son's AAU team right now. 4 runs on 8 pitches vs Bosox. UG-LEE. 

It looked like he was making a step in the right direction with 4 scoreless against the Yankees. Then crap hit the fan and he ended up with 5 ER on 8 hits over 6. Walked 2, fanned 3.

He finishes a shockingly bad April with a 7.50 ERA, a 1.970 WHIP and a troubling 17/20 BB/K over 30 IP. Opponents are hitting .328 off him.

Gausman's night ended in the 2nd inning tonight after hitting Bogaerts with a 77 MPH pitch. Even considering the heat the series has had, that's insane. If a pitcher is going to intentionally hit someone, they're not going to do it with a 77 MPH pitch. Apparently, he was tossed without a warning.