NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jerami Grant 2016-2017 Season Outlook

I think his minutes will definitely be up from last year. He can log minutes at both SF and PF. Even if he doesn't start, I see him playing 30 mins per game due to lack of decent SF/PFs on the roster. Similar to Wilson Chandler in Denver, who doesn't start (because of Jokic/Gallinari), but gets 30+ mins per game, playing both forward spots.

Edited by Lockdown
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, markus85 said:

This seems over the top for a weak shooter - with strong rebounders around him. 

i was joking.  he'll be in line what he was putting up last year, i see no reason how he could do better.  he is who he is.

2 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

If this guys start, does Robertson get the boot to the bench or are they going to play Grant at the 4?

Well, if he's playing PF then he will at least take over the 20 minutes that Ersan was playing. Not sure how many of Sabonis' 14 minutes he can get. 

10 minutes ago, BAKIBAKI said:

This guy's fantasy value might actually get worse with more minutes considering those percentages.

If his percentages become unbearable he's an easy drop. He's essentially a cheap lotto ticket.

Edited by JEREMY LIN

Lol so he will be be a Rondae Hollis Jefferson except actually get stocks. That guy got drafted right? I am taking a flier those stocks on the wing are nice. They have the personnel to run and hopefully get him some easy stuff in transition.  If anyone can get him some easy shots to boost those % it's Westbrook. 

8 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Lol so he will be be a Rondae Hollis Jefferson except actually get stocks. That guy got drafted right?

Well, yeah. RHJ also was 150 spots higher in his per-minute numbers last year, so I'm not sure what you're implying.

I don't know that RHJ is 150 spots higher based in this year's numbers and he is rostered. The Thunder gave up a conditional first rounder. They obviously have interest and intend to use the guy. So the stocks should be there which is what you use him for. 

8 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I don't know that RHJ is 150 spots higher based in this year's numbers and he is rostered.

You mean in the sample size that's 30 times smaller? Enjoy your league title, you're way ahead of the curve.