NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kapri Bibbs 2016 Season Outlook

beerfish

1 hour ago, Elcamino said:

I think this is almost click bait.....He's a good cuff, but he got 2 carries and a lucky catch in prevent defense.

NBC Denver believes Kapri Bibbs could supplant Devontae Booker as the Broncos' lead back in Week 10.

Booker played 46-of-56 snaps against the Raiders, compared to nine for Bibbs, but longtime beat writer Mike Klis believes "(that) ratio figures to change in Bibbs' favor vs. New Orleans." Booker out-touched Bibbs 11-3, but Bibbs out-gained him 80-30 thanks to a weaving 69-yard touchdown reception. Booker has been extremely ineffective through two starts in place of C.J. Anderson, gaining just 76 yards on 29 carries (2.62 YPC), but we'd still consider him the favorite to lead the Week 10 backfield. Bibbs will undoubtedly be more involved, however.

Klis is a moron

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Disagree on lucky. The Oakland D was already celebrating their victory at that point. Their effort trying to tackle Bibbs was hilarious.

Agree that this could be highly motivational.

All that said, Denver could be a little bit in panic mode now. They've suffered a few injuries, their line can't block, their QB is mediocre, and now their strength (D) is banged up and leaky. 

Call it what you wanna call it, Bibbs increased their chances to win that game dramatically with a play where he ran HARD. He made the most of the opportunity he was given. That's going to matter to some extent to a CS. Do I think he's going to seriously supplant Booker, to the extent that Booker did to CJA, no I do not. I do think that he may have earned himself a couple more carries, but maybe a literal couple-- 4 or 5, a snap or two extra, maybe the CS decides to give Booker an extra breather because they feel increased confidence in Bibbs.

If he gets a TD in those few attempts, like this week, you'll get lucky and get value. A boom-or-bust flex play if that makes any sense. 5 Carries, 1 Reception, can he get into the end zone? 

Honestly this news really makes me want to buy low on booker. We've seen what he can do behind CJ. He's had two rough weeks. Yesterday Oakland D was playing amazing. But my reserve about acquiring Booker is that Siemien is so hit or miss. 

3 hours ago, boltup15 said:

Honestly this news really makes me want to buy low on booker. We've seen what he can do behind CJ. He's had two rough weeks. Yesterday Oakland D was playing amazing. But my reserve about acquiring Booker is that Siemien is so hit or miss. 

It'd be a good idea if any Booker owner was stupid enough to believe this crazy story that he's gonna lose touches to Bibbs. No one does so good luck with that. 

16 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

It'd be a good idea if any Booker owner was stupid enough to believe this crazy story that he's gonna lose touches to Bibbs. No one does so good luck with that. 

4 pt game plus this news makes him possibly a buy at an RB2 price. 

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

Why is it a crazy story if the coach himself said it?

10 minutes ago, spidybl said:

This is totally the Booker thread last month. I can't believe this denver run game. always makes the starter look terrible.

I'll give it to Oakland, there're D is on the rise and bound to have some big games. This was def a big one for them. Booker is their guy and someone Elway said would've been their first round pick. Even back in week 1, how many rookies fumble in their first game (a Super Bowl rematch) and still gets patted on the shoulder and thrown back out there? 

No way I feel down after this game. He only ended up with 10 carries after they abandoned the run and got down. Money's on redemption vs NO then a bye to recuperate the playoff run. Still like him as/over other Low-end RB1's (*cough*Ingram). People trippin'

10 hours ago, taobball said:

Call it what you wanna call it, Bibbs increased their chances to win that game dramatically with a play where he ran HARD. He made the most of the opportunity he was given. That's going to matter to some extent to a CS. Do I think he's going to seriously supplant Booker, to the extent that Booker did to CJA, no I do not. I do think that he may have earned himself a couple more carries, but maybe a literal couple-- 4 or 5, a snap or two extra, maybe the CS decides to give Booker an extra breather because they feel increased confidence in Bibbs.

If he gets a TD in those few attempts, like this week, you'll get lucky and get value. A boom-or-bust flex play if that makes any sense. 5 Carries, 1 Reception, can he get into the end zone? 

Understand where you're coming from. Might end up with a carry here and there, but I doubt anything else than that. I'm not even concerned with adding Bibbs just in case 

On October 28, 2016 at 8:30 PM, LongBalls said:

Terrible examples. Foster was an elite RB1 during those years, and Forsett was legitimately the only running option in Baltimore. Any examples we have of Kubiak having two comparable options he's run a RBBC. Either you're assuming Booker is Foster (RB1) or you're assuming Bibbs is so crap they have to run Booker all game. Either assumption is totally unproven.

Booker is a rookie who has had double-digit carries a grand total of once ... someone is going to have to spell him. There's also the potential for Booker to fall flat on his face. Not saying Bibbs is the answer ... if the Broncos are serious about contending they should make a trade for a vet. It's far more likely we're looking at a CJA/Hillman scenario here assuming all stays the same.

I know this is prolly old with dub-digits carries part but since CJ left he's got 80 total yards +TD  and hits my g spot all the time

I dont think Bibbs has taken over...1 decent game that couldve been a great fantasy game and 1 bad game for booker against a team who you knew was going to come out on fire in a big divisional game. I think this NO game will give us a clear picture of booker and how bibbs will be used. I can see still see 15 or more carries for booker and bibbs getting some carries but his uptick will be on snap count.

3 hours ago, BroncosFan25001 said:

I'm so confused as to what people think they are getting with Bibbs.  At best you're picking up a handcuff, but really even if Booker went down I wouldn't be surprised to see Juwan Thompson take over

Coach said Bibbs will get more touches and RB has been barren so that's enough to at least warrant an add. 

3 hours ago, BroncosFan25001 said:

I'm so confused as to what people think they are getting with Bibbs.  At best you're picking up a handcuff, but really even if Booker went down I wouldn't be surprised to see Juwan Thompson take over

Don't see that happening at all.  Thompson was used far more often in passing game and blocking than as a lead back.   There's a reason they released Hillman and Thompson in the first place.   Bibbs is the guy they see as having a better skillset in the running game.

As a Booker owner, I'd roster Bibbs if at all possible.   Not that you'll ever start him as long as Books is healthy and not fumbling the ball. 

14 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Are all Booker owners adding this guy with high priority, or going after the other lotto tickets?

I am.

I've been torturing myself...Bibbs vs Dixon (who I actually think will be a factor down the stretch) but I know I'd kick myself if Booker fumbles this away and I didn't chase Bibbs.

Same here. It's tough because I keep seeing this as a RBBC while someone like Ivory, Dixon, Perkins, etc could potentially see a lead role and take the majority of carries.  2 weeks ago Booker was being touted as a top 5 RB for the ROS, and now we're already talking about how his backup is taking over.

• jbshaw locked and unlocked this topic
  • jbshaw locked this topic
  • jbshaw unlocked this topic

Archived