NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jerami Grant 2016-2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You mean in the sample size that's 30 times smaller? Enjoy your league title, you're way ahead of the curve.

You really take things personal... Rondae's per 36 numbers are based on 29 games last year that he played 21 min/g. So that is a huge sample size. 

Just trying to highlight the fact they are a very similar type of player - Stocks, good rebounds, questions about offensive game. Grant is going to a far more talented team where he will likely receive the least attention by opposing defense which you could guess would help his %s. 

A more useful point would have been highlighting the Sixers have been very conducive to picking up steals over the past few seasons. So maybe his stocks will actually come down. 

11 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I think this was more of a financial trade than actual basketball trade 

http://dailythunder.com/instant-analysis-thunder-trade-for-jerami-grant/

OKC freed up over $7 million which will allow them flexibility in future trades.

Probably that too, but...

8a42zGh.png

And they gave up a first. Obviously he's gonna be in some sort of role.

28 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

You really take things personal... Rondae's per 36 numbers are based on 29 games last year that he played 21 min/g. So that is a huge sample size. 

Just trying to highlight the fact they are a very similar type of player - Stocks, good rebounds, questions about offensive game. Grant is going to a far more talented team where he will likely receive the least attention by opposing defense which you could guess would help his %s. 

A more useful point would have been highlighting the Sixers have been very conducive to picking up steals over the past few seasons. So maybe his stocks will actually come down. 

Massive reach. Just embarrassing.

Grant isn't a good rebounder. Never has been. Where exactly are all of you people getting this well-rounded fantasy player from? He was a positive in blocks and turnovers last year. Per game, per 36, totals, everything. Every team is better than the Sixers, but I'm not sure wearing a different shade of blue is going to teach him to shoot free throws.

Edited by miasma16
12 minutes ago, MONEY BALL said:

Probably that too, but...

8a42zGh.png

And they gave up a first. Obviously he's gonna be in some sort of role.

The first round pick they gave up was top 20 protected. It's better to have a Jerami Grant for $850k than it is to draft an unknown rookie who will cost more (30th pick in 2017 draft will cost about $1 million/year). Basically OKC freed up $7 million AND for a better, cheaper asset.

i think this is the setup for a bigger move. OKC can now trade Kanter and the $7 million cap space for a max contract player, or do a smaller trade with guys like Singler and absorb other team'a salary. 

5 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

The first round pick they gave up was top 20 protected. It's better to have a Jerami Grant for $850k than it is to draft an unknown rookie who will cost more (30th pick in 2017 draft will cost about $1 million/year). Basically OKC freed up $7 million AND for a better, cheaper asset.

i think this is the setup for a bigger move. OKC can now trade Kanter and the $7 million cap space for a max contract player, or do a smaller trade with guys like Singler and absorb other team'a salary. 

Rudy Gay most likely.

I was expecting him to do well in the shooting dept. this year as he's been working his a** off on it all offseason, and it just isn't there. He's one of the only SFs who drags you down so heavily in FT%, and I can't take that on my teams. I cut bait pretty early on, I'm not going to pick him back up unless he somehow makes a miraculous turnaround in the shooting department. 

I took his April from last season to heart, and I have to remind myself that April stats are incredibly inflated, most of the scrubs show up during April because stars are being rested and teams are essentially playing bench vs bench in the last 6 or so games unless they're fighting for a playoff spot. 

Picked him up, but don't plan on playing him on my roto squad; don't want to have to deal with the big negative impact he has on FT. What I am hoping for though is that he put together a couple of decent games with high minutes, and a good number of stocks, so I can try to trade him for a decent rotation piece. Might be not work out, but then again I dropped another ww pickup for him.

22 minutes ago, WFK said:

Picked him up, but don't plan on playing him on my roto squad; don't want to have to deal with the big negative impact he has on FT. What I am hoping for though is that he put together a couple of decent games with high minutes, and a good number of stocks, so I can try to trade him for a decent rotation piece. Might be not work out, but then again I dropped another ww pickup for him.

He can obliterate the FG% as well so you prob won't start him much in roto unless you become desperate for blocks.

1 hour ago, skiteam14 said:

He can obliterate the FG% as well so you prob won't start him much in roto unless you become desperate for blocks.

Yeah I totally agree, that's why I don't think he'll play a single game for my team. If however, he ends up averaging something like 1.5 - 1.7 bpg and around 10 ppg I'm sure some owner (either one desperate for blocks or an owner of Drummond/DJ/Dwight) will be willing to give up a player who's better than whatever is available on the WW.