NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kapri Bibbs 2016 Season Outlook

beerfish

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Booker and Bibbs only healthy backs on the roster?  Denver will bring someone in.  Or trade for another back.  McFadden?

Juwan Thompson should be moved up from practice squad

1 minute ago, dabeesta17 said:

Has Bibbs been active on game days this season?

Yes, all 7 games, mainly because of special teams.  He recorded offensive stats in three games total - those were the only games in which he got snaps on offense; he has four carries and one catch.

If you own Booker you probably should have Bibbs. Bibbs could have standalone value. DEN may not run Booker like DAL does Zeke but who knows. And their ROS schedule is cake in case Booker comes up lame. 

Just now, martinjlm said:

If you own Booker you probably should have Bibbs. Bibbs could have standalone value. DEN may not run Booker like DAL does Zeke but who knows. And their ROS schedule is cake in case Booker comes up lame. 

DEN has a good schedule upcoming, but looking to FF playoffs, their schedule seems hard for RB.  I know you shouldn't look that far ahead, but everyone seems to say DEN has a great ROS schedule.  Am i missing something for their weeks 14-16?

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Do we grab now and ask questions later or see who they bring in?  

No doubt someone is coming in.  

Not so sure about that. I feel its more likely that they sign another O-lineman if CJA goes on IR. Pure speculation. I know Juwan Thompson will get brought up and he has looked competent. Wouldn't suprise me to see a little extra run from Andy Janovich. Broncos still have 4 guys rostered capable of carrying the rock.

I know being a freak athlete isn't the only criteria to be a good runningback, but Bibbs explosion metrics are horrible. Is he really better than Juwann Thompson?

And are we sure here if Booker goes down, Bibbs carries the full load?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=126663&draftyear=2014&genpos=RB

5'9 212lbs

4.67 40 at combine/ 4.54 at pro day

29 inch vert

4.61 shuttle

7.30 3 cone

These numbers are like, lower 10 percentile guys.

To compare, this is Thompson:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=113029&draftyear=2014&genpos=RB

Which is more in line what a NFL runningback looks like.

2 minutes ago, Butters said:

I would say the guy who made the team looks more like an NFL RB.

Maybe. But there could be more to it then that. Look at the Panthers situation. CAP is the direct backup to Stewart; but he's not active on game days because they need other players that contribute to special teams.

I'm just saying there might not be a direct handcuff to Booker. If Booker goes down, a RBBC is a giant possibility.

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Maybe. But there could be more to it then that. Look at the Panthers situation. CAP is the direct backup to Stewart; but he's not active on game days because they need other players that contribute to special teams.

I'm just saying there might not be a direct handcuff to Booker. If Booker goes down, a RBBC is a giant possibility.

Sure. I agree with that. If it was an easy decision, everyone would pick up Bibbs. This is a case of if you have a spot for him on your roster. I wouldn't drop anyone valuable for him. But I'm in a large league where the wire is barren. And Bibbs is potentially one play from being fantasy relevant.

1 hour ago, Butters said:

Sure. I agree with that. If it was an easy decision, everyone would pick up Bibbs. This is a case of if you have a spot for him on your roster. I wouldn't drop anyone valuable for him. But I'm in a large league where the wire is barren. And Bibbs is potentially one play from being fantasy relevant.

100% agree.  

Forget the metrics and meaurables garbage.   The coaches stuck with him and wanted him to earn a spot over Hillman and Thompson because he does more things well.   Very balanced player. 

A couple bad Booker fumbles or an injury and it's game on for Kapri

6 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

100% agree.  

Forget the metrics and meaurables garbage.   The coaches stuck with him and wanted him to earn a spot over Hillman and Thompson because he does more things well.   Very balanced player. 

A couple bad Booker fumbles or an injury and it's game on for

On 10/27/2016 at 1:52 PM, LongBalls said:

CJA looks done for the year. Kubiak loves RBBCs ... this guy doesn't sound like a COP back ... scouting report says he doesn't catch passes. 

Kubiak does not love RBBC's.  He wanted nothing to do with a RBBC this year and CJA's ineffectivness forced his hand.  Kubiak traditionally leans heavily on one back. 

4 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Kubiak does not love RBBC's.  He wanted nothing to do with a RBBC this year and CJA's ineffectivness forced his hand.  Kubiak traditionally leans heavily on one back. 

Because Foster was going to totally split carries with Alfred Blue. 

I dont think there's anything to see here yet.  Likely he's only been active b/c of special teams and Denver either activates Thompson or brings in somebody else.  As a Booker owner in every league I'm going to wait until after Sunday to assess the situation before I drop anybody for him.

• jbshaw locked and unlocked this topic
  • jbshaw locked this topic
  • jbshaw unlocked this topic

Archived