NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kapri Bibbs 2016 Season Outlook

beerfish

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, iloveopenbar said:

my guess is that they sign someone. booker himself isn't great a pass protection

How true is this and to what extent? That's kind of huge.

3 minutes ago, Pernil said:

maybe gets a few touches, they may sign some off the street RB too

1 minute ago, iloveopenbar said:

my guess is that they sign someone. booker himself isn't great a pass protection

Doubt it. Bibbs plays special teams and he's been with the team going through last season. He's a capable RB already acclimated to the playbook.

7 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

How true is this and to what extent? That's kind of huge.

maybe i worded it wrong. what i meant is that he is a rookie and coaches have described him as "getting better" or "making progress" which leads me to believe that there are some things he might not be up to speed on.

i have no doubt that booker's the man now, but both booker and bibbs are rookies. i think they bring in a veteran back for depth and experience and he'll probably lessen bibbs value

2 minutes ago, iloveopenbar said:

maybe i worded it wrong. what i meant is that he is a rookie and coaches have described him as "getting better" or "making progress" which leads me to believe that there are some things he might not be up to speed on.

i have no doubt that booker's the man now, but both booker and bibbs are rookies. i think they bring in a veteran back for depth and experience and he'll probably lessen bibbs value

This is Bibbs' second year with the Broncos.

I'm not as impressed with Bibbs after watching this highlight reel. Looks like he has patience and vision, but I'm just not seeing any explosion or top tier lateral quickness that's eye popping. Some stuff I reading.....

Fantasy Outlook:

"Fantasy Outlook:

Bibbs’ lack of pass protection experience could hamper his efforts at the NFL level. That sort of thing is what kept Montee Ball off of the field last season and countless others in recent memory as the league’s offenses have evolved. Bibbs’ knack for the end zone is uncanny, though, and in a situation where he can have a year or so to learn the position, we could see him develop into a solid 1-b-like option in a committee. He has room to grow through his body and we could see him getting up to 220 pounds without much trouble or sacrifice to his running style." - rosterwatch.com

NFL.com Scouting Report:

"Strengths

Good initial quickness. Nice vision and balance. Has one-cut ability -- shows burst when he sticks his foot in the ground and gets upfield. Runs hard. Will be a 21-year-old rookie and has tread on his tires.

Weaknesses

Average power and tackle-breaking ability. Lacks extra gear to pull away. Questionable third-down ability -- minimal production/exposure as a receiver and pass protection needs work. Does not adjust to throws or catch naturally. Carries the ball loosely. One-year wonder. Showed he could be contained (Alabama, Boise St., Utah St.). Recorded a 29-inch vertical jump.

Draft Projection

Priority free agent

Bottom Line

Compactly built, productive, monotone runner lacking exceptional traits to distinguish himself from other recyclable backs. Would have been better served returning to school, if for no other reason than to improve in pass protection. Workout numbers could dictate draft value."

Juwan Thompson is on the practice squad for Denver.  Could be a possibility.  But Kubiak specifically mentioned Bibbs in the USA today article about CJ's injury.  

To be fair, he praised Booker.  But Kubiak was well short of saying that Booker would get all the RB work.

Kapri Bibbs is a guy a lot of locals root for. He had a great college career in a bad college division. Colorado State University. Bibbs has been good enough to out last the likes of Montae Ball, and Ronnie Hillman. He had a couple decent runs in pre season. There really isn't alot of NFL film on him but I watched him a bit during pre season at Dove Valley. Although I do like the kid and many others around here in Denver do as well I have to admit he is JAG. 

• jbshaw locked and unlocked this topic
  • jbshaw locked this topic
  • jbshaw unlocked this topic

Archived